Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #201
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
Because I can open carry without question.
I used to be able to O/C with or without a permit in Pa. when I lived there. I did O/C a couple - few weeks but in the burbs a long haired hippie type of look and a big (lookin) wheel gun on my hip scared some folks so I got a concealed carry permit. Since moving to Florida, O/C has been a no-no. Not that I want to but I would like that to be up to me, not the Gub-a-ment. Anyway, glad to be able to carry just to make me feel safe with all these wolf packs roamin our streets.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #202
rman
Extraordinary Member

We have a mixed bag here; open carry, concealed permits, and concealed carry without a permit. My overwhelming preference is for concealed carry with a permit, but it's all good.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #203
J_B
Extraordinary Member

My preference in public ie burbs and the city limits is conceal carry around crowds as I believe there is just safety in keeping it on a need to know basis. Once out and away while in the outdoors... open carry no problem.

But if I wanted to open carry, it is completely legal to do so
Old 08-27-2015, 05:24 AM   #204
kansas45

CC is prefered, but sometimes when I'm working around the farm and need to run to town for parts or lunch at Filthy Mae's I forget about the gun on my hip. Nobody seems to notice or even care that I'm packing.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 AM   #205
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
CC is prefered, but sometimes when I'm working around the farm and need to run to town for parts or lunch at Filthy Mae's I forget about the gun on my hip. Nobody seems to notice or even care that I'm packing.
Nope they just think "well there's that crazy old farm boy" and go on about their business.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #206
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Nope they just think "well there's that crazy old farm boy" and go on about their business.
No doubt that I'm well known and watched in these-here parts!

Will Rogers
Old 08-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #207
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
No doubt that I'm well known and watched in these-here parts!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #208
Vetter
Banned

Question O/C coming to Florida...

I think it'll happen, shame we'll have to wait until about October 2016 to O/C.

Floridians who have concealed weapons permits would be allowed to openly carry firearms and Tasers under a bill filed in the Florida Legislature this week.

The bill would also allow lawsuits to be filed against city and county officials if they interfere with a Floridian's right to openly carry a firearm. It is just one of several gun rights bills that will be considered in the legislative session that begins in January 2016.

Other bills would:

Allow concealed carry permit holders to bring guns on college campuses. A similar bill passed the House last session but was killed in a Senate committee. This year's version passed committees in both chambers on Wednesday.

Ban mandatory minimum sentencing for justifiable use of force. This bill is largely a response to the case of Marissa Alexander, a Jacksonville woman sentenced to 20 years after firing a shot at her estranged husband. The bill would require judges to ignore the state's 10-20-Life mandatory minimum sentencing law if "The defendant had a good faith belief that the use or threatened use of force was justifiable." After a plea deal, Alexander was released earlier this year after three years in prison.

Put the burden of proof on the state in Stand Your Ground hearings. Florida is unusual among states in that it allows judges to dismiss self-defense cases before they ever go to trial in so-called Stand Your Ground pretrial hearings. However, defendants must prove they should have immunity from prosecution. Under this bill, prosecutors would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant should not be granted immunity.

According to the state Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 1,430,234 of these permits have been issued as of Aug. 31, 2015.

The large number of permits means Florida boasts more than any other state, but on a per capita basis, the Sunshine State quickly falls below at least half a dozen less-populous states such as Alabama and South Dakota.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #209
rman
Extraordinary Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Vetter.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:40 AM   #210
kansas45

Hang on, buddy. It won't be long now.

Will Rogers