Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Range Reports

Notices
Old 04-14-2022, 04:58 PM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default SIG P320 RX with Romeo 1 Optic

Well finally picked up the Sig P320 today and some ammo and headed off to the range. I also took the G20 along since switching back to the OEM 17 lb recoil spring... boy that was mistake.

Anyway here it is.

The red circles over the masking tape are the hits from the 10mm CCI Blazer 200-gr with the 17 lb OEM recoil spring way too much felt recoil with my thumb joint. I shot 10 rounds, and called it quits until I could replace that spring with the 24 lb spring I have at home that I forgot to bring along.

The 9mm 124-gr and 115-gr shot way nicer, and as you can see the Sig P320 RX is a real winner. I started off with #5 with 17 rounds, then #4 with 17 rounds, then #3 and back to #2 and then finished with #1

The red dot of the Romeo Pro 1 optic will take getting used to but I can see the red dot, don't have to focus on the sights etc.

It's not how fast you can shoot them, but how accurate they can be shot.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final."
― Wyatt Earp
J_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
Vetter

Smile

Nice shooting J_B. I have no desire to fire a 10mm. My Glock G30 Compact 45 is not fun for me to shoot. It's OK for carry because if fired then I can't imagine "any felt recoil." I hope your thumb feels better & the 24 lb spring is better.

US Army vet 1965-1971
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:48 PM   #3
rman

Looks like it's a shooter J_B. Good shooting.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:08 AM   #4
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good shooting J.B.
The only P320 I've tried is an M18 compact model. I had a number of jams with it right out of the box. I think it was just getting broken in. A co-worker wanted it and I sold it to him.
I'm going to need to switch to an optic model soon, or buy bigger targets.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #5
rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
That seems to be a common problem.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:14 AM   #6
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Good shooting J.B.
The only P320 I've tried is an M18 compact model. I had a number of jams with it right out of the box. I think it was just getting broken in. A co-worker wanted it and I sold it to him.
I've read that with others as well, seems to be a common problem for some reason. I can't complain about the optic, I love it really... the red dot is there when moved so no switches to activate, and best of all I can see it without my glasses better than with them. My glasses for some reason seem to blur the red dot or make it appear larger than is... but it's a real winner since don't have to line up the sights to shoot, just see the red dot on target. Now if the red dot goes out, the co-witness sights take over, and they glow in the dark as well... love these tritium night sights.

It's not how fast you can shoot them, but how accurate they can be shot.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final."
― Wyatt Earp
J_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:31 AM   #7
rman

That makes a great sight picture J_B. I've never tried one of the reflex type red dots on a handgun. I've used the type that look like a miniature scope, but they didn't co-witness and I found it hard to pick up the dot quickly. That looks much better and should work well. Another thing i found early on with AR15s, cheap ones just don't work. At least they don't with my eyesight. Instead of looking like a round, red dot, they are fuzzy and odd-shaped. That looks like a really nice set-up.