Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default Why does anyone need an ar-15?

WHY DOES ANYONE NEED AN AR-15? by Andy Larson

This question seems to pop up every time one is misused by a criminal and lives are lost. Believe me, I understand the question.

Some may not like, agree with, or appreciate this response but here goes... (bear with me, I tend to be long winded)

I need one for the purpose of having the best tool available in the event our nation is ever invaded by another country. It's said that Japan was afraid to land an invasion of the US mainland because they knew the citizens of the USA were armed. It is a fact that American gun owners loaned personal firearms to the citizens of the UK during WWII to deter Germany from invading. Our founding fathers understood that our standing Army would be best bolstered by a well armed citizenship. Yes, they had muskets but it was also muskets they faced. They expected the citizens of the US to be ready for war if needed.

Those visionary's also knew how easy it would be for a government, even ours, to become oppressive and need to be brought under control by its citizens. In their vision they didn't expect that to be accomplished with hoes and rakes, sticks and stones.

Observation of world history and the current social instability puts us on notice that there may come a time when we are on our own to defend our families and protect our communities. The violence our society is capable of has been well demonstrated in places like Ferguson and Berkeley. In such times it may be necessary to have enough weapon to protect and defend oneself and family.

What will happen when the infrastructure of our inner cities collapses and that population comes looking for what rural America possesses... Sustainability... Since they are used to everything being "provided" they will believe you should provide for them too. If you can't give it, they will want to take it.

The angry mobs will have no conscience or restraint. Violence comes swiftly and brutally. The police will be overwhelmed and unable to respond. We will be on our own.

If and when these times come I believe it is our duty to be prepared.

Only one layer of that preparedness involves my AR 15. The other layers are varied and many. The first layer is willingness to engage if necessary.

Meanwhile, I use my AR's for hunting (legal), for recreation, (competition and practice) and for home defense against potential robbery and violent home invasion. (Happens much more than some are aware). I also have large wild predators all around my home and it is sufficient if needed to deal with them...

The horrific school shootings are not caused by AR 15's. Intellectually we know this. Its much easier to "ban" something rather than step back and make life changes as a nation.

We have witnessed the breakdown of the home and consequently the demise of morality in our youth. 40 years ago Dad's spent more time with their sons. Mom's were there when the kids went to school and there when they got home. If you were in trouble at school you were in trouble at home. The only video games were Pac Man and Donkey Kong. Action movies featured John Wayne. Church on Sunday was the norm for many. A boy's imagination was captivated by how to set the points and timing on his beat up car and going with Susie to the dance on Friday night. We said our prayers before going to bed and gave thanks for life.

We had jobs after school and plans for a career. We didn't expect the school to raise our children and even though the teachers leaned left, there was enough common sense in the home to overcome the weirdness.

Today things are much different for some and consequently we have a very dangerous element in our society. An element protected and coddled by progressive liberals. An element not shunned but celebrated by those same progressives. A confused group that has little in the way of sustainable contribution to give society so they want to destroy it.

These are dangerous times.

This is not only why I need an AR-15, it's why YOU may need one too.......
Old 03-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good post JB! It's strange how only conservatives can see the logic in his arguments.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

I can't find a thing I could disagree with J B!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
Vetter
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
I can't find a thing I could disagree with J B!
Except the Clicker Ticker Doctor says, "no can do".
Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 AM   #5
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good article. But....

I don't recall there being a needs test for me to own any firearm. Out of a number of rifles that will have equivalent function I might choose to buy one of those that sort of look like what is now generally classified as an AR15. I can come up with all sorts of things I might do with one such as target shooting. I can pretty much say the same about every firearm I own. None of them were bought based on some needs test other than I wanted to own that particular firearm.

I can pretty much say the same for everything else I have. Once my needs for shelter, food, etc, are met, everything else is not in the "need" basis: computers, cell phones, cars, house, tools, etc. Just the want test.

After that rant I probably need some range time.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Good article. But....

I don't recall there being a needs test for me to own any firearm. Out of a number of rifles that will have equivalent function I might choose to buy one of those that sort of look like what is now generally classified as an AR15. I can come up with all sorts of things I might do with one such as target shooting. I can pretty much say the same about every firearm I own. None of them were bought based on some needs test other than I wanted to own that particular firearm.

I can pretty much say the same for everything else I have. Once my needs for shelter, food, etc, are met, everything else is not in the "need" basis: computers, cell phones, cars, house, tools, etc. Just the want test.

That's not a rant greener - that's just tellin' it like it is!
Old 03-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Good article. But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
That's not a rant greener - that's just tellin' it like it is!
I totally agree!
Old 03-19-2018, 05:11 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

I have the solution for you vetter. Buy an AR15 pistol with a brace. (By the way, they are legal.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sABIy8PCMHA

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-pistol-braces/

Problem solved!