Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms

Firearms A place to Discuss different Firearms

View Poll Results: What is your favorite shooting sport?
Bullseye 1 12.50%
Practical Pistol (IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge) 2 25.00%
Clays (Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays) 0 0%
Bench Rest 0 0%
Long Range Shooting 2 25.00%
Metallic Silhouette 2 25.00%
Western 0 0%
Plinking 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2018, 03:53 AM   #1
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default What is your favorite shooting sport?

I had to make this a multiple choice poll. I couldn't decide on just one. If I could only pick one, it would have to be Cowboy Silhouette. Steel Challenge sounds like fun to me. Our gun club started having matches every month last year. I haven't got up the nerve to try it yet. One of these days....
Old 07-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
panther
Extraordinary Member

I don't have access to much of that locally. I use a range with set targets and some steel targets. We plink.
I hope I'm defining the term "plink" correctly. Just informal shooting at a target set up at a distance. Try to hit the bullseye, or make a target on a chain swing. Hit a tin can or soda bottle(watching too much Hickok45).
Old 11-25-2018, 05:57 AM   #3
Pete D.

Default Bullseye

Been a Bullseye shooter for decades. Getting harder to stand still as i get older but i still make the pilrimage to Camp Perry in July.
Pete
Pete D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Although not shooting a standard way for sometime, I do like Practical Pistol (IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge), but like the indoor range with B-27 Silhouette Targets the best.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Me and "ole Slim" shot a lot of police combat courses "back in the day". Now days its trap and a few shoot and move drills at the range.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:22 PM   #6
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

I'm not really a shooting enthusiast like you guys, more just for a self defense equalizer weapon. When I do get to the range I'm just trying to center mass from where my weapon would clear the holster at 7 yards. Range rules won't let you "draw and shoot" or rapid fire, every 2 seconds is the law. I understand why and obey the rules but if the poo poo hits the fan I wanna come up with bullets flying in the center of body mass as fast as I can pull the trigger. My air pistol worked good for practice but I need more plastic BB's. I bought a bunch that were supposed be for my pistol but they don't stay in the mag and fall out the barrel so my most fun practice time is over until I get the correct BB's or the thing repaired. You guys are real marksmen and serious about shooting. I'm just a Bozo who wants to be alive and well if some SOB decides to try and Jack me. So far so good, three times trouble ended with the rapid presentation of my weapon, I just needed the "point" part of point and shoot, no shots fired. With practice I'm a pretty fast "slap kydex" guy but still no match for Matt Dillon! Sure hope never to need to pull the trigger but if need be, I'm ready. I still envy you guys range reports!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

I was always taught to be accurate with your shot placement and conserve ammo. You're only in the fight as long as your ammo lasts. Remember that every bullet that comes out of the barrel has a lawyer attached to it. With all that said I'll take accuracy over speed any day.

You are so right Vetter. Hope and pray you never have to pull the trigger.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
I was always taught to be accurate with your shot placement and conserve ammo. You're only in the fight as long as your ammo lasts. Remember that every bullet that comes out of the barrel has a lawyer attached to it. With all that said I'll take accuracy over speed any day.
Me too Teddybear. I've always been slow and deliberate, but my shots go where I want them to. Bill Jordan once said, "I've never seen anyone killed by a fast noise.", and "Speed is fine, accuracy is final."
Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Bill Jordan once said, "I've never seen anyone killed by a fast noise.", and "Speed is fine, accuracy is final."
Bill Jordon, Jeff Cooper. I wish I could have followed those guys around for a few years.

Clint Smith in one of his Thunder Ranch video's, "I've never seen a stop watch in a gun fight".
Old 11-29-2018, 01:23 AM   #10
dowop

Favorite shooting is in the woods behind Walmart between 2-5 am(:}.
After that I go to a Club & Police Range.
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote