Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 04:55 AM   #2311
J_B
Extraordinary Member

I hope you all had a fine Thanksgiving, we had our grandchildren and our children here at the house, glad our son's wife decided to stay away... as you may guess, I don't like her. My oldest daughter lives just outside of Oklahoma City, with her daughter and husband. Got to talk with her on the phone for quite sometime.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #2312
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We had a big meal at the in-laws house. We have a nephew that lives in Texas, he's ex-Navy,
works for a civilian contractor repairing Navy aircraft now. He's also a great cook. We had 2 turkeys, one smoked, one fried, and a ham that he bought and cooked. I'm still full from it all.
Thr drive home was interesting. My check engine light came on, with the traction control system light. The car was running perfectly, and we drove on home. I guess I'll be going to either O'Reilly's or Auto Zone, and get the code checked, thankfully they do it for free. At least they shouldn't have a big Black Friday crowd.
Coffee is on. Have a great day
Old 11-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #2313
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Good morning folks. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. We had a big meal at the in-laws house. We have a nephew that lives in Texas, he's ex-Navy,
works for a civilian contractor repairing Navy aircraft now. He's also a great cook. We had 2 turkeys, one smoked, one fried, and a ham that he bought and cooked. I'm still full from it all.
Thr drive home was interesting. My check engine light came on, with the traction control system light. The car was running perfectly, and we drove on home. I guess I'll be going to either O'Reilly's or Auto Zone, and get the code checked, thankfully they do it for free. At least they shouldn't have a big Black Friday crowd.
Coffee is on. Have a great day
Traction control going out in my cars is indicative of a tire with low pressure, assuming you have TPMS.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #2314
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee, bacon,eggs and out for the big Black Friday sale at the liquor store. 20% off.

Pam said I spent the afternoon watching football or sleeping. Told her I wasn't watching football, it was the Lions.

Haven't heard from the dealer about the truck. Leaves me driving the toy car. 30F outside so I probably won't drive with the op down.

Y'all have a great black friday
Old 11-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #2315
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good Morning gang. I hope everybody's Thanksgiving was great! Panther, the "Traction Control" light came on the Corvette a couple times. The cure was simple, turn the traction control off for about 10 seconds and back on and it was fixed. Hope yours is just as easy. Good luck with it. My "Check Engine" light was on the whole time I had the Corvette. The first owner told me it went on when he had the exhaust modified He said he called Borla and they said that system does sometime cause the light to go on. All I knew it ran perfect, got the best mileage and ran like a raped ape. Don't fix what ain't broken! Greener, better watch that dealer, they'll be charging you storage for you're truck. Weekends are extra. Glad the Miata fix was an easy one. Well the home PT also comes with a nurse visit once a week to milk medicare. She was supposed to come Wednesday but never showed up and never called. This one called 9:30 and said she would be here 10. I told her she would have to wait until I finished my breakfast and put a pair of shorts on. She came 11, 15 minutes she was gone and medicare is out God knows how much. We wonder why health care is so expensive. OK, I'll shut up, everybody have a great day and enjoy your rerun turkey!
Old 11-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #2316
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Evenin. Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving. Ms. Jeane and I stayed home. She had to work. I smoked a turkey breast, made a pot of green beans and that was our thanksgiving. I went for a 66 mile ride on MidNight. Several of my shootin buddies and I shot a couple rounds of trap this morning. I shot a 20 and a 21. Haven't shot that good in a long time. I started raining about 3pm and I've been inside since then. Its supposed to rain tomorrow, so I guess it will be another inside day.

Later.

Life is good.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #2317
panther
Extraordinary Member

Well, I actually wound up at Walmart on Black Friday, but not until about 4:30 this afternoon. Others were pushing carts full of gifts, I had toothbrushes and muscle ache cream.
I took my car to O'Reilly's. No code number came up, just a note about the evaporative system. I replaced the gas cap, we reset the check engine light, all lights are out now. I just changed the oil and had the tires checked and all were at proper pressure. There's a forum for Rav4 owners and this same thing has happened to another owner. Hopefully it is all I need to do too. I was one of the first 25 customers of the day, so I got a free ball cap too.
We had some good rain today. The sun will be out tomorrow, but then cold temps and the chance of rain and snow.
I have chicken cooking, it's about done. Good night all.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #2318
Vetter
Banned

Hi gang! glad the Rav 4 is A-OK panther! Sorry Miss Jeane had to work but you had a good time. Just talked to a good buddy up north and his wife had a kidney transplant. Had no idea she had any problem but her son was a perfect match and all went OK. You never know. Well good night all and may God bless us all!
Old 11-24-2018, 07:26 AM   #2319
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. The girls have coffee on and breakfast is ready,
They say we will have a warm day today, I hope they are right. We have some shopping to do later today.
Christmas lights have started popping up in our neighborhood. Some people stick to string lights, some have out those blow up Disney character displays. We have too many windy storms here. I've seen a few of them get flattened in high winds. An older couple down the street spent most of Thanksgiving day out setting theirs up. Their yard is full of Mickey, Minnie, snowmen, reindeer, and Santa driving a Jeep.
I hope you all have a great Saturday. It's back to work for me tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #2320
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Glad the coffee is on.

Panther, glad you got your car fixed. I blew $10 on a code reader and resetter several years ago. Use it every now and then. Most of the time the check engine light comes on because the gas cap is loose.

Got the truck back yesterday. They hadn't looked at the leak problem Tuesday and Wednesday but told me they had. Third brake light leak. I'd looked and did't think that was the problem but didn't take the light off.

Made the big Black Friday sale run to the liquor store. Bought enough so they had to issue a temporary license to show I wasn't a bootlegger on the 1 mile drive home. Had to show my ID. First time in quite a while I've been carded.

Football was pretty good yesterday. Lots of VA Tech folks left late in the 4th quarter and missed Tech coming back to tie and winning in OT. OK-WVa surely was a defensive battle.

NC State-UNC football game today.

Y'all have a great day.
Closed Thread