Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
greener
Extraordinary Member

Default Adopt me, please

While I was getting my oil changed yesterday I found I was living in a different world. Two other people were in the quick change.

She was divorced and had 6 kids. Two were still in high school. She was getting the oil changed or one of her out of HS daughters. All were living at home. She was talking about kicking a couple out.

He had six kids. Youngest was 23. All, plus significant others were living at home. Each had a 16x36 bedroom with bath. Last weekend he bought his youngest son 2 deep sea rods ($500) for an offshore fishing trip ($2k) and paid $150 for cleaning. Son allowed mom and dad to keep one package of the 500 lbs of fish. The rest were his. He then talked about drawing a line in the sand on the family (plus SO) trip to St. Thomas: suite room for each of the kids and SO. The line was wife wanted to buy them excursions and he thought free food, room and transportation was enough. Then there was the 36' trailer at Virginia Beach.

I told him I was available for adoption.

My kids got educational help, but were out of the house and on their own pretty much after high school.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sign me up too please!
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #3
kansas45

I'm available!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
Vetter
Banned

Talking We're on our own!

Greener, adoption for us is like trying to get someone to take a 12 year old dog from the pound. We would be more problems than we could be worth. Like now, I need a coffee, I could get it myself but I will surely spill some holding it between my legs on the wheelchair. The older we get the more high maintenance kicks in. We would have had a pound dog pick us out by now but Franne already has her hands full with me and I would be no help taking care of a young dog. Feel bad for the old timers but don't want the expense of an old buddy and having just lost an old gal is all the sad we can stand take now. If we could afford it we would feel really noble making a good old dawg feel like he was being repaid for all the love he has given. Greener, after all the crap we have put up with we would probably bite the first person who tried to rub our nose in a pile we left in a pretty out of the way spot. That would probably get us "put down" by the "humane society". I'm just going to try and be good for Franne and hope she keeps me.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
My kids got educational help, but were out of the house and on their own pretty much after high school.
We didn't have all those luxuries but my Dad worked his butt of so we had a good balance of money and him at home. When I was a little fart he stopped on the way home from work and got me a Phillies uniform. It was a league approved thing that must have cost him a car payment, all wool, beautiful but hot as Haties, I told him (like a spoiled brat) I didn't want it, I wanted him home when it was still light out so he could throw ground balls at me for practice (I wanted to be a short stop in little league). It may have been the only time I saw him tear up but probably 9 out of 10 days he was home to throw me grounder in my Phillies uniform from that day forward. I never wanted to be adopted! Franne and I got married at 20 (she didn't give me any until after we were married) my God did I beg! The night before our wedding (Elkton Md) was the last night either of us spent at our parents homes. Greener, your's were out on their own after High School, that's the way it used to be and I liked it that way!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:33 AM   #6
greener
Extraordinary Member

Vetter, did you ever think you had it tough and others were getting over at your expense? Today's lefties believe the (rich)man is putting them down and they are OWED.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #7
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Vetter, did you ever think you had it tough and others were getting over at your expense? Today's lefties believe the (rich)man is putting them down and they are OWED.
Greener, I never felt I had it tough. Had a normal bringing up, tough hood, row house Philly. My high School was 85% black, why they broke it down like this is beyond me but, 10% Puerto Rican and Chinese with 5% white. Yes, I had 2-3 fights a week but still never ever thought anyone was getting over me at my expense. The rich man worked hard and was a smart man that learned the "how to make it" rules. Somebody has to be the employer and he needs employee's. That's what makes the world go round! World don't owe me anything, I did OK with my parents direction.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #8
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
World don't owe me anything, I did OK with my parents direction.
You are getting to be in a minority on being owed.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #9
rman
Extraordinary Member

That's sure the truth. The world seems to owe everyone a living these days. Only problem is, who is going to work for the money to give to these poor, unfortunate souls? I guess the liberal's plan is to tax the people that do work more and just print more money, so they can give it away. That seems to be working out well.