Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #1351
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Up sort of early with the morning coffee and usual breakfast. Even she-who-must-be-obeyed is up.

Next door neighbor is in the hospital in an induced coma. Doesn't sound good.

Quote:
Greener my take is this: just because a bunch of liberals are too stupid to defend themselves, their families and homes, doesn't mean the rest of us are. Let's just hang on to our guns and let the libs fend for themselves.
You just don't understand rman. If you have a gun in your home you are 22 times more likely to shoot a family member you are 6 x more likely to have some other bad thing happen than you are to use the gun in self defense. Just having one in your house is a real danger. Funny, I could leave one locked and cocked out on the kitchen counter and absolutely nothing would happen other the boss would remind me to clean up my mess. Also, you just aren't fully trained to know how to shoot it and are more of a danger to those around you. You just can't argue with the statistical math. When asked what you should do, well the answer is beat the bad guy up (I'm about 70) or run. Let's see, I live in a two story and probably wouldn't run out the 2nd floor window. So, just wait patiently for your turn to be a victim. He was po'd when I elected to decline being a passive victim.

The fourth consecutive Hillary ad on the morning news. It didn't improve with repetition.

Vetter, have fun with your "hired help" I'd just like to have the kid who cut my grass do it while we are in Alaska and water the plants. Probably won't happen.

Y'all have a great day, I've got a couple posts to argue with.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #1352
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Good afternoon gang! Gotta get ready for the doctor visit. Ankle is pretty sore, I was on it a lot yesterday supervising #1 son. He came in about noon and asked if he could get another advance, I was ready! He asked for $10 to get lunch and a pack of ciggies. I told him, "no more advances, I give you money and you don't show up the next day". He went home and made a sammie but no cig money. He came back and worked his butt off, either angry or guilty. He finished the little pool deck, washed the whole house exterior, even the soffet and facia, stripped all the deck boards off the dock. I gave him a little extra. Greener, I hope your neighbor pulls through. I know you can't argue with the stats but I believe those of us who take the outcome of sloppy gun handling serious as a heart attack are much less likely to have something happen. I'm going to start getting ready for the doctor. See y'all later!

Last edited by Vetter; 07-01-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:40 PM   #1353
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. I made a trip to the big city for groceries this morning. On my way, I got a phone call from the grandson. Said he had a screw in his tire and didn't know what to do. I stopped by and took a look. The screw was in a traction lug and was at the outside edge of the tire. Screwed it out and found it was only about a 1/4" long. It had not punctured the tire and all was well.

Guess I better pay some bills this afternoon. I don't need bill collectors beating down my doors.

Greener I'm sure those statistics must be accurate. I never realized I was placing myself and others in so much danger. I will immediately destroy all my firearms in the interest of public safety.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #1354
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Greener I'm sure those statistics must be accurate. I never realized I was placing myself and others in so much danger. I will immediately destroy all my firearms in the interest of public safety.
I'm going to sell mine too because Hillary can't take what I don't have anymore, ! Doctor visit was so-so. He said the big bone has shifted out of center, showed us the x'rays and where he put double screws in that area and the appear to have come loose. Only surgery will fix it and it'll probably pretty much always hurt as it becomes more arthritic. Good news, he gave me an "air cast" instead of the "air boot". Much lighter and less cumbersome and I can shower with it on so no more sitting. Asked about in and out of the 5 step pool ladder and he said if it don't hurt, go for it. He's my kind of guy. Actually said, "listen Joe, we're both old farts, who you voting for". I'm sure my "Veteran's" hat told him who because after Hillary's, "what's it matter" Benghazi no vet will vote for her! Anyway he continued with, we both grew up where we attacked a bully until we beat them down, I said I certainly had. He went on to say we're in serious trouble here with this PC BS and the Muslim takeover, mentioned the Pulse Club massacre and said he would have ran into the fire to knock him down and wasn't afraid to take a bullet sooner than later in that situation. Told me in 1989 he was shot at his head at bad breath distance but the guy missed and he beat the hell out of him, told me to google it, I did and he 's told the truth. He said men are not men anymore and actually said we have a entire generation of pussies. You'll not get that kind of talk from your normal Doctor. He told me he carries a Beretta 12 gauge in his trunk and if somebody F's with him he'll out run them, pull over, get the Shottie, maxed out, no plug with 00-buck and dump it into the road rage bad guy. Not sure that's the best plan, if I were in Bad Booger I would just cell phone 911 and out run them. I told him both Wifey and I carry and he said at 30-50 yards he would not fear my carry weapon but his Beretta 12 gauge would take me out. He said he enjoyed the chat and see me in a month. He's right, men of our generation knew how to make their way in this life at a young age. It stuck with us, didn't it? I told y'all, he's my kind of man! Just like y'all are!

Last edited by Vetter; 07-01-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #1355
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post

Will Rogers
Old 07-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #1356
kansas45

Sounds like you found a great doctor, Vetter!
I got about half of that big hedge tree cut into firewood between rain showers today. I was already soaked with sweat, so getting wet wasn't a problem but the mud was getting slick. Finally got rained out, so I stopped by the liquor store, then went to see what the grumpy old gunsmith was working on. He was just finish up a custom 9 mm 1911 race gun. Stainless with slots in the slide at the muzzle end and a bunch of other eye catching stuff.

Will Rogers
Old 07-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #1357
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Go get it Kansas!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #1358
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Looks like it's going to get REAL wet around here the next couple of days. Weatherman says 3-6 inches over the weekend. Sounds like good weather to stay in and do some reloading. The wife has been complaining about my platform rocker making noise when I rock. I guess I got more tired of hearing her complain than she did listening to the noise. I got out a needle nose and a 9/16" socket and fixed the problem.

Kansas you should build a fire with that hedge on the 4th of July. The way it pops, it will sound just like firecrackers and it won't cost you a dime. Sounds like Greg is staying busing. If I ever get down there this summer, I'll probably have him take the creep out of my Rossi 92 trigger.

Vetter your doctor sounds like a keeper.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:49 AM   #1359
kansas45

Howdy y'all.
Looks like it will be wet down here for the next few days too, rman. If that old rocker starts disturbing Sharon again just bring it down and I'll throw it on the fire for ya'.
Oldest son and his next door neighbor are haing their roofs replaced due to hail damage this spring. The roofers are supposed to show up today with a 16 man crew to knock out both houses in a hurry. We are having light rain right now so I'm not sure how that's gonna work out.
I guess I'll head to the farm and work on that tree at the gun range again today.

Will Rogers
Old 07-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #1360
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is going.

I see California has become much safer from you folks with guns. One bill allowed co-workers to turn you in as a threat if you have firearms. I think they can just come on by and pick them up without you being able to challenge. We don't need no stinking due process in California. Maybe we do need a border fence. One on the eastern CA border.

Spent a while watching it rain and replacing the HD in Pam's computer. It had been having the slows with constant disk activity. Fixed that and replaced the existing HD with a solid state drive. Made the computer blazing fast for anything that required disk access. Instead of taking 3-5 minutes to boot up, it does it in 30 seconds. Of course the prime user didn't notice.

Pam has done some rearrangement of the landscaping and has now informed me that I have a problem with water flow from one of he downspouts.

Y'all have a great day
Closed Thread