Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 AM   #51
greener
Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the coffee. I need it.

My Michigan son and daughter were spatting over who had the worse snow and weather. They both had about 24" of snow and both are at about -10F. I had to put them straight last night. It is 7F in Richmond. Based on the weather forecasts we have closed schools or delayed schools opening for a couple hours. They've put out the black ice warnings. I heard the afternoon talk idiot discussing what to put in the back of your car/truck. Someone didn't like sand because it had water in it and could freeze in blocks in this frigid temperature. PS. The skies are clear and no precipitation is expected until the weekend when it will be in the 60's. I had to change channels driving home with that discussion, I was laughing so hard I was a danger to other traffic. Have we really gotten all that wimpy about weather?

Hell was officially frozen over when I was in Michigan last week. My daughter lives about 50 minutes from Hell. http://www.michigan.org/city/hell/ But it's expected to warm up by the weekend.

Off to work if I can survive this really cold weather. Maybe I should call in sick. After all, I'm a senior citizen.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #52
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Off to work if I can survive this really cold weather. Maybe I should call in sick. After all, I'm a senior citizen.
Before I retired, I noticed a strange phenomenon. The older the worker and the farther they commuted, the more likely they were to be at work.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #53
glockensig

A stack of flapjacks and two cups of coffee please....one for each hand! The temp was -9 when I left work...... with a -37 windchill. The old Ford Explorer started right up though. It's been a great vehicle...but as an SUV, it is doing a terrible job warming the globe. Take care all!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #54
kansas45

Good Morning. Good to see your smiling face rman.
The food looks good this morning! Coffee please, Molly.

Will Rogers
Old 01-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
Vetter
Banned

Cool

A mug with 3 fngers of Irish with a splash of rman coffee with a bowl of hot oatmeal. It's 32 degrees here! Brrrr! Florida State beat Auburn for the championship after a 13-0 season. Maybe the Miami Dolphins should sign the entire team? Today will definatly be a recliner/movie day. I have an electric throw to keep me feet warm on the recliner. 32 degrees to a Floridian is like zero to most of y'all! Can't complain too much, no snow to shovel and it'll be back to 80 by Thursday. Everybody have the best day ever!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #56
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. The coffee is brewing and the Irish is on the counter. In a few minutes, the breakfast buffet will be ready to go. I'm just having some oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. (And some Irish in the coffee) It's a blistering 25 degrees this morning - quite a change from the last 2 day's -11 and -7. It sounds like the temp will stay about the same all day. The roads are finally pretty clear around here. They've been snow-packed and icy since Saturday night. It got above freezing yesterday for the first time in awhile. Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #57
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Before I retired, I noticed a strange phenomenon. The older the worker and the farther they commuted, the more likely they were to be at work.
Yeah, bad habits are hard to break.

The alarm cat didn't go off until late, so I'm off to work. Temps were under 14F on the back porch. They delayed schools because it was cold in January(?).

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #58
kansas45

Good Morning.
Two eggs over-easy, bacon and hashbrowns with gravy please Molly.
Most of the snow has melted and we are looking forward to freezing drizzle this evening.
Y'all have a good day.

Will Rogers
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #59
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good mornin' gang! Bacon, 2 over easy, one toast and a coffee with Irish please Molly. Our weather is warming up too. Supposed to be 68 today and up to 85 by Saturday. No swimming, looked at the pool temp yesterday and it was 64! Hope the painters show today because tomorrow they're calling for rain. If they finish the prep work today they can paint it Saturday. Who am I kidding? Going to watch the season premier of "Justified". It's a great show if you haven't seen it you should give it a try. Southern US Marshall has a shoot em' now and call it "justified". Pretty entertaining. Thanks Molly, everybody have a great day and I'll catch y'all later!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #60
Glenn
Extraordinary Member

Afternoon gentlemen,I have an offering today to help make the coffee taste much better at the white house..a side dish of crow...

FOX NEWS ANSWERS ATTACK FROM OBAMA

You'll want to send it on to others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdmtJCEWPA

glenn

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not
Thomas Jefferson

Guns have only two enemies, Rust and LIBERALS
Closed Thread