Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #41
kansas45

Evenin' folks.
Hope everyone had a good day and are having a great evening.
The City want's me to get a permit or a liscensed contractor to do almost anything. The County don't really care what I do out there.
I'm bored.

Will Rogers
Old 01-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #42
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy gang. It has been one cold, miserable day. We had about 2.5" of snow last night and the high was was 13 I think. I made a trip to town without incident. The first 7 miles of my route was mostly snow-packed and slick, but the rest was pretty well clear and the main streets in Topeka were cleared pretty well. Picked up some hamburger for tonight's chili and an inline fuse for the Jeep. I didn't do much wiring today. Even with the electric heater running, it was only about 50 in the garage. I mounted the horn relay and wired it all up. Now everything from the cowl forward is done and it doesn't look too bad for having a dummy for an electrician.

Greener I'm glad you made it home safe. Now you'll need a couple of days to rest up from the driving and all the learning about dinosaurs.

Vetter glad you got some of your lights working and that you don't have to do the rest in the snow like we have here.

Panther if you'd like a little more snow, I'd be glad to share. I have more than I need.

I think I need a large cup of hot chocolate - it's a good night for it. You might as well join me Kansas. Maybe it will fend off the boredom. See y'all later. Keep smilin'.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:41 AM   #43
panther
Extraordinary Member

Morning folks. I put a pot of coffee on. I'm warming my hands by it too. It's 11 degrees, with a wind chill of +1. We never got much more then the half an inch we had in the morning, though it snowed off and on all day. One of my co-workers bought a Mustang last year. He found out that it doesn't take much snow to be a challenge for that car. He didn't have any accident, thankfully, but it took him twice as long to drive across town as usual.
I had to take my wife to the Dr yesterday for a regular check up and we actually got in early. I guess some people stayed home so they weren't as busy as usual.
I hope all of you have a great day today. It's Friday!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 AM   #44
dowop

Thanks for putting the coffee on panther.
Kinda cold over this way also. 11 degrees.
Y`all have a good day.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #45
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Thanks for having the coffee on, it's a bit cold this morning at 4*..... I have absolutely nothing planned for today.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #46
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee, eggs and bacon. A balmy 34 on the back porch. Supposed to get 4" of snow tonight.

Over he holidays we noticed Pam's dependent ID expired in August. Since its used for health insurance, I suppose we ought to mosey out and get it renewed.

All that cold weather sounds bad. But if you have any excess snow, we'll take it. It usually melts by afternoon.

Cleared out the stuff we packed. I bought some of the local Michigan bourbon. The boutique distillery stuff isn't bad. One made an election year bourbon I liked. Someone else liked and they sold out before I could stock up.

Time to go out into the world, I suppose.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #47
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy Gang! I need a cup of Panther's brew! I didn't get up until 10:44, I'm on a stay up late, get up late schedule. Panther, hope your wife's check-up turned out good glad the heater didn't crap out with 11 degree weather! Dowop I see y'all checking in with 11 degree weather, you'll need 2 hoodies and long Johns for you're trip to the hood! J_B, you win the daily low contest again with 4 degrees, yikes that's cold. Vetter wins the warmest as usual, it's 70 here now, going to 79 today. Greener, I guess 34 isn't too bad compared to everybody else and sounds like you have plenty of Bourbon if it gets real cold. Just heard on TV Sam Luvullo died. He was the creator of "Hee Haw." Did anyone not love that show? Well, it's breakfast and TV time. Everybody have a great day!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #48
J_B
Extraordinary Member

If I lived where Vetter lives, I would plant a cactus garden with a snow shovel as my center piece with a sign that reads Never Again.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #49
kansas45

Good afternoon. It's still cold here on the South end of Kansas,

Will Rogers
Old 01-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #50
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. It's cold here too Kansas. Fair and 2 degrees. I'm going to have a hot chocolate. Anyone want to join me?