Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Firearm Accessories

Old 02-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default 1911 vs Glock the debate is ridiculous

Good article, but the debate will rage on

https://sofrep.com/news/1911-vs-gloc...te-ridiculous/
Old 02-27-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
Vetter
Banned

I don't know much, I have fired a Colt, S&W & Kimber 1911, (my nephew has a nice gun collection.) All were very good looking, guess I thought the Colt was nicer because they were the original. I'm no tack driver with any pistol but did OK with them. I have 3 Glocks, none have ever not went bang, they are light with good a capacity and ugly. The opposite of 1911's. For me the Glocks work, a couple degrees of grip angle doesn't mean anything. My favorite "to look at" guns are shiney Colt Pythons & 1911's.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:06 PM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

I've owned a lot of S&W revolvers, 1911's, a couple of Browning Hi Powers, and a butt load of polymer striker-fired handguns. Three of polymer guns were Glocks; G19, G17, G34. The Glocks all shot well for me and I had no problems with them. For some reason, I just couldn't get all warm and fuzzy about them. It's the grip angle. No big deal shooting at the range. I shoot them well at silhouettes and bullseyes. If all you've ever shot is Glocks, they work just as good or better than anything else. If you grew up shooting revolvers and 1911's, like I did, the grip angle doesn't work for me in draw, point & shoot drills. It's a difference of milliseconds and only matters in competition or when your life is on the line. If the only handgun I owned was a Glock 19, I'd be a happy camper. I'd practice frequently and would become pretty proficient with it. The problem with that is, I own quite a few other handguns and the change from my favorites to a Glock slows me down. Don't ask me to settle the argument, because I can only comment on what works for me. Your results may/will vary.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:31 AM   #4
J_B
Extraordinary Member

I've owned many revolvers from .38 Special up through 44 Magnum and .45 Colt and semi autos from 22LR to .45 Auto since 1974.... starting in 1983 begun my owning Glocks the G17 in 9mm, it was what it was and went bang every time I pulled the trigger. From there I've owned many of them the G26, G27, G22 (carried on duty as a deputy), G19, G35, G20's and as of late another G21, which I hope to be able to keep this time as I did not hang onto the others. If you follow Glock Talk many just can't wait to modify their new Glocks to see how god awful more ugly they can make them... instead of just keeping them stock as they come. I have never modified any of the ones I have owned.

I have also owned 1911's which can be finicky and wasn't prepared to do upgrades to make them run like a custom 1911. I's also been a love hate relationship, thrown in with other semi autos in 9mm, one I'm trying to hang onto as they do run pretty smooth and are cheaper to shoot.

Starting this week, I'll own two .45 Autos with a new/use Glock 21 gen 4 which I couldn't resist for it's ability to have a 10mm drop in barrel added to it which BTW I don't consider to be a modification, and the current carry Tanfoglio Witness compact also in .45 Auto and will hit the range with them... I may have to wait because of this rain this week, the indoor range likes to keep the brass that hits the floor, claiming it's part of the price of shooting there, go figure. So I'll wait until I can use the outdoor range at the Bigfork Gun Club so I can collect my brass.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:31 AM   #5
dowop

I had a Glock 19 & 26. They both ejected the shells at my head. I know they would have made good carry guns but not much fun to target shoot. At least for me. Lost $40.00 on each one of them when I traded them in back to the dealer.