Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Firearm Accessories

Old 04-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #11
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good deal Teddybear. Nowadays I will buy anything I need that I can find, as long as they haven't jacked up the prices. I don't like being robbed.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:13 AM   #12
panther
Extraordinary Member

Around here, employees from some of the gun shops would snatch all that up, then resell it at their store at a much higher price.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #13
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Around here, employees from some of the gun shops would snatch all that up, then resell it at their store at a much higher price.
That is what was going on here with .22 ammo when Obummer was President. That's why places like Walmart, Academy, etc., were limiting sales to each customer. Unfortunately, they would just have their employees shop around at every store, several times a day, to clean out the shelves. Then it was just .22's. Now with so many people buying guns for the first time, all ammo is in short supply. The people who are reselling the ammo for crazy prices are just as bad as the anti-gunners.

I have a good stash of reloading supplies. As much as I hate to do it, I may have to pay black market prices for primers. That is the only component that I am a little short on. I need to go on a reloading binge and use up the primers I have first though.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #14
panther
Extraordinary Member

I went by a gun shop yesterday and Academy after supper. I found lots of ammo available.
The gun shop was opening cases that had just come in. They had lots of rifle and shotgun ammo. A pretty good selection of handgun ammo too. I saw 9mm, 45, 10mm 38spl, lots of 22lr. I'm not sure what was in the cases they hadn't opened yet.
Academy had a good selection too. They had a 4 shelf metal rolling cart out loaded with 9mm. Lowest priced stuff I saw was Blazer at $14.99/box. They didn't have any revolver ammo or 380 though.
I hope the drought is over.
Old 08-21-2021, 01:54 PM   #15
rman
Extraordinary Member

It's improving slightly. Thanks for the update panther!
Old 10-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #16
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Smile

Went to Scheels in Springfield this past Thursday. Scored shotgun primers, large rifle primers, and small pistol primers, wads, and a bag of shot.

Ammo shelves were full. Prices was any where from not that bad, to outrageous. Reloading supplies were pretty good. Primers, bullets, brass were in good supply. Powder not so much.

Hopefully the shortage is ending, but I will still buy when I find what I use.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:35 AM   #17
panther
Extraordinary Member

That's a very good price. Good for you.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #18
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sure would like to get my hands on some small pistol primers for a semi-decent price. I have plenty of brass, powder and bullets.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:10 AM   #19
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Smile Ammo score

Checked out our local Rural King and scored 6 boxes of Federal 124gr HST for $24.95 each. Not the greatest price, but at least they had it. I prefer Speer Gold Dot 124gr, but it's nonexistent locally. I could order online for about the same price per box but by the time you add shipping the cost is more that I want to pay. Also scored 2 33rd Glock mags for $30 each. Haven't saw those on shelves in a long time.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #20
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sounds like things are getting better in your neck of the woods Teddy.