Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:58 AM   #3651
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. We had thunderstorms last night. That is mostly what we had - thunder and lightning and little rain. It did knock out the electricity about 5:00 this morning and the lights stayed off for about 20 minutes. This morning I have been busy setting electric clocks, turning on computers and resetting the security system. I am supposed to have lab work done for my cardiologist and I usually have it done at the local clinic. I also have a problem with my right arm. I had a little sore that I assumed was more skin cancer, but in the last 2 days it has swollen to about half dollar size. It's really sore and the area around it is red. I don't know if I have infection in it or if it's a brown spider bite. The clinic opens at 8:00, so I'm going to call and see if I can come in this morning to get the lab work done and get the arm checked out.

Panther you're lucky you haven't had all the problems in your town that the rest of the country is dealing with. Take your vacation - you earned it and you sure don't want to lose it. I hope they don't stick you on nights. I always liked working nights, but most people don't.

Dowop good luck fishing. Wish I could join you.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:26 AM   #3652
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning.

E and I didn't make the walk. My try again today. 86 going to 96. We may not make it. He gets pretty pooped in the hot weather. But not me. I love it. Really I do. Honest. It's just my care for the dog that we aren't out. Honest, really.

rman, take care of the bite?

From the world going to Hades in a painted handbasket department. White liberals in MD/DC kneeling in submission to blacks and reciting the evil of their ways. And here I thought that part of being an American is that you don't kneel in submission to anyone. Drew Brees made a statement supporting the American Flag and got immediate, blistering responses from team mates and all. I know who Brees is but don't have a clue who the team mates who criticized him are. If they replace a safety who would know. If Brees doesn't play, everyone knows. Interesting that barely educated young men are so opposed to the country that allowed them to become millionaires in their 20's.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #3653
greener
Extraordinary Member

From the good news category. Capital One just sent me an email saying that I would get $450 if I deposited $50,000 in my money market account for 90 days. Pam and I will start searching the cushions and change cups just as soon as we finish the coffee. Surely everyone has $50k in spare change laying around.

If I can come up with only $49,999.99 we only get $150, so I may be out stealing pennies from the change cup at WAWA.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #3654
rman
Extraordinary Member

Back from the clinic. I'm about a quart low on blood and apparently have a spider bite. The doctor said she had one a year ago and she now has a half dollar sized hole in her leg. She squeezed a bunch of goo out of it and took a sample on a couple of swabs for the lab. Then she dressed it and prescribed a sulfa antibiotic. The meds are not to counteract the spider bite, but to prevent a secondary infection. She is concerned that the bite is in an area that is not fleshy and could get serious quickly. I have a follow-up appointment Monday morning. Going to the clinic now is an experience. You go in the first door into a small lobby. A nurse comes out and gives you a form to fill out related to Covid symptoms, takes your temperature and gives you a mask to wear. You are also instructed to use the hand sanitizer before you enter. The waiting room has the chairs spaced out in about 8 foot intervals. There are no magazines or children's toys in the lobby.

Last edited by rman; 06-04-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #3655
Vetter
Banned

Red face Rman, get well soon...

Howdy gang! How about a cup of tea Molly with a couple packets of fake sugar please, thank you.
Good luck fishin' dowop! I too wish I was going!
Panther glad your town hasn't been hit hard by the rioters. Everywhere it seems the white youths infiltrating the black protesters. In Oakland a dozen white men dressed in all black tearing down the boards that covered the window of a Chase Bank. Sure sounds like antifa. I hope you can stay on your regular shift.
Greener, Drew Brees statement was absolutely pro America, pro flag respect and anti those who disrespect our flag by taking a knee. Darn shame Brees got his butt chewed out because some BM, oops, I forgot the L, BLM players had a sissy fit over his truly spoken words. "Interesting that barely educated young men are so opposed to the country that allowed them to become millionaires in their 20's." Good point greener.
I looked up Capitol One and they have a $500. deal for $50,000. new money saving account. I gotta look into that.
Rman, Brown recluse spider bites don't usually cause significant swelling unless they're on the face or feet or cause exudate (pus). They're more blistering or scab-like in nature. You probably have read the same stuff I have. Yours sounds like some other spider bite. Let's just hope and pray it's not a brown recluse or an early stage bite, very treatable with minimal problems. Lucky for you is you got a doctor who had a bite. Hopefully Monday's follow-up will bring good news. See y'all later.

Last edited by Vetter; 06-04-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #3656
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Brown recluse spider bites don't usually cause significant swelling unless they're on the face or feet or cause exudate (pus). They're more blistering or scab-like in nature. Yours sounds like some other spider bite. Let's just hope and pray it's not a brown recluse or an early stage bite, very treatable with minimal problems. Lucky for you is you got a doctor who had a bite. Hopefully Monday's follow-up will bring good news. See y'all later.
It wasn't blistered and swollen until I fell and bumped it in the garage Wednesday. Now it is discharging copious amounts of pus. I hope you're right, but it looks pretty nasty.

Last edited by rman; 06-05-2020 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #3657
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. It's time to hang it up. See ya tomorrow. Be healthy, stay safe and keep smilin'!
Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #3658
Vetter
Banned

Question Fingers crossed for rman...

Good evening gang! Well rman, it sounds nasty but the doctor you have should know all about them. I think you're in good hands. Like Jim Stafford, I don't like Spiders and Snakes! That song was from 1974, golly we're old! Well,I'm hear to say goodnight, tell y'all God bless you and prayers for y'all coming soon. Goodnight gang!
Old 06-05-2020, 03:33 AM   #3659
dowop

Good Morning.Lately I have only been watching Fox News from 8-11pm.
I am hearing about defunding the police depts.
One example....https://deadline.com/2020/06/lapd-ch...ti-1202951379/

It has been 3 months rman since I went to the clinic for the bite on my leg.
I was prescribed Amoxicillin & Prednisone. The area that was inflamed & scarlet red has shrunk quite a bit. Still can see the bite mark. Wishing you the best my friend!

Headed up to the Lake Erie & doing some fishing off of one of the break-walls.

Wishing everyone a safe day.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:09 AM   #3660
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Molly, coffee and a breakfast burrito please. Thanks
We had a strong storm move through about 7am yesterday. 2 trees on campus fell down. One young locust tree that was maybe 12' high broke at the trunk about 3' high. It was pretty strong wind. As the day went along we got up near 90* again. We are going to be in the 90's for about the next 4 days.
Rman, I hope that bite heals up fast. I've never had a spider bite like that, I hope I never do.
Dowop, good luck at the lake. I hope you catch enough for a good dinner.
I can't watch the news anymore. It's too infuriating.
Have a good Friday all.