Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Fishing

Fishing Place to tell about the big one that got away.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #41
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyex View Post
I know rman, I also know I'm having a lot of fun with you guys. I show my wife some of the things you guys post and she gets a big laugh from them also.
Now the serious side, I just mailed my IRS tax refund due me to somewhere in Kansas. I hope you and Kansa45 haven't any connection to the IRS that would delay or lose my refund. Just checking. You guys are probably little aren't you.
Tony
Well, you know that you don't have anything to worry about with me, Tony.
But, you do know that rman works for the Government, don't you?
By the way, you really don't let your wife see some of the silly things we post, do you?
I am so embarsed!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #42
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex

kansa45 if I told you I only show her the fun stuff would that make you feel better? Come to think of it it's all fun stuff and she enjoys reading every line. Now I'm really worried about my refund with the news that rman is one of them. I always thought he was a rich owner of a private company. I guess there can be rich gov't workers also, like Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid,"rman".
Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #43
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyex View Post
kansa45 if I told you I only show her the fun stuff would that make you feel better? Come to think of it it's all fun stuff and she enjoys reading every line. Now I'm really worried about my refund with the news that rman is one of them. I always thought he was a rich owner of a private company. I guess there can be rich gov't workers also, like Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid,"rman".
OK now - let's straighten this stuff out. I don't work for that gubmint. I work for the State of Kansas and my job is to keep all the servers running. (And of course, we get paid peanuts and I'm not of the same party affiliation as "Fat Uncle Teddy" and Nancy Pegrossy!) I'm just a poor old civil servant, one paycheck away from homeless and/or welfare! Believe you better check into Kansas though - I understand he's a rich, gentleman cattle rancher and runs a big truck service center. Heck he's got more air guns than I have firearms.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #44
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Believe you better check into Kansas though - I understand he's a rich, gentleman cattle rancher and runs a big truck service center. Heck he's got more air guns than I have firearms.

Is that true, Kansas? Would you adopt me? I always wanted a rich daddy. I had to give up the rich mommy dream. Madonna keeps wanting to adopt from Africa.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #45
kansas45

I'll ask my new mommy Bozack. I'm not allowed to mention her name on a big-time gun forum such as this one, but she hangs out with Mr. Pitt & has big...............lips.
As long as your fixin' those KDOT computers rman, throw a glitch or two my way. I'm neck deep in a couple of new State trucks right now.

And now, back to the FISHING?

Will Rogers
Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #46
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Ok, Kansas if you want to get back to the fishing, I took some of that Income Tax money I've been making lately, and went to Wally World yesterday. I got a Ultra light Shakespeare ball bearing reel and ugly stick rod. Got a tackle box and filled it with all the necessities. I have a heavy duty fishing outfit, but the Grandson has so much fun catching them little fish that grab your hook as soon as it hits the water, I thought I would try it. Heck, I might even clean a few of them and fry them. My Mother used to, and they tasted better than the big ones.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #47
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
Ok, Kansas if you want to get back to the fishing, I took some of that Income Tax money I've been making lately, and went to Wally World yesterday. I got a Ultra light Shakespeare ball bearing reel and ugly stick rod. Got a tackle box and filled it with all the necessities. I have a heavy duty fishing outfit, but the Grandson has so much fun catching them little fish that grab your hook as soon as it hits the water, I thought I would try it. Heck, I might even clean a few of them and fry them. My Mother used to, and they tasted better than the big ones.
I always liked the taste of the small fish best. Small channel cat and bass under 3 lbs are pretty tasty. (Maybe it's just because I rarely catch any big ones.)
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #48
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
I'll ask my new mommy Bozack. I'm not allowed to mention her name on a big-time gun forum such as this one, but she hangs out with Mr. Pitt & has big...............lips.
As long as your fixin' those KDOT computers rman, throw a glitch or two my way. I'm neck deep in a couple of new State trucks right now.

And now, back to the FISHING?
Like to help you out with the KDOT trucks Kansas, but I work for KDHE. (Kansas Dept of Health & Environment)
Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
kansas45

My grandson has a lot of fun catching pearch & bluegill on his light weight outfit. One of the watersheds I fish has a lot of Crappie. Those small crank baits that run just a few feet deep are good things to use to catch them.

Will Rogers
Old 07-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #50
Vetter
Banned

Smile

I've been doin' good off the dock at the new lake house. Lots of bass. Nothing big yet, about 2 1/2 lbs being the biggest so far. Plastic worms is what I mostly use, topwater if I get up early. When we move in I'll get a boat and may be find them great ole' big uns'!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote