Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Transportation

Transportation Ways to cut transportation costs.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex

rman , do you have a CDL license to drive a semi trailer full of ammo when you go to the range?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #22
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyex View Post
rman , do you have a CDL license to drive a semi trailer full of ammo when you go to the range?
No sir - I'm usually only there an hour or so. Don't need much of a truck for that.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #23
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Reminds me of a funny story. You know, old farts is full of stories. A couple of weeks ago, I cut a big Maple tree down in my yard in town, and cut it up in firewood for my Son. I brought my 16' flatbed trailer with my little Ford Ranger and loaded the firewood on the bottom, but the trunk of the tree was too big for me to lift, so I waited for my son and he rolled them to the back of the trailer and lifted them on the back. Then we loaded the brush on top of the wood and tied it down. I took the Brush to a wash on the Ranch and unloaded it first so we could get to the wood. My son lives 1/2 mile from where we unloaded the brush, and when I started to go, my truck wouldn't move. Taking the brush off the top of the trailer left so much weight on the back of the trailer that it was lifting the back tires of the truck up on the ground, where I couldn't get any traction. Had to reposition some of the wood before I could take it to his house.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #24
kansas45

Boy Calvin, that would have been a great time to have a flat on the back of the Ranger. You wouldn't have needed to jack it up!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #25
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good thing you had a good tight fit on the hitch ball. There is nothing worse than to see your trailer following you at a ....... distance.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #26
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Good thing you had a good tight fit on the hitch ball. There is nothing worse than to see your trailer following you at a ....... distance.

Yeah, or watching a race car trying to pass you on the Interstate, & realizing that it's yours! AND...........IT'S ON YOUR TRAILER!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #27
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Yeah, or watching a race car trying to pass you on the Interstate, & realizing that it's yours! AND...........IT'S ON YOUR TRAILER!
YIKES!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #28
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
!
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #29
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Usually about this time of year I'm planning a trip to the Xiotech Users Group Conference. The first year I went, it was held in Scottsdale, Az. Then for 2 years they had it in San Diego. Last year it was in Orlando and that is where it is scheduled for this Spring. I like to go because they always provide some free training and certifications and fill us in on the latest in storage technology. I'm about dead certain that I won't be going this year. Kansas is broke you know, so I'm sure out of state travel is out of the question.
I started this thread with the quote above - this is an update. I guess things are worse than I thought. I got an email from Xiotech this morning. They are not holding a national users conference this year. They said that too many of their customers told them they (or their company) probably couldn't afford to travel to the conference this year. They are talking about having several regional conferences so that people wouldn't have to travel far. Guess Kansas isn't the only one that's broke!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #30
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

I know that I am broke. In more ways than one.