Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #8041
Vetter
Banned

Question Surgery?

Nice here too rman, going down to 44 overnight. I can feel December weather!
I hope the SIL is doing good on her own, probably good for her gaining strength. Probably good getting the cat tree out, she doesn't need to be reminded of them. Tell Rugar don't run away & get dirty like he did after the last grooming! Glad you two had Trevor up for his birthday, Sharon's noodles & cake makes a happy 14 year old!
OK, what's the surgery? I don't recall you saying anything except the dermatologist? ?Enquiring minds want to know.? You know me, I worry about everything & everybody, hope it's minor. I had a hoagie tonight & I'm a little "sweet," I shouldn't have a snack. on one shoulder, on the other. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...
Goodnight & God bless us all!
Old 11-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #8042
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Good morning Molly, chilly this morning, current temp 56. I guess 2 hot coffees to go would be good for now. I'll surprise Franne with a cup & be back when the action starts! I slept late today, looks like I'm not the only one who liked the covers up to my ears! Everybody have a great day!
Old 11-30-2021, 10:32 AM   #8043
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Sunshine and normal December weather: somewhere between freezing an 90. Or both the same day. My LaCrosse weather station with NWS link says it's 50 on the back porch and going to 57 with a 1% of rain.

Pam and I made a trip to the dump yesterday to get rid of brush, yard waste and some trash I put into the truck. Daughter's boy friend loaded the truck Sat and I thought he put the trash over the boxes of trash. He didn't. The dump charge for trash is $3 and yard waste is free. Yard waste gets ground up for mulch which is given to county residents free. Pine, oak, grass, leaves, rose, poison ivy in the nice free mulch. Some Asian type in a Lexus pulling trailer was in the brush drop off area demonstrating he didn't have a clue in trailer backing. It was painful to watch. Just as I was going over to volunteer to back his trailer he got close enough. In the trash roll off area he didn't even try to back his trailer into a slot. He stopped and his wife jumped out and carried the trash to the rolloff.

Football was pretty good. Seattle-Washington was worth watching if you wanted to see Seattle play well below what you expect and Washington play well above what is expected.

Hope things go well at the doc.

I actually answered a call from the medicare check robo. I got switched to a licensed insurance person selling Anthem. No hard sales pitch. But she didn't stop when I told here what supplement I have. As a military retiree I have tricare for life. For 10 years it has covered every cost Medicare didn't pay and has a pretty cheap drug plan. I pay nothing for the plan, other than telling Sam here I am, take me when you need me, for 30 years. Pam's week in a private room because she was septic. Supposedly I'd pay nothing for the Anthem plan and it would be between Medicare and Tricare. I'm not sure how Anthem makes money with "free" healthcare.

I'm getting the you are late for the morning treat eyes.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:45 PM   #8044
Vetter
Banned

Red face

Good afternoon gang! It's 72 here now, cool enough for another coffee Molly. I going to grab an apple from the donut dish, thanks.
Greener, you got lucky with the #1 youngest Daughter's boyfriend loading the truck. Then Pam helped unload it, you're doing something right!
Can't blame the Asian type for his driving being piss poor. You try closing your eyes so you could be blindfolded with dental floss & you'll see what he sees.
I'm guessing Anthem gets the money for the "free" healthcare by taxing the wealthy. Not sure how long it can stay "free?" After "The Build Back Better" $1.7 trillion social safety net and climate debt the wealthy just took on from Sleepy Joe. What's going to happen when the wealthy go broke? "Free" Anthem insurance & solar panels that will give you "free" electricity that you can sell back to the utility company.
You got a lot to think about!
Old 11-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #8045
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. Yesterday it was 70 at this time. Today it's cloudy and 54. Tomorrow will be in the mid to high 60's. I'm getting nauseous from the roller coaster. Vetter the surgery is minor out-patient stuff. The dermatologist did biopsies on 4 different skin cancer locations. A surgeon will cut out the rest and sew me up. The numbing shots are about the only thing that hurts. They did my blood work and EKG this morning. They just called a few minutes and asked me to come back tomorrow to do the labs over. They didn't like something they saw in the results. (Probably have a moron in the lab)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #8046
Vetter
Banned

Wink

I figured it was that but like I said, you know me, the worry wart! Thanks for letting me know & please keep us posted on the lab work. Numbing is good, I would much rather that than general anesthesia. Calvin had a FB post & was last here on Friday.
I think it was 73 here today. Our average high for December is 73 & the average low is 52. January is the coldest month, high 71 & low 49.
News just reported a 40 year old guy was arrested for raping an 18 year old pizza delivery woman in an elevator. He has a rape conviction and served prison time. A mighty pissed off Police Chief said he had between 70 & 80 prior arrests & multiple convictions. People wonder why we carry a weapon???
OK, I ate my hoagie earlier & the blood sugar Gods said, "go ahead Vetter, have a snack!" Snack, car show & cuddle Bubba time! Goodnight & once again, God bless us all!

Last edited by Vetter; 12-01-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:00 AM   #8047
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. Welcome to December. Molly, coffee and a donut please,thanks.
We had about 10 rain drops yesterday. It got real cloudy about 2pm, dropped those rain drops, then moved on. Today should be in the 60's and possibly get to 70 tomorrow. My roses are going to start blooming again. They are very Christmas color coordinated, green leaves, red roses, seems appropriate to me.
We go see the wife's neurologist this afternoon.
Have a good day, stay healthy. We got an email today telling us one of the nurses in our campus clinic tested positive for Covid yesterday. You take all the precautions you can but you just never know. She's young, hopefully will bounce back quickly.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #8048
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Good morning gang! Molly, a tall mug, black & hot please. Good to hear from Calvin, thanks for remembering Panther! Calvin was a serious mentor for me, after my brief visit to the other side I was confused as to why I came back. I called Calvin because he was the only regular guy I knew who was proud of his beliefs & he explained a lot to me.
Panther, it's 65 & going to be sunny, 77 all day. Best of luck with Judy's the neurologist this afternoon. Sorry to hear one of the nurses in your campus clinic tested positive for Covid. Hopeful people will not let their guard down too much, this isn't over yet!
Well, thanks Molly, Wifet has bagels in the toaster oven and a movie is waiting! Everybody have a great day, see y'all later...
Old 12-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #8049
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Howdy gang! How about an iced tea Molly, thanks. Nice out, 77 with bright sunshine. It was 81 inside & I worked up a sweat doing a chore & put the A/C on. It was just hanging a "farmhouse" shelf unit but it's done. Finally, a job that went perfect with zero trips to Home Depot. I should buy Lottery Tickets. Ordered prescriptions and several Amazon items. Now, put the tools away & that's my chores for the day. Wifey's happy. Watched Dwayne Johnson's new movie "Red Notice" this morning. Had very good reviews & Wifey liked it, not my kind of movie. Probably time to relax in the recliner, watch a car show and snack on an apple. Later...
Old 12-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #8050
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. It was another nice day here. It was mostly sunny with and high of 65. Tomorrow will be better. The high is supposed to approach 78. I'll take all of that I can get in December. I went back in to see the vampires this morning. No one in the lab could tell me why they asked me to come back. Maybe the dropped one of the tubes? After that I hit up Duncan Donuts for a couple of maple long johns. My next stop was Wally World to pick up a large grocery order. The cab in the Red Ranger was pretty full. Hope your wife's doctor visit came out good panther. Vetter it sounds like you are getting to be "Joe the handyman". Where was greener and the solar dog chronicles this morning?