Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #2211
rman

Good evening. It's been one of those days. The John Deere I'm trying to sell had a worn drive belt and I decided I should change it. I made a run to the dealer in Topeka and picked up a new belt. When I got home, I moved the mower from the shed to the garage. It's kind of complicated to swap the belt. The first step is to remove the deck. Then you have to remove 2 idler pulleys what work as the clutch. Next step is remove the belt guides at the engine and in the rear at the transmission. Then you have to remove the gear on the bottom of the steering column, and pull the column up out of the way. Then you have to remove the double pulley from the engine that drives the mower deck and the transmission. I got it all apart, only to discover that I couldn't get the new belt on. It was too short, or at least seemed to be. I checked the sleeve that the new belt came in and it didn't look like the right part number to me. I looked it up on line and sure enough - it was a mower deck belt. Drove back to Topeka, picked up the correct belt and got it installed. Dang! My luck just sucks, as does the parts dept in John Deere. Because of the extra running, it took me at least an extra hour to get the job finished.

Oh yeah - almost forgot. We have an inch of snow on the ground and it is still falling.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #2212
rman

Just stopped in for a quick beer and then I'm out of here. If anyone shows up, the drinks are on me tonight.

See ya later. Keep smilin'.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #2213
dowop

Good Morning..I think.
Vetter, I have a couple of screws loose in my leg from the accident I had almost 20 yrs ago. Orthopedic surgeon wanted to remove them about 10 yrs ago.
I said no cause he would have to chisel some the hardware out cause the bone has grown around it. With the scars & screws protruding it makes for interesting conversation at certain times in the summer when I am wearing shorts(
Rman, your day sounds like some of mine when things go wrong...not much comfort but maybe its kinda nice to know that you aren`t the only one.
Might stop in later for a couple of your beers.
Headed on down to the hood.
Have a good day everybody.
dowop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:45 AM   #2214
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's 34 here this morning. We got a good rain, but no snow. Tonight we will drop to 18 degrees.
Good luck with the John Deere Rman. I think all parts departments are the same. They have no idea what you want, just guess at it.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #2215
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Fresh coffee.

46 outside and rain for the rest of the day. Missed washing the truck I suppose.

Heard the standard foolishness on cures for the last shooting from TV wise people. Didn't quite understand how being a Marine machinegunner on active duty makes one take a Glock and shoot up a bar. Guess that's why I'm not a TV smart person.

rman, would you have been happy if changing the belt hadn't been so entertaining? I spent a couple hours copying photos from a cell phone to a computer I finally removed the SD card and put it in a card reader. select, copy, paste would have been much too easy and much less fun.

Y'all have a great day.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #2216
rman

Good morning. Mother Nature stuck her nose in our business yesterday and during the night. It's a Winter Wonderland out there this morning. The attached photos are from my deck on the back of the house. (Disclaimer: I don't have J_B's photography skills.)

Yes guys - it is much more entertaining when everything goes wrong on a project. () It is comforting to know that others sometimes share my difficulties.

South
https://beta-static.photobucket.com/...080&fit=bounds

Southeast

East

Northeast
Old 11-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #2217
ZO6Vettever

Question

Howdy gangs! Tall sugar free iced tea Molly please. I'm finally here after a good nap. Dowop, the Doctor said to fix mine he would have to remove them , put the next size larger and it would be almost like starting over. He told me he had done hundreds of these and when he opened the packet of parts he thought the screws looked small so he drilled the plate and put an extra screw in the area that took that stress but all 3 in that area came loose. Panther, did you move to Montana, 18 degrees? Greener, at least he didn't use an assault rifle and he did us the courtesy of killing himself. The race for both Governor and Senator. It has to be complete tomorrow and the gap can be no more than .5% or they will do a recount.Both Democrats are trailing at this point. They are against everything we are for. The black one said he would get all blacks reparations for slavery they never imagined. The other one has held office 45 years and the last 20 in the senate. Both are anti gun and pro open borders. Florida is 26% Latino. The Democrats have "dug up" over 46,000 democrat votes with more to come they say. What are they doing, copying the obituaries? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, somebody should be going to jail.

Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags or badges.
US Army vet 1965-1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #2218
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. Its been cold and blustery here today. Its spit snow a couple of times but that's been it. I went up and helped the senior citizens with their fund raiser for about 3 hours and now I'm setting here watching my favorite western. That's probably going to be my day.

Later

Life is good
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:52 PM   #2219
ZO6Vettever

Thumbs up

Goodnight gang, good day here. Mother in law had her wrist surgery with no hickups, she's happy and home. Been quiet and happy here. The local hood has had about 10 nobody home daytime robberies in the past week. Now that we have only 1 car in the garage and none in the other carport it looks like nobody home. I'll make sure the sidearm is close by at home. Didn't watch the truck race, that'll be tomorrow along with the Exfinity race. Cup race will be interesting, sorry Kansas but Harvick got caught cheating and was handed a horrible penality. I'm rooting for him and Chase and even Kurt Busch. Anybody but Logano. I don't know why they needed to move the rear spoiler 1/4" to the right when the driver was the best in the field but they did and got caught. Logano has 2 drivers ready to take him out for his foul driving habits, good! Anyway, should be a good race weekend! Goodnight and God Bless everyone.

Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags or badges.
US Army vet 1965-1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #2220
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. It feels like winter out there. It is 17 degrees. At least there's no wind right now. I had to break out a winter coat this morning.
The recounts and threat of run off elections is disturbing. Politics has always been ugly but there is alot at stake in these elections. The "other side" is not going to go away, or give up, without a nasty fight.
Rman, the photos look great, just glad we didn't get any of that.
Have a great Saturday everyone.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote