Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recommendations > Things you would Recommend for others.

Things you would Recommend for others. Things you have tried, and would recommend to others.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Consumer Cellular...

I guess it's been about 4 months since switching from Verizon. We had 2 phones and 750 shared minutes. Never used more than about 250 and cost was About $87. a month (with all taxes and fees). Consumer Cellular for the 2 phones with 350 shared minutes is $37. (with all taxes and fees). We had to buy the phones for $30. each. No contract, change the plan whenever you want, no fee. Example, for some reason you will be going to go over your minutes by a lot, you can move up to 750 for an extra $10 or 1500 for $20 more. After you're back to normal, change back, no charges or fees and all is done with a phone call. If you don't change, overtime minutes are only .25 where Verizon was .40. Very sastified so far. Any problem you call, get a real live, well trained American who will stay with you until the problem is resolved. All this old cheapskate knows is he's saving $50. a month and has better customer service. You also get 40 days to quit them, return the phones for a full refund and no charges. ***** (5 stars)
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
delford

Sounds good. How is it on the road? Many dropped calls or the same as Verizon?
delford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delford View Post
Sounds good. How is it on the road? Many dropped calls or the same as Verizon?
Good question delford. I have Verizon and the same question.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

We have had zero dropouts but only use about 45 minutes a month between us and longest road trip was to South Florida twice and had no problem. We'll be going up to Pennsylvania late August and will know better then. Consumer Cellular uses AT&T lines so service would be comparable. I had Verizon for about 14 years and only had a few problems. If AT&T works in area's you use it's a deal. I'm saving $50. a month we and use the phone all we want. Our plan is 350 shared minutes, no text, text is $5 for all you want, $10 more gets you 750 and $10 less 150. Our big use is, Franne's at Walmart and calls me at Lowe's and tells me she's getting ready to check out kind of stuff. It's no risk, 40 days to cancel, send back the phones for a complete refund. Pretty good plan for old farts. Actually it should be called "old fart phone company". Rael American people to talk to!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Vetter
Banned

Smile More minutes, no more money...

Minutes raised from 350 to 500 at no additional charge. 1000 is $10 a month more. We've had them 5 or 6 months with zero problems. ***** 5 star for sure!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
Nes

We are waiting for ups to deliver my wifes new phone. Will get here this evening they say. Its A Galexy 4 something.
Nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Benvenue
Extraordinary Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes View Post
We are waiting for ups to deliver my wifes new phone. Will get here this evening they say. Its A Galexy 4 something.
My wife has a Galaxy something. She can make that thing sing.

I still use my old flip-phone with the dim screen & little buttons & still haven't gotten over the miracle that I'm carrying a phone around in my pocket.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Totally satisfied...

They raised it to 600 minutes now with no additional charges. Seriously, 2 phones split 600 minutes for $37. a month with all the charges included. Last month we used 14 minutes. We we're paying verizon $87 for 750 for years. If you need to call them, a real live American answers and stays with you until the problem is solved. We've been with them over a year now with zero dropped calls, totally satisfied.