Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Knives

Knives This is a Place to Discuss Knives of all kinds.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up My old 6" and 8" fillet knives...

Just sharpened my old 6" and 8" fillet knives. I bought these knives at a commercial fisherman's supply for $8.99 and $10.99, 34 years ago in Cudjoe Key Fl. I bought cheapies so when they went to the drink I wouldn't be too mad. The have filleted hundreds of salt water fish and when not fish cleaning they worked in the kitchen. They were used for slicing tomatoes to frozen round steak thin for Philly cheesesteaks daily and rarely need to be sharpened. They are Victorinox Fibrox and I googled them. They are still being made and sell on line for $23. and $29. bucks They are made by the people who make Swiss Army Knives. Anybody in need of a fillet knife would do good with one of these. Pretty sure it will outlive any of us!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

I've had one since Jake was little, which was about 30 years. It is in my file cabinet now, and I use it here in the Office, when I need a knife. I use it most every day.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
greener
Extraordinary Member

I bought one from Warther's http://www.warthers.com/ a number of years ago. Does a great job on fish and anything else I've tried.

Warther's "store" charges admission and takes hours to get in and out. Some of the best carvings (trains and boilers) I've ever seen. Dover, OH, is a great place to spend an afternoon and buy a good knife or two.
greener is online now   Reply With Quote