Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #1311
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
How did the races come out rman? It's cool that you got to meet up with JDL while you were there.
He raced 1/8 scale nitro buggy Friday night and finished last in a huge field of 3 cars. Saturday afternoon he raced 1/10th scale buggies inside in two different classes - stock & hybrid (They didn't have enough cars for a modified stadium truck class, so he ran with 2 mod stadium trucks and 2 mod short course trucks with the stock buggy.) He finished 3rd in both classes.

Actually I've got to visit with JDL at least 3 times now. Once at Cabelas and at least twice at the track. No surprise - he's a good guy!
Old 07-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #1312
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Pretty cool meeting up with JDL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Actually I've got to visit with JDL at least 3 times now. Once at Cabelas and at least twice at the track. No surprise - he's a good guy!
He seems to be a good guy rman. I wish he joined us at the coffee shop more often, he always has something good to throw in on any topic. JDL, breakfast on me, "T" bone and eggs, coffee and juice, the works!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:08 AM   #1313
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I put the coffee on and it's rumored that Irish Creme is available. It's a cool, beautiful July morning here - 62 degrees and calm. Today I need to get the yard mowed. It's beginning to look like a jungle. Yesterday I bought a truckload of mulch in Topeka and distributed it between 2 of Sharon's flower beds. I'm sure glad it was fairly cool yesterday. That was way too much like work. Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #1314
kansas45

Good morning.
Coffee and a short stack please, Molly.
Whatta' you mean it's only Tuesday? CRAP!
Those big black birds are moving into the parking lot again. They like to roost on the buildings and trucks. They walk around the place eating bugs and pooping everywhere.
I brought my Black Ops silenced break barrel 177 pellet rifle to work with me this morning. There are seven less of the scoundrels to deal with. I quit shooting when the lot starts filling up with cars and trucks. I wouldn't want to break a windshield or something.

Will Rogers
Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #1315
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. coffee is great.

Kansas, I've had fun with birds and my truck in the driveway. If I park with the front facing the garage they sit on the side mirrors and back of the cab and crap all over the truck. If the truck is pointed in the opposite directions, no birds. I'd be happy to take care of the excess bird population but I haven't seen them. They appear to be roosting at night and leaving by daylight.

Early trip to the dentist this morning and stopped into Sam's to fill up the Camry. Looked at my log and I've driven the car 1320 miles since January 7 and the last 3 fill up dates have been 3/31, 5/31 and 7/29, so I'm driving it about 125 miles per month. Nice to have a 25-year-old beater but with license and insurance fees, I'd be better off driving the pickup and paying the extra gas cost. I wonder what an 89 Camry with 102k miles would sell for.

I spent most of yesterday finishing off air permit applications, so I can drop them off today and put another 12 miles on the Camry.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #1316
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's a nice cool morning here and they say we might finally get some rain tomorrow.
I'm spending the day today running to dr's offices. This morning to a vet, this afternoon to my wife's dr. I told her we could probably just make one trip to the vet and get kill two birds with one stone. She didn't think that was funny.
No time to talk now, gotta hit the vet as soon as it opens.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #1317
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! A little coffee and a lot of Irish cream sounds good! Well, I gotta go get the "Diposition of Personal Property" notorized so I can file them. I'll be happey when that crap is over. While I'm out I'll pick up a new masonary bit to drill the concrete and a new bit to drill the safe. Maybe I'll get that done today. Nothing else exciting going on. It's thundering like crazy so I'll wait till that's over. Catch y'all later!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #1318
rman
Extraordinary Member

Darn it panther - these women just don't have any sense of humor!
I got the yard all mowed and trimmed. That's enough honeydoos for the week. Tomorrow I'm goin shootin.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #1319
kansas45

Gosh, rman. I'll bet you're beat!
Cold drinks for everybody, Molly. Just put it on my tab.

Will Rogers
Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #1320
kansas45

Good morning.
Coffee and a order of whole wheat toast please, Molly.
Not a lot going on around here this morning, so far. The guys from the sign company are supposed to be here any minute to replace the big red lighted sign on the west side of the body shop. It's changing from KANSAS TRUCK CENTER to TRUCK CENTER COMPANIES. They had to build t companies part new, but will be able to use the truck center lettering by just moving some stuff.
Looks like rain, so I don't know if they will be able to get much done today. Here they are now. I better go watch them for awhile, I guess.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread