Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #51
dowop

Good Morning.
It is cold here!
Coffee is ready to go & moon pies are on the counter

.http://www.wfmj.com/story/37205871/i...-mosquito-lake

Last edited by dowop; 01-07-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:20 AM   #52
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Thanks for the coffee Dowop.
It's a warm morning here. And I'm glad it is. We have a storm coming in, they say 100% chance of rain by 10am. East of us might get rain mixed with sleet, but we are warmer and should only see rain.
It's been quiet around our campus with kids gone for Christmas break but that changes on Monday. We have a new group of international students moving in, and alot of the returning students will start coming back. It will be nice to get back to normal.
I hope you all have a nice Sunday
Old 01-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #53
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning.

Hope you are getting better, rman.

Vetter, sounds like thing's went as well as those things can with BIL's celebration of life. I like the term, especially for those who have had a reasonably full life.

Pam and I started binge watching a netflix series and I didn't watch football yesterday, except for the fumble recover for a TD that wasn't in the Chiefs' game. Looked like a pretty good game.

I put the Duke-NC State game on record because I figured that State would be on the losing end of a big score. They won by 10. Big win of the year.

Supposed to get above freezing today. Pam would be flat on her back but she breathes better sitting in a recliner wrapped up and looking miserable. Doesn't look like we are going to do much today.

Just asked Alexa about the weather, 6 outside and may go up to 27. I really love winter. Maybe cortana, bixby and google will have better weather.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #54
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. It's a lazy day around here. Went to church, had a snack and getting ready to paint some more on the front porch.

Later

Life is good
Old 01-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #55
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy. It's much warmer today - 39. It has drizzled a little, but at least you can go outside without freezing. I slept in this morning and feel much better today. It looks like I might live after all.

Dowop that ice fishing just doesn't look like much fun to me. I guess if you had a shanty and a heater it might not be too bad.

Not doing much today. The littlest grandson is up today and I'm helping him organize his hundreds of Pokemon trading cards. (Actually I don't think I'm much help.)
Old 01-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #56
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! Finally made it around to check in. Dowop, I'm like rman, maybe with a "shanty and a heater it might not be too bad." Hard enough catching fish when you can cast anywhere you want but drilling holes is another story. Hope it stays warmer for you panther, it's pretty nice here. Greener, what did you and Pam binge watch on Netflix? We watched "Lethal Weapon 4" as a re-run and it was better than the first time around! I sure hope Pam feels better real quick. Wrapped in a blanket on the recliner is comfy and makes napping easy. That always seems to help a cold. Teddybear, "lazy days" are great, they are what makes "Life be so good!" Why ruin it with painting the front porch? Rman, glad you finally got a good nights sleep! I would go crazy organizing hundreds of Pokemon trading cards. Guess I might be sometimes glad not having Grand children, sometimes not so glad, they sound like they can be quite rewarding. Had another handyman come to look over my honey do's and he's going to get back with an estimate. The first one hasn't got back yet and I don't like the one that came today. He tried to complicate every single job to pad the hours. Besides that he stunk up the house smelling like an ashtray. I know that means every 10 minutes he will go outside for a 10 minute ciggie break on my dime. If I owned a company I would not hire anyone who smoked because of all the wasted time they need. Anyway that's it for me, Mama has put a big effort out on making a duplicate white scallop pizza like last Sunday's. Don't know why but it was the best ever! Anyway gang, hope it was a good day for all!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #57
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's supposed to be sunny and 49 with a light breeze. Wahoo! I'm ready for some relief from the Arctic air. I'm going to have strawberry shortcake and coffee to celebrate. See y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #58
kansas45

Good evening.

Will Rogers
Old 01-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #59
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Well gang, it's near time to hit the hay. Hope it's a warmer day for all tomorrow and hope Pam is feeling better greener. I couldn't believe it but I got up from the desk and went to my recliner, only about 12' away and realized I didn't have my walker, walked back on my own to get it with no problems! I'll be careful not to do it again but it sure felt good to know I can really still walk! OK, enough bragging, goodnight everybody!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 AM   #60
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. I just got the coffee brewed and Molly is firing up the grill. I'm going to have 2 eggs over medium, ham, hash browns and wheat toast. I guess I'm well again - at least I have an appetite. I'm going to head for the new indoor range about 9:30 this morning. If it's too busy, I'll make a reservation for range time tomorrow morning. It has been about 4 months since I shot last and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I'll probably just shoot .22's today.

The boss lady just called to let me know she made it to work OK. She said the roads and especially the streets in town are really slick. We had a little drizzle yesterday and a heavy frost this morning.

Vetter it sounds like you're doing great!