Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Long Guns > Shotguns

Shotguns Place to Discuss Shotguns

Old 08-15-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
glockensig

Default Maverick 88... I am a sucker for anniversaries!!

I treated myself to a nice...and nice and inexpensive... shottie!! - The Maverick 88!

Assembled in Eagle Pass, Texas... in Maverick county... the factory was built in 1988....although it is difficult to tell from my little bit of research whether the first guns "out the door" were in 1988 or 1989.
Anyway, Maverick 88....and this IS 2018 so that is thirty years!! And I celebrated with a purchase. I got the FDE version and have already installed a Slade Street Tactical heat shield made of Plasticote Zytel Fiberglass- say THAT three times fast!

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:03 AM   #2
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Never heard or read anybody complain about the Maverick 88. When the country boys could have a shottie in the pick up gun rack I bet most were Maverick 88's!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Happy Anniversary Everyone should treat themselves to an anniversay gift. Looks good glock. It's basically a Mossberg made in Texas instead of Connecticut. It's affordable and most parts are interchangeable. Mossberg is my favorite pump shotgun.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
glockensig

I have Mossbergs (590A1) and Winchesters (a couple of 1200's). My daughter won a Remington 870 in 20 gauge and it works fine... but I am a little leery of Remington these days...
My favorite is probably the 590A1 with ghost ring sights. I got a steal of a deal on it when a local large shop went out of business.
Looking forward to shooting this Maverick!!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #5
panther
Extraordinary Member

I worked in a gun shop years ago, and it seems to me I remember Maverick being a separate company and then Mossberg bought them out. They always had a good reputation, just a little lower priced then Mossberg or Remington. Mossberg has kept up their quality, and kept them affordable. They are a good buy.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I worked in a gun shop years ago, and it seems to me I remember Maverick being a separate company and then Mossberg bought them out. They always had a good reputation, just a little lower priced then Mossberg or Remington. Mossberg has kept up their quality, and kept them affordable. They are a good buy.