Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 08:14 AM   #4341
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Nice sunny day going to 84 with about the same humidity.

Doesn't look like the drain hole on my Miata was plugged but I'll spend part of the day with a borescope checking it out. I may run it through a car wash to see if I can find a leak.

Nice walk with Elvis yesterday. He found a few people who wanted to play pet the pooch. When we got home he didn't want to share attention with the Miata. I didn't wear a mask walking the dog or fiddling with the car.

Panther, thanks for the warning. I'll take good care of my old plastic gas can. Don't think I'm smart enough to handle the new ones.

Friggin started being used in the 17th century in lieu of masturbation before that it meant rubbing.

All set to watch and record the Democrat convention? I can't think of anything I want to watch more other than the back sides of my eyelids. We found a Netflix murder mystery series called High Seas that Pam likes. It's in Spanish with subtitles. That's probably why I'll have to record the DNC.

Pam informed me that I wanted her famous etoufee rather than going out or ordering in. Her recipe calls for sherry and jalapeno's. I don't think we've ever had sherry in the house and she can't abide hot peppers. It had the holy trinity (celery, onions and bell pepper) along with a white wine substitute for sherry. She also uses lemon and lemon peel, which is not in any recipe I've seen. A fine anniversary dinner with a dish you can't find anywhere, I suppose.

Pelosi says that she wants to return the Postal Service to 2019 levels. I think I'm getting more junk mail than last year so I'd appreciate the decrease in service. Our postman has a meet your neighbor program. She has a tendency to put other people's mail in your box.

Y'all have a great day
Old 08-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #4342
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. I've been running around Topeka this morning, no doubt either spreading Hong Kong Fooey Virus, or contracting it. I went to Lowes and bought 2 bags of cedar mulch, 30 feet of cedar edging and a flower pot to put in the wishing well. My wife assured me that I didn't have enough grass seed for the area about to be tilled. Stopped at Skinner's Nursery and bought another bag. I'm pretty sure I have enough to seed most of Jefferson County. Went to Petsmart and picked up several bags of Ruger's favorite treats. I may need another stimulus check to help pay for all this home improvement.

Panther I know what you mean about the high tech gas cans. I have one that you put a ledge on the spout and press down to make the gas flow. Before you do that though, you have to depress a little catch so you can press down. I have another ventless 5 gallon can that is supposed to vent through the spout as you pour. It seems to be an imperfect solution because as you pour, it goes glug, glug and gas usually spews out on top of your gas tank instead of inside.

Greener it sounds like you are in for a special treat for your anniversary dinner. Hope it works out.

Vetter I hope your school opening goes well. Here they are still arguing about in class or online schooling. Usually they have already started around here.

Last edited by rman; 08-17-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #4343
Vetter
Banned

Question

Good afternoon gang! Molly, I think I need a big burger with the works without the bun and an iced tea please!
Greener, good luck with the leak, car wash sounds like a good idea! After living in New Orleans you should like crawfish etoufee, I would like shrimp etoufee. I need to buy a 2 gallon gas can, guess I'll be stuck with a new Scepter gas can. Wifey wouldn't let me bring the old cans when we moved because they smelled like gas. DUH, Wimmin. Record the Democrat convention, no thanks.
Rman, glad you found Ruger's favorite treats. After you pay for the home improvement, anything left in the stimulus check can go for Ruger treats. Who knows how the school openings will go? I have my own idea, many of the school kids will end up with the virus within a week. Those infected will spread to any other children they should come in contact with and they'll all spread it to their family's. Isn't that how these pandemics work? Home school, they'll be sacrifices to be made but if it's a mean to ending the virus let's make it happen.
OK, see you all later!
Old 08-17-2020, 05:11 PM   #4344
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. We mowed the lawn this afternoon. It went pretty fast because I trimmed around everything yesterday. It wasn't even too hot for a change. The temperature was in the mid-eighties with a nice breeze and lower humidity. It didn't get ahead of us this time and it looks pretty nice. We should be good for another 5 days.

Kansas State University announced today that they will be playing football this fall. They are only allowing attendance to be 25% of the stadium capacity. They will be playing Big XII conference games only. I hope it all works out.

The Kansas City Chiefs are also planning to play. There will be no preseason games and attendance will be limited to 22% of capacity. I guess Arrowhead won't be the loudest stadium in the NFL this year.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #4345
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy cowboys! Molly, glad you're here, cuppa apple cinnamon tea if you don't mind, thanks. Rman, glad you got the mowing done on a little cooler day. Before you know it the John Deere's will be put away for the winter. Happy for you having college and pro football this fall. Hope they don't have any virus problems. The DNC is on TV and John Kasich the flip flop Republican is speaking, makes me angry to see a turncoat speak in favor of Biden. What does he think he'll get for his Benedict Arnold part in the DNC show. President Trump has a rocky road ahead. I hope he has a blockbuster move up his sleeve. I have to shut this off or I won't sleep good tonight. I recorded the first season of "Shaq's Life" from TNT on demand. All the complaining I do about professional athletes Shaq is just the opposite of the players I dislike. I totally respect Shaq! OK, pills, car show and sleepy time. Molly, thanks for the tea, keep the change. Goodnight and God bless, see y'all in the AM!
Old 08-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #4346
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy cowboys! Molly, glad you're here, cuppa apple cinnamon tea if you don't mind, thanks. Rman, glad you got the mowing done on a little cooler day. Before you know it the John Deere's will be put away for the winter. Happy for you having college and pro football this fall. Hope they don't have any virus problems. The DNC is on TV and John Kasich the flip flop Republican is speaking, makes me angry to see a turncoat speak in favor of Biden. What does he think he'll get for his Benedict Arnold part in the DNC show. President Trump has a rocky road ahead. I hope he has a blockbuster move up his sleeve. I have to shut this off or I won't sleep good tonight. I recorded the first season of "Shaq's Life" from TNT on demand. All the complaining I do about professional athletes Shaq is just the opposite of the players I dislike. I totally respect Shaq! OK, pills, car show and sleepy time. Molly, thanks for the tea, keep the change. Goodnight and God bless, see y'all in the AM!
Old 08-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #4347
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. It's cooled down to 70 and feels nice outside. I didn't do any more work this evening. Tomorrow I might try to put up the cedar edging. We have a sidewalk from the driveway to the steps on the front porch. In the space between the porch and the sidewalk is a flowerbed with miniature roses a a truly dwarf evergreen. I want to put the cedar edging along the sidewalk to help keep the mulch from coming out on the sidewalk when it rains. The edging is 6" tall and comes in 10' rolls. It's made of cedar and the wood pieces are about an inch apart and the whole thing is held together with a wire at the top and another about 2' from the bottom. It's kind of cool - looks like a miniature privacy fence. I'll have to cut a groove about 2" deep along side of the sidewalk and place it in the groove. The mulch on one side and the sidewalk on the other should hold it in place. (Or at least that's the plan.)

Ruger is already in bed I'm not far from it. Be careful, stay safe and keep smilin'!
Old 08-18-2020, 05:08 AM   #4348
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. The stars are out here, I think it's going to be a nice day. I looked at the 10 day forecast again. There are alot more days in the lower 90's now then they predicted yesterday. No rain for most of these 10 days.
Rman, there's a landscaping business here for sale. With your experience you might buy it and turn it into a big money franchise outfit. I guess it's not a popular business with young people today, it's been for sale for about 2 years.
We had a pretty busy but successful day yesterday. There are alot of kids on campus. Most are observing the face mask rules. I did notice one group that didn't, recruits in the police academy on campus.
I got the tags on the Toyota renewed yesterday. I usually drive 10 miles east to Carthage, Mo. to do anything like that because their office has always been friendlier and more helpful. It's changing now. Only 2 of the gals from the old group are still there, they have 2 new gals who have the typical DMV attitude. I hate to see that office become like the Joplin office.
I found a video on Youtube for Costco gas cans. They are the same ones I found at the farm and ranch store. I was doing it wrong. Now I know how to use a modern gas can. Greener, thank you for the reminder to watch my language. I slapped myself on the wrist.
Have a good Tuesday.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:23 AM   #4349
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good Morning. The hound of the Baskervilles decided we needed to be up at 6 AM.

I've been listening and getting from my congress critter all kinds of stuff about Trump and the Post Office. Apparently I should be getting my SS checks in the mail. I thought that went out about 7 years ago. The SS website seems to think they don't do checks. Also, I can't vote because they have taken up all the blue post office boxes. The ones I haven't seen in many places other than at Post Offices in 20 years or more. Maybe I'm missing something.

Chesterfield County (S, SW adjacent to Richmond) has a water emergency. They have banned lawn watering because they had floods that took out part of their water treatment infrastructure. We are very close to an all-time high for rain in August. Streets are flooded and the news has pieces on water rescue in roadways and some people are watering their lawns?

I missed the Democrat convention coverage last night. High Seas was just to engrossing.

I messed around with the Dell Laptop yesterday. I did a restart on W10 update. Something went pop on restart and it crashed. This morning I was prepared to replace the new SSD with the old disk but decided to try the laptop one more time. Works perfectly like nothing happened. Ain't high technology wunnerul?

Kasich was one of my favorites in 2016. His rather dour on-stage personality didn't help him. Thought he might be a good VP candidate. But after his stunt with the pledge, I wouldn't vote for him for anything. He's better off with the Dems and doesn't represent any Republican other than the Swamp critters. I am catching talking heads telling me how middle-of-the-road the Dems are.

I bought an A/C recharge kit because I couldn't find the one I used last year on the Impala. The Miata A/C acts like it may be a bit low.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #4350
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good morning gang! Molly, could I get a big bowl of oatmeal with whatever fruit you wanna get rid of cut up in it along with a black coffee. (Black Coffee Matters) Sounds like the edging will look good and do the job for you. When I mowed I used to mow over the mulch at an idle so the mower didn't blow the mulch away. Panther, nobody knows why DMV employees have that bad attitude or why it takes so long to get to the counter. I bet they all vote democrat! Greener, I think we all have had a very wet season this year. Panther is finally getting a break. If you missed the Democrat convention you didn't miss much. Same old same old, tear Trump a new a$$hole. They have nothing positive to say about themselves so they do a dirty dance on President Trump. Glad your computer fixed itself, now if the toy car would fix it's leak you would be all set! OK, thanks for the oatmeal Molly, keep the change. See y'all later, have a great day!
Closed Thread