Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #71
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
Arctic vortex... I wish it was just a Dairy Queen dessert...
I'll have a "Butterscotch Dilly Bar", I like em' a lot!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #72
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
Arctic vortex... I wish it was just a Dairy Queen dessert...
Make mine a banana split please.

Will Rogers
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #73
kansas45

Mornin' boys. Coffee is ready and Molly is on her way in.
Its about 36 degrees with fog & drizzle in the southern part of Kansas this morning. Looks like we will be in the mid-fifties for a few days.Maybe we can get in a little range time over the weekend.

Will Rogers
Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #74
glockensig

Pour me some of that brew! After the snow and freezing rain, we are supposed to get up to mid forties and rain tomorrow. I need to get a range pass for the new year! My daughter leaves to go back to college tomorrow..... I will need something to cheer me up!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #75
Vetter
Banned

Wink

TGIF gang! I need a cup of Kansas brew, it smells good. Lookin' for more rain here. We haven't had much, just sprinkles here and there. Need to mow the weeds soon. I might get a Craftsman 19.2 volt sprayer to spray Round-Up from the lawn tractor around the fence. You know me, always looking for an easy way. Fence has worked out good, no Cujito and don't have to worry about Spooky Dog becoming Gator bait. I haven't called for final inspection yet, I want to wait until the painters are gone so they don't nail me for a painting permit. I'll already be in trouble for the pool when they come. I was thinking about putting up a Rubbermade type 7x7 shed up for the lawn tractor and stuff but you even need a permit for that. After inspections are over I might put one up. I thought about building a big "dog house" with a hinged roof for the lawn tractor. Complete with a big chain, water bucket and a "Beware of the dog" sign, it would be better than one of those "burgler alarm signs" to keep crooks away! But, believe it or not, you need a permit for a dang dog house! Have a great TGIF, see y'all happy hour!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #76
kansas45

Sounds like you folks are over permited down there Vetter.

Will Rogers
Old 01-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #77
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Sounds like you folks are over permited down there Vetter.
Yeah, can't do anything without permission. Key West was worse so everybody just did whatever, paid the fine and got a "permit after the fact". Just a gubment racket. Seriously, a permit for a doghouse? Franne has put me in one many times over the last 45 years and I never had a permit. Disclaimer... No husband was injured in the doghouse. TGIF beers on Vetter! We're in for a lot of rain tomorrow they say. We'll see. All the caulking they did around the foundation 2 days ago never dried, shrunk and has big holes so they can do it again. Couple beers and I won't care about that and Kansas won't care about Pamala's ageing!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #78
kansas45

I'm in on them beers Vetter!
TGIF!

Will Rogers
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #79
kansas45

Hey! Everybody out of bed and on your feet. That old rooster crowed about a hour ago. If I've told you once I've told you a hundred times. It might be Saturday morning and you might be tired from those Friday night activities but that ain't no excuse for laying around feeling sorry for your self. Get a move on!
Besides, Molly is getting tired of kicking my butt playing poker, and she already took all of my money.
Coffee is ready and the cook is asleep on the kitchen counter. He must have had a hard night too.

Will Rogers
Old 01-11-2014, 07:41 AM   #80
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Wake the cook up and give me a plate of eggs and bacon. And coffee, of course.
It's been an interesting week, weather wise. We had snow, ice, and zero degree temps earlier, yesterday we had a warmer day with heavy rain and thunder and lightning. At least it washed most of the snow away.
BTW Kansas, don't play poker with Molly. Don't let that innocent face fool you. There's a reason she can afford that Hummer. She's a card shark. Reminds me of my dad. He knew how to play poker and could take cash off people everytime. He'd win a few hundred dollars off the guys at work, they'd get mad and wouldn't let him play for awhile. Then they'd let him back in and he'd take all their money again. He never taught me that skill though.
Have a great Saturday everyone.