Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #221
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down Not so proud of our Governor....

On Wednesday 3/23 Gov. Rick Scott signed an abortion bill into law with the only requirement being two trips to a clinic with a 24 hour waiting period. I'm pro life but I don't totally believe abortion should always be illegal. Extreme medical problems for Mom or baby, brain damaged or badly deformed, rape and so on, but 24 hours and gone with questionable quality counseling. Just not too proud of his decision, baby lives matter too.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #222
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Wow! I am really proud of this....

Florida has decided to pay full salary to survivors family of 1st responders killed in the line of duty for life. The report was brief and they never said actually how long "life" is but payment is retroactive back to 2013. They way LEO's are targeted these days I'm glad Governor Scott pushed the bill and signed it. It's sure time for it! My hat is rarely off to these crooks that govern us but it sure is now!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #223
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default Kansas takes 2nd place

The latest issue of Guns & Ammo magazine lists all the states in order of their gun-friendly laws. The following is courtesy of Guns & Ammo and the Outdoor Sportsman Group:

The Kansas Legislature didn't pass any landmark pro-gun legislation this year, but that's only because they are running out of laws to pass. Just a decade after the war was won to bring the right to carry to Kansas, the state has some of the most pro-gun policies in the nation. Kansas allows for permitless carry and also issues permits for those who desire them, allowing it full points for its CCW laws. Open carry is also legal throughout the state. With no restrictions on the black guns and magazines and a "shall sign" statute on the books, it also gets max points in the black gun and NFA categories. The state has a strong use-of-force law that has been on the books for a decade and has done a great job of peeling back the power of anti-gun municipalities. If there was an award for "Most improved state" in the last decade, it would clearly go to Kansas. This state is just one point away from a perfect score.

(First place went to Arizona.)
Old 08-01-2016, 09:47 AM   #224
kansas45

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #225
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Proud of Sheriff Grady Judd!

I'm proud we in Florida have someone equally as tough as Sheriff Joe Arpaio. We have Polk county Chief Sheriff Grady Judd. This morning he was on TV, mighty PO'ed that an Amber Alert wasn't put out for the 4 year old child who was abducted by a guy named "Wild West Hog". Bi polar and off his meds he "Arpaio style" asked for a bunch of good old boys get him and the girl separated, call 911 and hold Wild West Hog for the lawmen. He is the same Chief when hammered as to why a suspect who fired on a sheriff on a traffic stop was shot 68 times when trapped by Sheriff's, his response was, "OK, shot 68 times, we ran out of bullets". Also, a farmer was in his shed about 5 AM, still dark he heard activity in his barn, he walked towards his barn and his Range Rover came barreling out towards him and he used his sidearm to shoot the driver and his passenger both. The female passenger, about 21 was killed and the driver wounded. "Sheriff Grady" was badgered by the news people as to why the farmer wasn't being charged until he made his statement. "These people need to know, if they try to take that's not their's from a Florida citizen, they are very likely to be shot". Kinda funny, the farm was on "Gun Range Road". The 4 year old girl has been recovered in good shape and Sheriff Judd said, " Rebecca is fine and Wild west Hog is in the pen! He's as colorful as Sheriff Joe!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #226
kansas45

Now that's a sheriff!

Will Rogers
Old 10-11-2016, 04:28 AM   #227
rman
Extraordinary Member

He sounds like my kind of guy!
Old 10-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #228
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down More like why I'm not proud...

Starting Jan 1st, 2017 Florida will be raising minimum wage up to a whooping $*.10 an hour. A five cent raise, wow! Not at all wanting $15 bucks for flipping burgers but $8.10 ain't getting it in a state with so many tourists along with minimum wage jobs and higher cost of living in those tourist areas. Cost of living where I live is fairly low but more than $8.10 an hour low! That's a whooping $8.00 a month before taxes. Can't buy a drink in a downtown Orlando club with that!

Also not proud Florida, along with North Carolina extended voter registration a week to enable the Democrats to get more Hispanic and black registration.

Last edited by Vetter; 10-18-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:04 AM   #229
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Their was a movement in 4 States, Florida being 1 to eliminate the death sentence and today Florida said NO! Federal law prohibits it for any crimes after 2002. That's crazy, kill in 2016, convicted in 2017, convicted again in 2018, hand em' the next day, case closed! Y'all didn't know I was such a bleeding heart liberal did you!
Old 12-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #230
kansas45

Good for Florida! And you too, Vetter.

Will Rogers