Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 04:24 PM   #2191
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good evening folks. We finally got some rain today. Not alot but we needed it.
It turned cooler too. I think it was in the upper 60's about an hour ago. It feels good outside.
I hope your brother keeps improving Rman.
I read that Bass Pro Shops got the approval and bought out Cabela's. I've never been in a Cabela's but used to work at the headquarter's store of Bass Pro. They just opened a new "Wonders of Wildlife" museum. I've been told it's about $40 a ticket for adults so I probably won't rush out there anytime soon.
Enjoy your evening.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #2192
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. We were supposed to have rain the last couple of days, and all we've had is a little mist. I guess Kansas and panther got all of it. It has been cool here though - highs in the upper 60's. The mornings are beginning to have a Fall feel to them.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #2193
kansas45

Good evening.
It rained gently for about 20 hours. 1 1/2" in town and 2.100 at the farm. It's nice and cool and I would like to think that Fall is here but past experience tells me that we will have some more hot days before the snow flys.

Will Rogers
Old 09-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #2194
Vetter
Banned

Talking

No rain here but no crazy wind, downed trees, power outages, it's darn nice out!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #2195
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good night to you all and God bless!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #2196
dowop

Going Fishing.

Girls are sleeping & I aint disturbing them.

Have a good day everybody!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #2197
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Good luck fishing dowop. It is a chilly 49 degrees out this morning and definitely feels like Fall. High temps are supposed to reach the low 80's by the weekend. I like the cool weather. Every day the air conditioner doesn't run is about $10 in my pocket. If I get ambitious, I will probably mow some today.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #2198
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Aged coffee to start the day.

Supposed to cool off, but no rain. The toy car club rally is a long trip to Marlinton, WV. Will take a day up and a day back. We don't take the fast roads to get anywhere.

Still watching the Ken Burns' Vietnam War piece. He seems to be mixing time frames that speakers are talking about. The POW return part was moving. He could have spent more time on that.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #2199
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang! Coffee please Molly. I'm going to eat the leftover chicken pot pie from last night and catch up on some TV series that are starting to fill the DVR. A lot of favorite series are coming back over the next 2 weeks. I don't want to run out of space and miss an NFL game Our governor is preparing for the many thousands of Puerto Rican refugees expected to flood Florida. Guess I'll have to brush up on my Spanish, had 2 years in school and it sure came in handy when I managed the hotels in Key West. Best use of my Spanish came when I caught a house-keeper stealing. I printed out a resignation in both English and Spanish. I called her into my office and said, "Tu un ladr?n, firma o llamar? a la polic?a." Which means, "Your a thief, sign or I'll call the police." I guess NYC and Philly will get flooded to. Hey Greener, check this out, "on this day in history", 9/28/1978 - Don Sherman, editor of Car & Driver, set a new Class E record in Utah. Driving the Mazda RX7 he reached a speed of 183.904 mph. "Toy Car/", I think not! Good luck fishin' dowop. Smart man you are, let sleeping dogs lay! Rman, saving $10 bucks a day on A/C puts more rib-eye on the grill! I got our highest bill ever for mid July to mid August, $310. This one was $270, about average for A/C season. The house is total electric and the no A/C months average about about $95. We have electric heat but rarely use it. Well my re-runs sound about ready for tabasco. Everybody have a great day.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #2200
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Molly, Cinnamon, how about a whiskey on the rocks with me? Anybody else wish to join, it's on me. Been a little slow around here today. Probably from eyestrain after my encyclopedia long post. Anyway, all was good here today and sure hope y'all had the same. I got my appointments for my Cadillac surgery set up for October 31st as long as the heart doctor OK's my ticker clicker' works good. I feel great, never really had any pain but on line research tells me I had trouble brewing. Time for another double whiskey then bed time. Goodnight my friends and may God bless you all!

Last edited by Vetter; 09-29-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Closed Thread