Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #2161
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. My niece talked to the doctor a while ago and they have removed the spinal drain and will be moving Dave to a regular room later this afternoon. They expect to have him up and walking this evening. He thinks they will discharge him either tomorrow or Monday. All good news!
Old 09-23-2017, 07:38 PM   #2162
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Great news rman!
Old 09-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #2163
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Guys, no doubt you have read the great news that Dave is doing well! Thanks for all the prayers for him, I know they work, I've been there, done that! Thank you everybody for prayer time for Dave.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:19 AM   #2164
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. The girls are here and the special of the day is a cowboy omelete. I think it looks pretty good.
Great news on your brother Rman. Prayers work. I hope he has a quick and smooth recovery.
I put in my 12 hour day yesterday. Today is routine, out in 8 hours, then do as little as possible the next 2 days.
I may be loosing another range here. The new place I've been going to is getting sued by people in the area. Someone claims to have found bullet holes in their child's swing set. This place has high berms, you can't see over the berms, but it will be costly to defend a lawsuit. It may spell the end for them.
Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #2165
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning.

Good news on your brother, rman.

My NC State beat Florida State yesterday, so it is a good day for Wolf Pack fans. We do this about every 5 or so years.

Watched a film on the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir. No one talks about that much and almost no one talks about the thousands of refugees fleeing the area at the same time.

Not much going on today.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #2166
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Howdy gang! Cuppa coffee and I'll try a cowboy omelet. Panther, too bad about the range. They probably have insurance but I don't blame the guy for trying to get it shut down if bullet holes were in his kids swing set. Sounds more like some jacka$$ than stray shots. Cowboy omelet is darn good! Dave, you're making good progress, keep it up buddy! Well, my bagel is out so I'll see you all later and everybody have a great day!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #2167
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Today is going to be the last hot day for awhile. There is a cold front and rain moving in later this evening. It's about time - Fall has fell ya know.

Panther I feel your pain. Our gun club has been way out in the country since the 1950's, but over the years people have built new houses in the area. They were all aware that the gun club was there before they bought the property. That doesn't stop them from complaining about the noise all hours of the night and "stray bullets flying everywhere". Of course none of that is true because the club enforces strict shooting hours - 7:30 am to sundown, and there are are large berms in place and a huge, steep hill behind the berms.

My brother got moved to a regular hospital room last evening and has been up and walking a couple of times. The plan is for him to be released sometime tomorrow. Again, thanks for all the prayers and concern.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:19 PM   #2168
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down

Keep that good Dave news coming rman! We have a rag head owned range close by that has had 2 suicides and a murder suicide, he owns 3 other ranges around the state and 2 of them have had suicides. He doesn't rent guns anymore but should he be inspected by undercover police to make sure there is a range master? The one we use has 2 people behind the counter handling paper work and renting guns. This range has cameras covering everything and the 2 guys keep a constant eye on it. It's a big shop and I see camera's everywhere and suspect they have a room with someone monitoring everywhere but the rest rooms. Once we were there and they threw 3 camo clad butt holes. Anyway it's a shame to lose on because of some fools bad behavior.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #2169
kansas45

That's good news about your brother, rman.
The idea of losing that range sucks, panther.
Sunday evening drinks for all, Cinnamon.

Will Rogers
Old 09-24-2017, 08:07 PM   #2170
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. I'll have a nightcap with Kansas and then I'm heading for the rack. Thanks my friend!