Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
The Open Carry has caused me to change my shopping habits. I will not patronize any place that has up no gun signs. I had to find a new gas station and drug store to shop at, but they were here, and their Business has increased.
I won't either Calvin and it must work. A lot of places that used to have no gun signs have taken them down.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #32
Vetter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
I will not patronize any place that has up no gun signs. I had to find a new gas station and drug store to shop at, but they were here, and their Business has increased.
I don't pay those signs no mind. Here in Florida the don't hold no water. If a shop keeper asks you to leave, you refuse and he calls the police. They must ask you to leave. Then if you refuse they will arrest you for trespassing. If you leave, it's over. Being concealed I've never been told to leave. Should it happen I will tell them they have lost my business and leave. If I were able to O/C I would need to change the places I spend my money too.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #33
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Garden hose, born in the USA!

Bought a new "Flexon" hose at Lowe's testerday. Born in the USA with a lifetime guarantee. Had to return a 2 year old 7 year guaranteed one that our insane water pressure blew out. Thought about another 7 year one....66+7=73. OK, I'm shooting for more than that!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #34
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

One important thing that I have found. If you buy something from the Internet, that was made in a foreign country, and anything goes wrong with it, forget about any recourse. If it is made in America, you can usually get it fixed, or get new parts. That means a lot on larger, expensive items. Lately I have buying some things that have, in store replacement guarantees. Sears have several. It's sure nice to be able to take it back, and get another one right then, especially if its something you use a lot.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #35
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Calvin, I got Franne's Christmas present, the new weed whacker at Sears. It's a 19.2 volt battery one and I had my doubts about it being any good. To my susprise it's very powerful and uses the same battery as my power tools and the lith ion ones last about a half hour. That's longer than the back lasts. It only weighs 5.3 lbs. Edges good too. Perfect for old farts and it was on sale for $95. I got it at Sears because they'll take dirty skivvies back, no questions asked. It is, sadly, made in China.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #36
Vetter
Banned

Default Trick or Treat in the USA...

You can still pick made-in-the-USA candies to give out to your trick-or-treaters.

Hershey's
Headquartered in Hersey, Pennsylvania. Its candy lines include Almond Joy, Breath Savers, Brookside, Bubble Yum, Dagoba, Heath, Hershey Bars, Ice Breakers, Kit Kat, Krackel, Lancaster Caramels, Mauna Loa, Milk Duds, Mounds, Mr. Goodbar, Reese's Pieces, Rolo, Scharffen Berger, Skor, Take 5, Twizzlers, Whatchamacallit, Whoppers malted milk balls, York peppermint patties, Zagnut and Zero.

Just Born Candy Company
Just Born Candy has been producing sweets since 1923. Still run by the Born family, it is known for Hot Tamales (America's favorite sugar-cinnamon candy), marshmallow Peeps (the country's top non-chocolate selection for Easter), Mike and Ike fruity candy and Teenee Beanee jelly beans. A 2003 merger with Goldenberg's added Peanut Chews to the list -- while keeping Goldenberg's factory operational in Philadelphia. All products are American-made (mostly at the company's headquarters in Bethlehem, Pa.)
Old 01-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #37
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Only Made in USA pipe in the new pipelines...

Trump is having only Made in USA pipe finish the 2 oil pipelines. He had done all promised so far. He will not give in, Mexico will get mexico's pesos one way or another.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #38
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Bought a new "Flexon" hose at Lowe's testerday. Born in the USA with a lifetime guarantee. Had to return a 2 year old 7 year guaranteed one that our insane water pressure blew out. Thought about another 7 year one....66+7=73. OK, I'm shooting for more than that!
5 years and still workin' as promised!
Old 11-23-2022, 04:10 AM   #39
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Ruger, Smith & Wesson and by God my C Sharps rifle is made in America
Old 11-23-2022, 06:14 AM   #40
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

J_B, this thread doesn't get many visits because sadly, not much is made here.
I bought a new Americab flag the other day at Home Depot. It's a really nice flag, embroidered stars & individual stripes sewn together. Same as the one I
replaced after a year & a half. Only one I have had last more than a year. They have a leather tab sewn inside the pole sleeve at the top to clip it to the pole swivel. Others have a fabric tab that doesn't last. It's a Valley Forge Flag, born in the USA!