Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Range Reports

Range Reports Place to discuss Shooting.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
rman
Extraordinary Member

Default Henry .22 Lever Actions

We have 2 of these now. One is the standard H001 and the other is an H001T. The H001 has a 18" round barrel and a hooded ramp front sight. It reminds me a lot of a Winchester 9422. The H001T has a heavier 20" octagon barrel with a tall blade front sight. The blueing on both is really good and both have nice walnut stocks. The H001 has quite a bit of figure in the walnut and looks like it belongs on a much more expensive gun. Both have slick actions and feed Long Rifles and Shorts. (They'll also feed Longs, but I don't have any) They also have good triggers for lever actions. They aren't light, but they break clean with little creep or over-travel. The standard one seems to group a little better than the T model. We have peep sights on both, so groups aren't bragging size. I'm sure they would shrink a lot with a scope installed. (Especially with my old eyes.) Both have grooved receivers for scopes. So far we've had no misfires or failures to eject. One thing about these little guys - you need to work the action decisively. If you hesitate or close the action slowly, the round will pop out of the magazine tube prematurely and you will end up with a jam. As long as you close the action quickly, they never malfunction. About the only criticism I've seen on them is the receiver cover. The action is all steel, but have a painted zinc alloy cover over the receiver. This can be removed for cleaning from the breach. I don't think it is a big deal really. One thing about it - if it gets scratched, it can be easily refinished. After all, this is great little rifle that usually sells for under $300.00 and is made entirely in the USA. If you have a complaint, you can email the president of the company directly, and he will see to it that your problem is fixed.

Last edited by rman; 07-18-2013 at 10:40 AM.
rman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
kansas45

Good report rman. Looking forward to seeing these Henry rifles in action soon.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote