Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recommendations > Things you would Recommend for others.

Things you would Recommend for others. Things you have tried, and would recommend to others.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default Foreign Customer Service.

Any time you call an 800 number (for a credit card, banking, charter communications, health and other insurance, computer help desk, etc)
and you find that you're talking to a foreign customer service representative
(perhaps in India, Philippines, etc), please consider doing the following:

After you connect and you realize that the customer service representative is not from the USA (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent), very politely say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United States of America .."

The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the USA .."

YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE USA .

That's the rule and the LAW.

It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the USA .

Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking to only US phone reps from this day on.

Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of US jobs that would need to be created ASAP.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
kansas45

I didn't know that.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Vetter
Banned

Question

Sorry but Snopes says, "False".
I'm gonna try it anyway!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

It might not work on all, but it does some. Our telephone service is outsourced, and I won't talk to them. I go to our local provider, and any time they won't help me, I'll go to a satellite provider.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
It might not work on all, but it does some. Our telephone service is outsourced, and I won't talk to them. I go to our local provider, and any time they won't help me, I'll go to a satellite provider.
We're bundled with "Brighthouse" and anytime you call it's a local office and an American on the other end. Their customer service is first class.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
greener
Extraordinary Member

Location of customer service, for me, has dropped in priority. I'm more interested in the waiting time and the quality of the response. If someone in a mud hut halfway across the world can do it better and more consistently than the folks down the street, then that's where the job should go. I'm not going to put up with poorer service just because it is American.

Recently I had a problem with Comcast contractors parking a heavy truck, without permission, in my driveway. Reason "we knocked on the door, no one answered and we have a job to do." I couldn't get anyone in Comcast by phone, email or by showing up in person at the Comcast office, which is 3 miles from my house. I finally got their attention by telling the work crew that in 120 seconds I was going to call the police and report them for trespassing. Within 5 minutes I got a call from Comcast. Turns out the guy I needed to speak to was less than 100 feet from me when I was in their office. As far as I'm concerned Comcast can export all the telephone answering customer services anywhere. The 100% American variety doesn't impress me.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Location of customer service, for me, has dropped in priority. I'm more interested in the waiting time and the quality of the response. If someone in a mud hut halfway across the world can do it better and more consistently than the folks down the street, then that's where the job should go. I'm not going to put up with poorer service just because it is American.

Recently I had a problem with Comcast contractors parking a heavy truck, without permission, in my driveway. Reason "we knocked on the door, no one answered and we have a job to do." I couldn't get anyone in Comcast by phone, email or by showing up in person at the Comcast office, which is 3 miles from my house. I finally got their attention by telling the work crew that in 120 seconds I was going to call the police and report them for trespassing. Within 5 minutes I got a call from Comcast. Turns out the guy I needed to speak to was less than 100 feet from me when I was in their office. As far as I'm concerned Comcast can export all the telephone answering customer services anywhere. The 100% American variety doesn't impress me.
The all American variety doesn't impress the Politicians either. Thats the reason our Government is Broke, and the Country is in the shape it is. Send it all out in Foreign Aid, help non Citizens, and let our own people starve. Maybe all the illegal Immigrants will do a better job than Americans.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
rman
Extraordinary Member

In my old job I spent a lot of time on the phone with technical support. I didn't insist on support folks from the USA, but I always insisted that I talk to a tech that could speak good English. Many times I was transferred to the USA or Ireland.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post

Greener, I thought about this for a while and I can't agree. America needs jobs here, not "outsourced" jobs. McDonalds actually tried outsourcing the drive-thru ordering, "yellow, dis es Bob, con I zuperzize dat"? NO THANKS! I am going on a "one man" crusade to be a pain in the butt to those who outsource.