Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #2641
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Having coffee and trying to figure out what that telesoping sight I have does. Wonder if it works better than a telescopic sight.

Too bad about Kobe Bryant. Great player and 41 is awfully young to go.

State women beat UNC women last night. Always good to beat baby blue. Now if the men can do it tonight.

We seem to be having quite a panic over the coronavirus. SARS was a coronavirus we panicked over. 8093 cases, 770 deaths worldwide over 2 years. The annual flu stats for the US is millions of cases, up to 810,000 hospitalizations and as many as 61,000 deaths. What's the panic?

Saw something on FB yesterday and tried making a grilled cheese and ham and egg sandwich in the frying pan at once. Worked. May never do it again.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #2642
Vetter
Banned

Wink Happy Birthday Greener!

Good morning gang. Hi Molly, you look extra nice today, can I have a coffee please. Panther, how is your wife doing? Greener, I don't pay much attension to basketball but it seems to me Kobe Bryant was not only a great player but a good family man and good representative for the NBA. Sounds like he pushed the pilot to go in the fog even though the other helicopters were grounded. Is Pam doing anything special for you today? Did Gotham Steel replace your frying pan? I feel like watching "Bullit" and I read where it's on Netflix. Hope it's not a pay per view, I'm too cheap to pay for a movie. OK gang, have a great day and I'll see y'all later!
Old 01-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #2643
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It started out sunny this morning, but the big yellow ball has disappeared again. Guess I better start taking vitamin D. I'm sure not getting any from the sunlight.

Greener - telescoping sight? Is that some more of that Virginia Democrat speak? I agree about Kobe Bryant. I was hunting elk near Eagle, CO years ago. During that time Kobe was accused by a hotel maid of raping her. There was a lot of publicity about it and the woman finally admitted that she lied about the incident. I'm sure she saw lots of dollar signs $$$$ and thought she would cash in. From what I've read, he was an even better person, husband and father than he was a basketball player. That's saying a lot for a highly paid professional athlete these days.

I guess the reason they are making such a big deal of the corona virus is that bad news sells. The news media loves to sensationalize common incidents.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #2644
Vetter
Banned

I agree rman, Kobe Bryant was a good family man and example to the youngsters. That's rare for pro athletes.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #2645
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. We ran a few errands before my eye doctor appointment this afternoon. Stopped at the hobby shop and picked up a new radio receiver and steering servo for Trevor's RC buggy. (First it was mine, then Tristan's and now Trevor's) Went to the grocery store and picked up a head of cabbage so we can have bierocks for supper tomorrow night.

The eye doctor was pleased with all the test results. The photo scans showed no change in the optic nerve, peripheral vision field was unchanged and the pressure in both eyes was normal. She says she will still keep an eye on things, but thinks the enlarged optic nerve in my right eye is just normal for me. I still have another couple of weeks before I have a followup appointment with the eye surgeon. My eye doctor thought it looked like it was healing normally.

We tried a new Chinese buffet before we came home. It was, at best, just OK. Our search is still on for a good Chinese place. Topeka used to have two of the best, but both have been closed for a few years.

Last edited by rman; 01-27-2020 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:25 PM   #2646
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Panther great minds must think alike. I thought about going to Chick-fil-A for supper, but then made the dumb decision to try a new Chinese place. Bad decision - I like Chick-fil-A but didn't care much for the Chinese.

It looks like this place is pretty barren tonight. Guess I'll head for bed and try to get some beauty sleep. (My wife tells me I need a lot of that.) Hmmm...wonder what she is trying to say...

Keep smilin'! Exit stage left >
Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 PM   #2647
dowop

Good Morning. Glad to hear your eye exam turned out well rman.
I will mention to my entrepreneur acquaintances about the need for a good Chinese Restaurant in Topeka. Do you think a fleet of Rickshaws would do well there?
Coffee is ready just flip the switch. A case of moon pies is on the counter.
Wishing everyone a good day,
Old 01-28-2020, 12:12 AM   #2648
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy gang. Rman, glad the eyes are still working good. I go 2/4 for the last check up on mine. I'm happy with mine but will need cheaters sometimes. Bierocks look good but I have steer clear of the bread carbs. Like you rman we have no really good Chinese place, zero delivery, one "all you can eat" that's not too good. Maybe where we are moving will have a good Chinese restaurant. Dowop, glad your key is working out good for you. I'll be lookin' forward to a morning "Moon Pie." I'm ready for bed after my night meds, had a good couple hour recliner nap. I know why they call them easy chairs, they're easy to fall asleep in! So good night and God bless, you all will be in my night time prayers. See y'all in the AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:25 AM   #2649
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. We both are up early this morning. Sharon got up feeling bad and I joined her. She's had a tummy thing going on for a couple of days. I think she caught a bug when we went to Wally Word Saturday. She always wipes down the cart with the wipes they provide, but they probably aren't strong enough to ward off Walmartian stomach flu. The weatherman is promising us light snow later today. On the bright side, it is supposed to be in the low 60's on Super Bowl Sunday. I've been a lifelong Chiefs fan, even though the terrible years and many years of mediocre performances. I thought about a trip to Miami until I heard about the ticket, hotel and airline prices. Much as I love the Chiefs, I will be watching them from my recliner, cussing when they do dumb things and cheering when they do well.

Dowop I turned the coffee on and am enjoying a Moon Pie - breakfast of champions. Thanks! The entrepreneur idea is a good one, but I'm not sure the rickshaw fleet would work out here. We have a much larger black and Hispanic population than we do Asian. I'm not sure how well they would work out during a typical Kansas Winter. (Or hot, humid summer) Glad the front door key is working out for you. The girls just walked in and both had a Moon Pie in each hand. Not sure how long they will last this morning.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #2650
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. We had a nice sunny day yesterday. The clouds are moving back in now though. No snow in the forecast for us, just a slight chance of rain.
I stopped at a gun store in a town about 10 miles from here yesterday. It used to be one of the biggest stores in the area, but their inventory is seriously down now. They had lots of empty shelves in the back. I'm not sure why their business is declining but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't last long.
Today is pizza day for us. We just have to decide which one we want.
Have a great day everyone