Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #901
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee was delayed for laundry and setting up the Weber to smoke a pork butt. Now I need to wander outside and see if the weber is doing ok.

Calvin, saw that you folks were getting a second round of bad weather. Hope everything came through ok.

Powerwash guy will be here late this afternoon. His original plan was 8am until he discovered he had 3 Bobs on schedule today and I wasn't the real 8am Bob.

AC guy called. Car passed safety inspection and for the minor sum of $2058 he could fix the AC (compressor and evaporator leak). Pam was not interested in dropping that much in her car, but is ok in dropping 10-15 times that in a replacement. The Subaru guy gave me a broad hint that he ain't dealing (3 new Foresters on the lot and about 8 used Foresters and Outbacks).

rman, good luck with the lake. Bad when they don't want boat wakes overtopping the dam.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #902
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. Took the wife to work this morning. Her niece was having a lumpectomy at 1:30 this afternoon. I picked up some food and treats for rdog and then took her to this hospital. We left after the surgery was completed so we could get home before the bad weather hit. There was a series of small tornadoes West of us between about 5:00 and 5:45. As far as I know, only some power poles were taken down in southern Dickinson County. Then about 5:45 they issued a tornado warning for the area where I live and they sounded the sirens. The sky looked really bad, but it went West and North of us. All we got was some rain. We got the all clear at 5:45.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:08 PM   #903
panther
Extraordinary Member

We had a storm hit us about 9am today. The wind was so strong the rain was coming sideways, instead of straight down. It blew like that for about 30 minutes. We had light rain after that until about 2pm. Now, the sun is out and it's windy and cool. I heard that our Governor has declared a state of emergency because of all the flooding.
I'm glad it's over.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #904
rman
Extraordinary Member

Glad the storms didn't get you panther. One of our great-nephews came by for a while with his girl friend. They were out looking at the lake level. Shortly after they left, he called and advised my wife that one of her nephews passed this afternoon. His wife came home from work and found him. We don't have any other details. She has been losing family members right and left the last 3 years. Sadly, most are younger than her.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #905
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Rman, I'm should all you got were "get in the basement" warnings and no tornado! Glad to here you stocked up on necessary rdog food and treats! Greener, $2058. for A/C repair sounds like bad investment. She needs to go back to the "4 & 40" days for A/C or make you part with some greener backs. Research Subaru's semi autonomous tech, they're working on improving old tech and not getting good reviews. There is better out there. Dropping 10-15 times that A/C repair cost in a replacement may be a little conservative, Uber may be a better choice. Good luck buddy. Panther, you may need a snorkle if the rain doesn't let up. I just hope you guys stay outta harms way, Mother Nature is sure strong and unpredictable! Sorry to hear about another death in Sharon's family. We all lose more friends and family the older we get, we need to keep our chin's up and look to the future! It's bed time, see y'all in the AM!
Old 05-22-2019, 05:11 AM   #906
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. Molly, coffee and a breakfast burrito please with some mild salsa. Thanks.
Good news, it's not raining. We do have a 50% chance of scattered showers about dinner time tonight, going into tomorrow morning.
The little kids that live next door to me were enjoying the end of the rain. Their mom had them out in rain boots, so they had to splash in every puddle by their place,then come over and splash in mine. They are really cute kids, I always enjoy seeing them.
I hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #907
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Good morning gang! Panther, that sounds good. Molly, coffee and a breakfast burrito please with some mild salsa just like panther's. Thanks. Glad to hear you guys missed the tornado's and flood waters. Sounds like they were close to you rman. Sorry to hear Sharon lost a Nephew. I hope all the bad weather takes a break for a while so the creeks and lakes can drop below flood or near flood levels. Well, it's TV time. Thanks for the breakfast burrito Molly and everybody have a great day!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #908
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. The sun is shining today and a high of 76 is predicted. Looks like the A/C goes on again today. Lately it's been heat for a couple of days and then A/C. I'm sure my heating/cooling system is confused. We came out of all the tornados unscathed yesterday. We had a number of small ones touch down in the Eastern half of the state. Fortunately there were no injuries or fatalities; just some property damage. The weather bureau promises rain for six days, starting tonight. I don't have any immediate flood worries, however getting out of here might get a little difficult due to flooded roads. Hopefully, that won't happen. Right now I'm just going to smile and enjoy the sunshine while we have it.

Panther mud puddles are a magnet for little kids. I haven't seen one yet that wasn't drawn to them like magnets. For that matter, even dogs seem to love them. I've always had to steer mine around the puddles.

Stay dry everyone and enjoy your day.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #909
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Sipping coffee and watching the 74F sun shine.

Labored long and hard yesterday smoking a pork butt. I apparently didn't lay the charcoal correctly so I had to add chips twice to keep it going.

Got the house washed yesterday. The guy did a pretty good job. The guy who was supposed to come by on Friday and was a no call no show came by and claimed it was his job and wanted money. Life is interesting, but two walls of algae are no longer green.

Looks like everyone else is living in much more interesting time than me. Hope things clear up.

Vetter, I'll look up tech complaints.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #910
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Good afternoon gang! Did a "Blue Bloods" 6 or 7 episode binge! Rman, I was a city boy, we had concrete sidewalks and concrete postage stamp size yards. No mud but, I could not walk by a puddle without jumping both feet flat in every single puddle. When the lake was so high it was in the yard inside the fence. The fluffy white Bubba had to run along the fence and get crummy dirty. So he had to get in the sink to get rinsed off. Greener, I should have posted the link, anyway they said they using outdated tech trying to improve it instead of using new and better. I went on you tube and see if anybody has found a way to defeat the sensors that set off alarms if you are not griping the steering wheel. One guy put a orange between the steering wheel and a steering wheel spoke, worked great so he is going to get a sponge ball the right size. He was driving I-95 through Richmond, cruise at 65 and it made those fairly hard left and right curves perfect. I was thinking of a suicide knob or a lace on leather wheel cover but I have a sponge ball hanging down to hit the windshield to tell me to stop. I'll try it and see if it works. Anyway, the clock clicked to 4 PM, good time for a cocktail!
Closed Thread