Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Cars

Cars Place for Car Discussions.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
panther
Extraordinary Member

Default '57 Plymouth Savoy

We have a kid working here who's dad is a used car salesman. Sometimes they travel and pick up gems along the way.
Today he came up with a '57 Plymouth Savoy. It's black and white, like this picture I found when I Googled info about the car. It's been sitting in a garage in Nebraska since 1969. The body is in great shape, the seats are gone. But they plan to do a restoration of it.
Just thought you old time car buffs would enjoy it.
This isn't the same car, but it's the same body style and paint.
http://media.motortopia.com/files/74...c/DSC00444.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Thats neat. I had a 57 Chev. with fender skirts.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

Neat old Plymouth panther! A friend of mine had a black 59 Plymouth Fury 2 door hardtop. At the time, I thought it was about the best looking car I'd ever seen. My first car was a black 56 Buick Special 2 door with a red interior. It was the only Buick I ever saw in those days that had a standard transmission. All the others had an automatic called a Dynaflow. We always called them slip-0-matics. Because mine had a stick shift and it was the short wheelbase, lighter model of Buick it was pretty darn fast. A friend and I put a high-lift cam and 4-barrel carb on it and it was a beast for those days. In 56, Chevy had the 265 CI engine and Fords big one was a 312. Mine was 322 and the car didn't weigh much more than a Ford or Chevy. Won lots of drag races to unsuspecting nimrods. It looked like this one except it was black, lowered in the front and had 2 big chrome scavenger pipes that dumped out just below the rear axle.

http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/563585.html
Old 08-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
kansas45

I sure do like those old Buick's & Plymouth's. I bought a 57 Chevy 2D post car when I was 16. It was Turquoise & White with a 3 speed transmission & a 230 six cylinder motor. A little tweaking here & there ( well, a 350HP 327, 4speed & a fresh coat of Daytona Yellow paint along with a set of Cragar wheels with Firestone WIDE Oval tires) & the thing was a real hot rod. My Mom hated it but the girls liked it!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
I sure do like those old Buick's & Plymouth's. I bought a 57 Chevy 2D post car when I was 16. It was Turquoise & White with a 3 speed transmission & a 230 six cylinder motor. A little tweaking here & there ( well, a 350HP 327, 4speed & a fresh coat of Daytona Yellow paint along with a set of Cragar wheels with Firestone WIDE Oval tires) & the thing was a real hot rod. My Mom hated it but the girls liked it!
Sounds cool Kansas!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
kansas45

A good friend of my dad had a son that was about 8 or ten years older than me. Dad had a cabin on Lake Blackwell down in Oklahoma & our families spent quite a bit of time down there. Kenny was the shop manager at the Chevorlet garage here in Arkansas City & his son had a Plymouth like that, only it was a 2-door. Kenny always told Mike to stay away from the drag strip, knowing that Mike would go anyway. There was (is) a strip west of town & one Sunday afternoon on our way back from the lake Mike got caught. As we were going by the drag strip, Mike was pulling out with shoe polish numbers on his windshield. We all pulled to the side of US 166 & all Mike could say was I WON DAD! A little butt chewin' later, we headed on towards town & Kenny said "I'm so proud of that kid, I knew that boy could build a fast car"! I thought that was a cool thing.

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote