Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 05:50 AM   #571
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good morning gang! No girls yet. I got the coffee on and I took the Bear Claws from the other day out of the freezer and got the warming in the oven. Nothing much going on today except Mistress Teresa will be here to me into shape. Something is goofy with my computer, I had to turn off the part of my anti virus that encrypts every thing coming in and going out to get an internet connection. If it doesn't fix itself I'll have to be on the phone for a couple hours. You're right rman, computers have a lot of quirks. I do keep my hands on the wheel but it senses anything but a tight grip it assumes you fell asleep or had heart and it starts beeping, ringing and pumping the brakes. Problem is if you grip the wheel like a strong man you are defeating the benefit of it steering itself. On winding roads it'll keep you centered in your lane while steering itself around gentle curves. It wouldn't run a NASCAR road course, they aren't perfect yet. Well, see y'all later and everybody have a great day!
Old 03-29-2019, 08:36 AM   #572
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Glad I got to the aged coffee.

Vetter, $50 ain't bad for synthetic oil. I pay closer to $90 to get the Grease Monkey to change with Mobile One. The Impala and Ram have software that tells you when the oil needs changing. For the Ram, it works out about 12 months. I change the Impala and Toy car about once/year because neither gets more than about 3000 miles in a year. Regular oil is good enough that you don't need to use synthetic, but I've been using Mobile one for years and no engine problems.

Sticks, pine straw, a bag of poison ivy and old landscape timbers are in the dump. The county runs all the tree, bush and other yard waste through a grinder and gives the mulch away. Someone will get poison ivy mulch.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #573
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Greener, I used to pay about $80 for Mobile 1 changes in the Corvette so $50 ain't bad but $30 was a steal including a car wash. I will try to stay close to the factory recommended interval while it's under warranty in case I need to use it. I haven't washed it since last August. It's "Gunmetal Metallic Grey" and doesn't show the dirt too much. I have bought a premium polish that is suppose to be like Rainex for painted surfaces. It's supposed to rinse of dirt with a hose even love bug splats. We get teem twice a year for about a month. If you don't wash them off they will etch the paint and need a buffing. I also bought some premium leather conditioner for the interior that has not been used yet. Wifey is going shopping now and I have to get ready for my Mistress Teresa. Later fellows.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #574
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Time for bed, see ya in the AM, have a great nights sleep!
Old 03-30-2019, 07:44 AM   #575
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Looks like everybody is sleeping in this morning. I'll have a coffee please Molly. Nothing exciting planned for today except the Xfinity race. Kyle Busch won the truck race last night and Jimmy Johnson won the pole for tomorrow's cup race followed by Elliot and Byron. Hendrick's took 1-2-3! Johnson's first pole in 95 races. Well, I'll see y'all later and have a great day!
Old 03-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #576
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Molly, coffee and some French toast please. Thanks.
It's chilly and raining here this morning. We were thinking about checking out yard sales today but not while it's raining.
I wound up working some overtime last week. Both of our night guys were out with flu. I was going in at 4am, doing my shift, taking a break, going back in at 7pm and working till 10:30. Thankfully, one of them is back to work now.
We record our hours with an online time sheet and our IT guys had to go and upgrade it. It's just like going from Win 7 to Win 10 all over again.
Enjoy the races Vetter. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 03-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #577
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good Morning. I finally got up in time enough for aged coffee.

I've used premium waxes and haven't see much difference. Will go through the car waxing after pollen season. Can't see working yellow pine pollen into the wax into the finish. Pam's white is old enough that it is starting to mildew. She also said that the AC wasn't cooling. It wasn't cooling last year and the AC guy said we had a leak he couldn't find. The recharge lasted the cooling season. If it needs major AC work I might have to write the biggest repair check, excluding wear out normal service, since I've had it.

NCAA basketball was interesting and I watched the close games. NC State's baseball team lost and now is 25-2.

The dogwood in the front yard is about to explode in blossoms, so spring must be here.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #578
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Thanks Calvin and Jake for getting us up and running!

Well, it's 3 PM EST here and the Coffee Shop is up and running. Probably thanks to Calvin and Jake, thanks! Race is about to start and happy hour is on me! Jimmy Johnson on the pole for the first time in 95 races!
Old 03-31-2019, 09:05 PM   #579
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Goodnight all, see you in the AM!
Old 04-01-2019, 05:56 AM   #580
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Happy April Fools Day

And the Biggest Fool Steps Forward not to be undone by anyone else.

Other than that, coffee is on.
Closed Thread