Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #61
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Hey dowop, thanks for stopping by! We've been a little more active lately and I sure like that! I'm ready for night pills and sure hope my buddies sleep well! Good night and may God Bless y'all!
Old 01-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #62
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Molly saw me coming and had my coffee and a plate of biscuits and gravy waiting for me. She's such a good kid, I have to remember to start leaving more then some pocket change as a tip.
It's cloudy and rainy here. After 9am, they say we have a 100% chance of rain straight through till tomorrow morning. Hopefully, we will avoid snow and ice but it's just north of us, if the wind changes anything could happen.
The Mrs hasn't been feeling well so I haven't gotten out and bought tires yet. She's real unsteady on her feet right now.
Have a great day folks.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #63
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Howdy folks. I'm slow getting started this morning. Plenty of coffee should do the trick. It was sunny when I got up this morning but it has clouded over. The weather dummies says the winter storm headed our way is moving faster than they thought so they extended the winter storm warning from 6pm this evening till 6am sunday. They're calling for 5-7 plus winds. We'll have plenty of supplies so there'll be no worries on our part.

panther, prayers for the wife.

Later.

Life is good.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #64
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Found some old bacon to go along with the coffee. There were some eggs stuck back on the counter so I'm ready. The ribs must have been put somewhere else, so no breakfast ribs.

I went on line and discovered that I'm not too late for renewal stickers for TWO cars. I opted for two year renewal and got out for only $320. The price of renewing vanity plates.

Checked online and used the magic search words with bing and came up with someone who had copied GM instructions for removing the socket. It had an if all else fails, use a dremel section. So, replacements are on the way. I'm sure a high percentage of life's problems can be handled by a dremel-type tool.

I haven't checked the weather masters to see if the weekend snow will be 0" or 12" and start tomorrow, Sunday or Monday. Watched two forecasts last night and got two different ones. Google says we will have snow showers tomorrow.

NC State women's BB is now the only undefeated D1 team.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #65
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Good morning everybody. Molly, I sure could use a tall mug of coffee, thanks! Glad the funnel cloud didn't get you dowop. I already stashed half a rack of ribs for later, thanks buddy, they were out of this world last time. Panther, I'm real sorry the Mrs. is not doing so well. She has to be careful not to fall. I sure hope they figure out what's causing it and fix her. She's in my night prayers every night as, "Thanks for taking care of my Early Riser buddies." Maybe I need to single her out as Mrs. Panther, I'll give it a try! Doesn't sound like a "MidNight" day Teddy, hope you are closer to 5 than 7". I'm happy to say I haven't seen snow in over 40 years and sure don't miss it! Thanks for the prayers for panther's wife, she has been having these troubles far too long. Good luck with the Colt! Greener, I stashed half a rack for later, I figured they wouldn't last long. When vanity plates first came around my Dad told me never get one because they're to easy to remember, guess it stuck because I never got one. I do You Tube like a how to reference book. Glad you figured it out, I would hate for you to have to fork over $56,000. for a new Caddy SUV for Pam. See y'all later MaMa made waffles with strawberrys and whipped cream.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #66
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Well, time to say good night and give best to you all. Good night to all, I have not forgotton Mrs panther, please everyone make her a part of your prayers, she needs our help! May Jesus and the Heavenly Father Bless us all!
Old 01-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #67
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. I put the coffee on and brought a box of donuts from Casey's. I think there's a couple cream filled in there.
It rained just about all day yesterday, it rained all night, and it's still raining this morning. I can't complain though, we are right at 36 degrees, just a few degrees cooler and we'd be up to our elbows in snow. The weather guys say it will rain all day, a chance of snow about 4-5pm, which is about the time the storm is over.
Thanks for the prayers for my wife. It's hard to get her in to see a Dr., everyone is booked. One clinic said they can see her Monday.
I'm at work, it is going to be a slow day. If you are in the path of this storm, be careful.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #68
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. coffee, donuts, extra hot sausage, 3-alarm cojack and some extra black pepper for the eggs. I'm hot and ready to go.

Hope Mrs. Panther is doing better.

32F outside, winter storm warning with predictions now for 5-8". I feel better that the roads were salted yesterday. I'm heading out for milk and fritters in a couple minutes. I do not want to miss the fritters. I've been advised by she who must be obeyed that I do not want to be locked in during a blizzard in a house with no fritters.

Vetter, I see the gov tossed your favorite high-sheriff.

I'll wait for the replacements to come in and the blizzard to get over before I take the dremel to the Impala. I've been thinking Pam needs a Nissan Altima with computer controlled AWD, applying just the right amount as I drive down my paved streets. Pam told me she couldn't think of anything she wanted more, if it was red and came with a good supply of apple fritters.

Time to crank up the toy car and head out into the streets that have been salted for the blizzard we might have in 6.5 hours.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:39 AM   #69
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Good morning gang! Molly, a coffee would sure start me on the good foot! Greener, the new Governor fired Broward Sheriff Scott Israel over the Parkland School Shootings My favorite is Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. He isn't afraid to say what he means. When a hoard of reporters were hammering him because the police shot a man who shot a Sheriff during a traffic stop 68 times he told them it was 68 because they ran outta ammo. Another time a farmer was working in his shop when he heard his Range Rover start up, he ran out onto the driveway and with the car heading for him put 6 shots into the windshield killed the female passenger and wounded the driver. He told them, don't try to take someones property here in Florida because you're likely to be shot. I haven't had a cream donut in probably 20 years, oh panther, that is so good! Hope they get the Mrs. on the right meds. MaMa's got my breakfast out, see you later.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #70
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good evening. I've been AWOL for a couple of days - it's good to be back home on the farm. Dang dowop! I had my mouth all set for ribs, but it looks like Vetter snarfed them all down.

We had a cold rain all morning yesterday, but it turned to snow about noon. It didn't snow real hard, but it snowed all afternoon and night. We have about 4" on the ground. Its was a wet snow and it looks like a Winter Wonderland out there. The trees are covered in snow. Today our adopted grandson came over with his ATV and bladed the gravel part of the driveway. His friend came along and shoveled off the concrete pad and sidewalk. I put the snow blower outside and planned to use it. The boys beat me to it. They refused to take any money. It was really nice of them. He also brought some scented candles over that he knew Sharon liked.

Panther I sure hope your wife gets to feeling better. It's pretty scary to be dizzy and unsure of your footing.

I watched the Chiefs win their first playoff game in about forever against the Colts this afternoon. Las Vegas favored the Chiefs, but the experts all picked the Colts. For a change, the Chief's defense stepped up and played a great game!

Better go - see y'all later - keep smilin'!