Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Handguns > Semi-Auto

Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
I finally got it back from SA this morning. The 30 days turned into over 3 months. Now I guess I'll have to drag my lazy butt out of my recliner and out to the range and try it out. Darn the bad luck.
Well yeah... we need a range report.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #12
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
I finally got it back from SA this morning. The 30 days turned into over 3 months. Now I guess I'll have to drag my lazy butt out of my recliner and out to the range and try it out. Darn the bad luck.
Sometimes life can be tough, Teddy.
So get off your butt and get to the range!

Will Rogers
kansas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

I looked up the specs and it sure is small!It's 1/2" shorter, 3/8" less top to bottom, 1/4" less fat and 21.5 compared to26.5 ozs. compared to my Glock G30-.45. The Glock gains a lot of weight with 11 or 13 rounds too. Should be a breeze to carry! Glad you finally got it back and hope it's a good shooter for you. I have seen some of your targets and don't post any of mine. Now that my secret is out everybody knows why I need 13 rounds in my .45! Recoil isn't too bad in mine but still about 50 rounds is all for me or my arthritic old wrist will hurt for a few days. We all expect a range report!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #14
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
So get off your butt and get to the range!
Todays the day.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #15
greener
Extraordinary Member

Tthe things you are fforced to do. My son just forced mebto go into his basement for an air gun match, when I could have been assembling Leggos ith my grandson.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Tthe things you are fforced to do. My son just forced mebto go into his basement for an air gun match, when I could have been assembling Leggos ith my grandson.
Kick your sons butt in the match, then go play with the those Leggos and the grandson.

Will Rogers
Old 12-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

First of all, allow me to apologize for not posting target photos, but I left them on the table at the range, and felt that the 35 mile round trip back to the range to get them was a waste of time and gas. Im sure ya'll can understand that.

First of all, let me say that I shot only my reloads, (200 rds at 5, 7, and 15yards) ranging from 185 grn bullets to 230 grn bullets (both cast and jacketed) at velocities from 750-850 fps. The XDs handled all with no ftf or fte problems. Felt recoil on the little pistol is somewhat softer that a 1911, and therefore is not a problem so far to my arthritic hands.

I changed out the back straps for a couple of strings of fire, and found the arched back strap fit my hand better than the flat one.

The sights are easy to pickup, and currently has the red fiber optic front sight installed. Those are excellent for daylight, but seem to fade in low light. The pistol came with a spare red and green optic sight inserts, so in the near future, I will change out the front sight to the green optic insert, and see how it does in a low light situation. The rear sight is a 2 white dot set up, and it also is easy to see and pickup. I plan on night sights when I save enough lunch money.

As to the recall repairs. First of all I find that the mag release is a lot smoother than it was before. It wasn't part of the recall I don't believe, so it may have been the tech that worked on it type of thing. The trigger pull is greatly improved. The take up is shorter, and the release is more crisp that it was before the repairs. No creep in this one. I don't know yet what the trigger poundage is cause I don't have a trigger pull gage. Lastly, the grip safety spring is somewhat stronger than before the repairs, but the grip safety is easier to operate. That doesn't make much since to me, but that what I found.

All in all, the little pistol is a pleasure to shoot and is going to be my weapon of choice for my concealed carry when that time comes.

And yes, I would recommend the Springfield Armory XDs 45 to all my friends.

I hope I didn't bore ya'll too much.

That is all.

Oh yeah, life is good.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Good report Teddybear,glad you're happy with it. Sure should be a breeze to carry. I'm not much for pocket carry but that little bugger would probably fit easy in those giant bib front pockets!
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
kansas45

Thanks for that range report Teddy. I guess your gonna keep this one.

Will Rogers
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
rman
Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the range report Teddybear. We don't need no stinking pictures - we all know how you shoot! I'm glad you like it. Now if you can just get that CCW you'll be set.