Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recommendations > Things you would Recommend for others.

Things you would Recommend for others. Things you have tried, and would recommend to others.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Amber
Closed Per Her Request

Default Anyone using Eezox?

I have hear dits a fairly good cleaner and an extremly good lubricant and protectant. Calvin, Sir, u wote the other day that you use a dry lube for ur magazines, Is it Eezoxx? Anyone who's ever used it pleasde give me a little feed back on it. Also if anyone sever used Weapon shield, tell me how good a cleaner, lubricant and protectant it is. I wrotye to the guy who invented and asked hom in detail. he said weapon shield removes copper, carbon and lead. he seems like a very stand up sorta guy and i do take his word for that but i'd alos like to know what my wise and experienced family of ERCS thinksof these two products.
Thamnks guys,

Hugz everyone.
Amber
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Amber, I've used lots of different things through the years, and Eezox is the best thing I've found. Its all I use on my Weapons, Locks and just about anything you want a dry lubricant on to lubricate and keep from rusting, and don't want oil to get on you. A good test for anyone is to get a few uncoated nails at the hardware store and spray one with Eezox and the others with any lubricant of your choice,mark them for identification, and put them in water with salt added to it. Let them stay a few days and see what happens. I think White Dog uses it, maybe he'll report on it.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex

I use eezox now, I tried my own test on my metal top of my jigsaw table, front half with eezox, back half with WD40. Guess what? No rust on the eezox half. If I think about it tomorrow I'll post a picture of it. I have to take one first.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

That was a good test Tony. Would like to see the pictures. White Dog uses it for several different things other than just guns. I've found it works better than anything else I've tried on padlocks on farm gates that are out it the weather all the time. They lock and unlock easily and don't rust.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
CHRIS

Unhapilly Eesox isn't available in Brazil,but i use Corrosion X,maybe is similar!
I use Hoppe's # 9 too .
CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex

Here are 2 pictures of eezox results. I just mentioned my jigsaw yesterday but I also tried it on my cylindrycal sander also. I did this about a month ago. I took the pictures today.

It was the back of the jigsaw, not the front, the front is WD40.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Tony, thanks for the Pictures. I think if more people knew how well it works, they would try it. If Eezox would give a free sample for people to try, they could sell a bunch of it.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Amber
Closed Per Her Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
Tony, thanks for the Pictures. I think if more people knew how well it works, they would try it. If Eezox would give a free sample for people to try, they could sell a bunch of it.
Ok...So eezoxx is good. But since its a dry lube...how would i know when i need to lube my gun again since it wud be dry and i wowulnt know if it still needs more lube or not?

2. Does it attract dirt and stuff when its dry?

3. Does it clean lead away easily?

4. How long is the lube good for.. as a lube and a sa protectant?

Thansk for th efeedback.

I have one more question but only those who have used both the products that i am gonan anme.can answer.

IS M pro 7 as good a carbon solvemt and degreaser as Hoppes elite guun cleaner?

I am asking so mnay questions cuz i am runnin low on gun cleaning supplies and have to order some more. So i am deciding what to get.

Also anyone ever tried bore tech eliminatoer? IS it godo to remove lead as well as carbon?

One lasy question.
Someone said weapon shield is so good that it cleans lead very easily infact so easily that u dont even need a bronze bush with that. Just give it a godo coat of weapon shield and dwell time and it'll just patch out easily. IS it teur.

Sorry i am asking too many questioons at the same time.

Thanks everone.

Regards,

Amber.
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 AM   #9
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Ok...So eezoxx is good. But since its a dry lube...how would i know when i need to lube my gun again since it wud be dry and i wowulnt know if it still needs more lube or not?

2. Does it attract dirt and stuff when its dry?

3. Does it clean lead away easily?

4. How long is the lube good for.. as a lube and a sa protectant?

Thansk for th efeedback.

I have one more question but only those who have used both the products that i am gonan anme.can answer.

IS M pro 7 as good a carbon solvemt and degreaser as Hoppes elite guun cleaner?

I am asking so mnay questions cuz i am runnin low on gun cleaning supplies and have to order some more. So i am deciding what to get.

Also anyone ever tried bore tech eliminatoer? IS it godo to remove lead as well as carbon?

One lasy question.
Someone said weapon shield is so good that it cleans lead very easily infact so easily that u dont even need a bronze bush with that. Just give it a godo coat of weapon shield and dwell time and it'll just patch out easily. IS it teur.

Sorry i am asking too many questioons at the same time.

Thanks everone.

Regards,

Amber.
Amber, the only way I can answer your question is just give my experience with gun care. Through the years I have used a large number of different gun cleaners and lubricants. They most all work to some extent. When Dry Lubricants became available, I realize that something dry isn't going to attract the dirt and grime that oil will. I researched all that was available on the Internet and decided to try Eezox. It does a great job for me, and its practically all I use. I use it inside my barrels and don't have a problem with leading or copper fouling. If I notice any fouling that the Eezox don't take care of, I use Sweets or Barnes CR-10 on it. Before I clean any of my guns, I blow them out with compressed air. The guns that I keep stored in a safe and don't shoot a lot, I clean and lubricate (which is just apply Eezox, let it dry for about an hour, and then wipe off any excess) every 6 Months. The Guns that I shoot a lot and use a lot, (like my concealed carry weapon that I carry every day and practice with a lot) I do once a month. I run a Bore Snake through the Barrels of all my guns after I shoot them. This method of gun care has worked great for me for over 4 years now. I have some new guns that haven't had anything but Eezox used on them, and they still look brand new. I couldn't ask for anything to work any better for my personal needs. It is also great for Locks that are out in the weather. Hinges exposed to weather. Anything that needs to be protected from rust and lubricated.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #10
Dr. Dave
Extraordinary Member

Here's a test on lubricants I found, seems pretty well done.
http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html