Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default Our Law Enforcement Roundup for Oct 16th

I can't believe they actually report this stuff

October 16, 2018 at 5:00 am

A parent called Kalispell Police when their 9-year-old child refused to get out of bed for school.

Someone reported watching a teenaged boy scrape a parked vehicle with his car and drive off before parking and going into the mall.

A man called the police on his wife for reportedly being drunk and ?dramatic.?

A gas station employee reported a "young kid" for stealing two lighters and running off. The employee said they believed the store had video surveillance of the alleged theft.

An intoxicated man wearing camouflage was reportedly seen napping in the middle of the road with a bag of groceries.

Someone failed to obey basic traffic rules and ran over a stop sign, knocking it over and to the side of the road.

Someone reported witnessing a driver run a red light and crash into a light pole. The driver reported then attempted to drive off but had to pull over at a bank due to damage.

A man went down to the police station to inquire about dog laws in the city after someone's dog allegedly jumped up on him at the park. When the man kicked the dog, its owner allegedly claimed they planned to report him to the police.

A fight between a man and woman ended with the woman hitting the man in the head with a crutch before leaving the home to go sit in her car in the driveway.

According to a Flathead County Sheriff's report, a man said the driver of a gray van with "Jesus stickers" all over offered him a ride while he was walking to a friend's house. The man stated he felt the stickers were a cover for child trafficking and that the driver was attempting to pick up children. The man did not take the ride.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
Vetter
Banned

Question

How do they find time for coffee and donuts?
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #3
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Old 10-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
greener
Extraordinary Member

My son answers calls from parents who want him to make their children do something or discipline them.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
My son answers calls from parents who want him to make their children do something or discipline them.
Yeah, I've known parents who tell their children that if they don't behave, they'll call the police and have them thrown in jail. It's no wonder a lot of young people don't like police. Anyway, it sounds like some serious crime going on in your neighborhood J_B!
Old 10-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #6
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Yeah, I've known parents who tell their children that if they don't behave, they'll call the police and have them thrown in jail. It's no wonder a lot of young people don't like police. Anyway, it sounds like some serious crime going on in your neighborhood J_B!
Threatening with the cops sometimes has advantages.

My BIL had a real problem with drinking and driving. My FIL was spending lot's of bucks to bail him out. He finally asked me what I'd do. I told him that his son was 28, well past the line for being an adult, he should start paying for and living up to is own problems. I said if any of my children got caught driving and drinking, I'd let the stay in the jail overnight to think about it. My eldest three were in the room. A few years later I heard my son say that he wouldn't drink and drive because "my dad would leave me in jail."
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #7
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Sometimes you need a lesson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
I said if any of my children got caught driving and drinking, I'd let the stay in the jail overnight to think about it. My eldest three were in the room. A few years later I heard my son say that he wouldn't drink and drive because "my dad would leave me in jail."
Greener, I had turned 14, just 3 days before my first and only arrest. Got arrested for drunken disorderly. I spent the night in a cell because when the Police called my Dad in the middle of the night and they would release me to return to the courthouse the next day for a hearing. My Dad said, "you won't just release him?" He said the hearing would be about 9 or 10 AM the next day. My Dad said like you said and I spent the night. I joke if someone asks me if I had ever been arrested, I tell them 18 long and hard, hours. I decided when those bars closed I would do my best never to do anything to get me arrested again. So far so good.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote