Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recommendations > Things you would Recommend for others.

Things you would Recommend for others. Things you have tried, and would recommend to others.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up Waffle House...

Never been in one until yesterday. My Mom loves their pecan topped waffles so I stopped for a late breakfast. Franne met us there. The staff was very friendly. A young lady hurried to open the door for me and Mom and take us to where Franne was. Promptly brought us all an ice tea that was maybe the best I ever had. Mom loved her waffle, Franne had chile and said it was good and my 1/4 lb, real meat cheeseburger was also very good. Ice tea refils and even a free 16 oz ice tea to go for us all. Bill was $13.58 and the Mickey D's next store will never see my face again.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Never been in one until yesterday. My Mom loves their pecan topped waffles so I stopped for a late breakfast. Franne met us there. The staff was very friendly. A young lady hurried to open the door for me and Mom and take us to where Franne was. Promptly brought us all an ice tea that was maybe the best I ever had. Mom loved her waffle, Franne had chile and said it was good and my 1/4 lb, real meat cheeseburger was also very good. Ice tea refils and even a free 16 oz ice tea to go for us all. Bill was $13.58 and the Mickey D's next store will never see my face again.
That sounds like a bargain. That's about what it Costs Sharon and I for Breakfast every Saturday Morning, at our Local Cafe. We do get a Good Breakfast with all the Coffee we can drink. Good Service.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

They are usually pretty good. We don't have one in Topeka, but I've eaten in one in Manhattan and Denver.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
J_B
Extraordinary Member

When I drove OTR, I used to look for the Waffle House's and hoped that I could park close enough with my big semi and loaded wagon. It's been a long time since I/we have been at one as there are none here in Montana.... 1994 was our last visit to one.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Buckshot

They are posted no concealed carry in Ohio, so CCW holders do not patronize them.

Some have good food, some push greasy garbage, it all depends on the cook.

They DO NOT make out a ticket for the cook, the waitress calls it off and he calls it back and that is it.

Lots of them on the freeway dilute the coffee till you can't tell what it is to save some money also.

Buckshot
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Well maybe that is why they aren't here in Montana, because they can not bar us from conceal carry into a business, unless it is a restaurant with a bar, bar, bank, Fed, State or County owned/leased building. And here in Montana, concealed means concealed... it is my business and not that of the owner of any business no matter who they are.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #7
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

No Waffle House's here. To bad, because I like them better than Ihop.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Buckshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
Well maybe that is why they aren't here in Montana, because they can not bar us from conceal carry into a business, unless it is a restaurant with a bar, bar, bank, Fed, State or County owned/leased building. And here in Montana, concealed means concealed... it is my business and not that of the owner of any business no matter who they are.
JB,

We don't like that part of Ohio's CCW Rules, but there is really no way to fight it, as it always comes back to the rights of the property owner, leasee or renter.

Take that away and you have started down a steep and slippery slope.

Some say it should ONLY apply to truly private property, not that open to public access such as a commercial establishment, but you are still somewhere on that same slippery slope.

Buckshot
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote