Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 03-07-2024, 09:53 AM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default Five Guys' price increase sparks outrage

I noticed once when in Five Guys' how much they were charging for a medium size mild shake $4.99, so I never ordered one... but the burger and fries prices were not this bad... YET. Now in today's news we get hit with this... personally I got better places to go, at a lower price point closer to home.

The receipt shows that a bacon cheeseburger was sold for $12.49, along with a regular soda priced at $2.89. A small portion of fries was also added on - for a whopping $5.19. The order total came to $21.91 with tax, and the buyer added a $2.19 tip ? bringing the grand total to a pricey $24.10.

Five Guys' prices sparks outrage after $24 receipt goes viral: 'Highway robbery'

Now locally close to the house is Cislos Restaurant

Cislos Double Bacon Cheeseburger with one side ie fries is $12.95
Colossal Supreme Burger with fries is $14.95 add iced tea is $2.95

Both of these burgers are larger than Five Guys' hands down.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:12 AM   #2
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
I noticed once when in Five Guys' how much they were charging for a medium size mild shake $4.99, so I never ordered one... but the burger and fries prices were not this bad... YET. Now in today's news we get hit with this... personally I got better places to go, at a lower price point closer to home.

The receipt shows that a bacon cheeseburger was sold for $12.49, along with a regular soda priced at $2.89. A small portion of fries was also added on ? for a whopping $5.19. The order total came to $21.91 with tax, and the buyer added a $2.19 tip ? bringing the grand total to a pricey $24.10.

Five Guys' prices sparks outrage after $24 receipt goes viral: 'Highway robbery'
10% tip is cheap.

Sounds like the going rate for a "fancy" burger joint. My lunch with my buddy from work was 2 pulled pork sandwiches with 2 sides and 2 iced tea. After tip it was aboutg $40. It was about the same for Pam and I at the Toy Car Club meeting in Feb.

If I think it is too much I don't eat there or eat there often.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:25 AM   #3
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Yeah but I'm not tipping when they don't give table service... you order at the counter/grill area, and when your order is up they call your number to come get your order. Getting the iced tea requires taking the empty cup they give you to take to the machine and fill on your own.

So no tip required.

I did a post edit adding a local restaurant where we go sometimes, put two of their much larger hamburgers from their menu items.. the burgers also come with fries, no extra charge.. iced tea is seperate. But they bring everything ordered to you, refil when they see your glass is empty with whatever drink you ordered. We tip appropriately at 20%