Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #81
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy gang! Mug of hot java please Molly. Nice out this morning. Going to get rain, wind and generally stormy conditions this afternoon. OK with me, I'm tired today. Don't know why, I slept till 9:30 and still tired. Guess I needed it. The recliner is calling me, guess I'll see what it wants. Everybody have a great Saturday!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #82
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. Been up and messing around for a while. Raining too much to make going out attractive.

Spent my first two days of semi-retirement messing around. Joined the Y because Pam said I orta, or else. First time in 20 years that I've pushed on anything that looks like weights. Muscles are a bit sore.

Maybe it's time to head out to the garage to do some reloading. It may be dry enough tomorrow to do some shooting.

Y'all have a great day. I'll spend a good part of my day holding down the recliner.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #83
kansas45

That is good advice about not playing poker with Molly, panther.
Its a beautiful winter day and the Old Broad is tired of me pestering her today, so I think I will head out to the farm for some target practice.

Will Rogers
Old 01-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #84
glockensig

One daughter leaves for college today...I am taking the other to the bookstore for her school books. So...no range time for me today even though it is 45 degrees out. And the cost of school books is often the price of a new gun...ugh. Coffee for me please until the adult beverages come out.
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #85
rman
Extraordinary Member

Nice day here today - 45 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow will be 55, but probably won't get to the range because my littlest grandson will be up for the day. Oh well, Spring will be here sometime.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #86
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
That is good advice about not playing poker with Molly, panther.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
Coffee for me please until the adult beverages come out.
Kansas, I never got into gambling. Went to Alantic City and seen poker took about 40 seconds an hand and I sure wasn't making enough per hour to cover that kind of loss!

glockensig, You need a few adult beverages and they're on me buddy, enjoy. We never had any children and reading what college costs I'm pretty sure I'm glad! Nice easy day today, I have NASCAR Preseason thunder to watch later. We always go to Daytona for it but with all the painter problems I forgot about it. It's also a couple weeks early this year. It's a fun deal, testing and you have acess to the garages and drivers, a real close up experiance. Anyways, supper is about ready, grilled cheese and tomato soup with an extra grilled cheese to add bacon to for breakfast! Mmmmm!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #87
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Coffee is on and a box of Danish for y'all. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #88
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good sunday morning gang. Sorry I have been AWOL the past week. A dear old friend passed away suddenly last Friday.. He lived 1 1/2 hours away, and the funeral was Monday. Went up there sunday evening, then the snow storm hit. Finally made it home Thursday afternoon and got to clean things up around home. Its been a hectic week. I don't need any more of those for a while.

Vetter thanks for the coffee and Danish.

Life is good.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #89
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning folks. Thanks for the coffee Vetter. Molly, the cook and I ate most of the danish, but they have the breakfast bar stocked up now.
We had a nice day here yesterday. I stopped by a gun shop. They had some 22 ammo, not alot, but at least they had some. They told me that Ruger prices had gone up as of the first of the year. They said most makers were raising their prices. They had quite a crowd in there. The prices didn't seem to scare people away. One elderly lady came in with a Webley revolver wrapped in a towel. It was a .455 caliber and in excellent condition. She was talking trade but they couldn't come up with a deal.
I hope all of you have a great Sunday.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #90
glockensig

Teddybear - sorry to hear of your loss! When friends go, you always wish you would've had more time. Cuppa joe for me and then off to church...feels like a month since last Sunday - we have had below 0 temps, snow, freezing rain, temps in the forties, rain, high winds. We had all the seasons this last week EXCEPT for a hot summer day!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Closed Thread