Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:24 AM   #1891
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Nice, sunny and only going to 80 or so. Elvis is in the guard mount. It's interesting that the sleeping, lazy hound is aware of every move I make and will react accordingly.

rman, doesn't sound like great news from the docs, but it does sound like the glass is more than half full.

Amway is an active $8.4 billion private company owned by the de Vos family from the Grand Rapids area in Michigan. Betsy Prince de Vos, Trump's Education Secretary married into the de Vos family. Her father started as an auto parts seller and made billions as an auto supplier. Her brother, Eric Prince, started the Blackwater group. Her summer cottage is pretty nice https://www.businessinsider.com/bets...-review-2018-8. All from selling spark plugs and soap. About 50 miles south we had the Upjohn Company a $5billion pharmaceutical company now owned by Pfizer (were there Covid Vax is made).

Sheetz is dropping gas prices to $3.99 through July 4. Ever thought you would be glad to see $4 gas?

I found the 2018 Tony Danza "The Good Cop". Enjoyable. Pam really likes it and reminds me that I napped for two episodes. I was also doing my dead folks audit, a great way to cure insomnia.

From the going to hell in a handbasket file: 50 illegals died from heat caused by being locked in a trailer, 2 young men were arrested for having 150k fentanyl pills and immediately released due to "guidelines", usual killings in Chicago. Smart people say that the Supreme Court gun ruling will turn NYC into Dodge City. I'm pretty sure I'd rather live in Dodge City. It's getting the the point I hardly recognize the country I live in.

I have several 2.5x cheaters. The frame on the best one just decided to break. I have no idea where I got that pair. They will be easy to recognize as they will be the ones with a big ball of glue on the frame.

Just in time to help the Iranian Terrorist (aka Dr. Farsheed Soltanian, DDS) out the his purchase of a new Tundra Pam needs 4 teeth removed for the new front bridge. She is trying to find a "convenient" time to run around with a toothless gap. She failed to see the humor in either tell them you played hockey or the new toothless old granny look is in.

Y'all have a great day
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #1892
rman
Extraordinary Member

Sprayed the golden tortoise beetles this morning. I'm not sure if it killed them or not yet, but they didn't like it much. When they fly, they buzz like bees. There was a whole lotta buzzin goin on. I'd hate to lose these bushes. They are not native to the Midwest and barely make it through the winter each year. They are a southern species. The first time I ever saw them was on a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas. They are in peoples' lawns, city parks, used as landscaping around business buildings, etc.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:27 PM   #1893
dowop

You continue to be in my prayers rman.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:33 PM   #1894
Vetter
Banned

How about an iced tea Molly, thanks. It's nice here today too, it's 93 now but the humidity isn't high, "feels like" is only 96. It's deserted around here now, all the snow bird's are gone. Franne said the Supermarket was empty yesterday. Maybe the shelves will be better stocked. I had DTV about 5 years at the Lake House, I moved here & they wanted me to sign on as a new customer or they would charge me $100 for installation. I refused & went with Xfinity. When I bought this place & moved about 1/4 mile they wanted to charge me installation. After arguing with them I told them if they want to charge me I wanted all the discounts they offer new customers. I'm curious to see if they will jack up my price, we moved into this late June a year ago. We pay $183. for TV, internet & 2 smarty pants phones.
Greener, we don't have any Sheetz here, $3.99 is a real bargain!
"It's getting the the point I hardly recognize the country I live in."
I like "played hockey" better than "the new toothless old granny look is in."
I hope the golden tortoise beetles leave your crepe myrtle bushes alone. rman!
Dowop, I bet rman is getting a lot of prayers. It gives all the folks both him & Sharon have helped a chance to do something good for them. He can use all the prayers we all have to offer.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:24 PM   #1895
rman
Extraordinary Member

Thanks for the prayers guys. I can use them!
Old 06-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #1896
rman
Extraordinary Member

Forgot to mention. The AAA clinic called and advised I have an appointment at the pulmonary clinic tomorrow morning at 10:15. I'm supposed to undergo a series of lung function tests. Good grief! I've had so many appointments lately in so many different places it's hard to keep track. Then the dog groomer called and re-scheduled Ruger's appointment from July 1st to July 7th. Geez - I need a secretary.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:07 PM   #1897
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Forgot to mention. The AAA clinic called and advised I have an appointment at the pulmonary clinic tomorrow morning at 10:15. I'm supposed to undergo a series of lung function tests. Good grief! I've had so many appointments lately in so many different places it's hard to keep track. Then the dog groomer called and re-scheduled Ruger's appointment from July 1st to July 7th. Geez - I need a secretary.
They're taking good care of you my friend! Not sure Medicare will cover a secretary!
A guy was upset with the price of a pack of cigarettes, he walked out the door, turned & fired 5 rounds through the door. He's in custody, police recognized him from the surveillance footage. He is already a convicted felon, looked to be maybe late 20's & FYI he was black. BAD GUN
No snack tonight, sugar is playing tricks on me. Maybe I'll just hit the hay.
Goodnight & God please bless us all.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:54 AM   #1898
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Good morning gang, good morning Molly! Coffee please & thanks.
Good luck with the pulmonary clinic tests. They test you for everything insurance pays for, pain in the butt, any info they can gather can help them come up with a good plan. Hope all goes well.
Nothing exciting here today, boring is a good thing!
I think this is Panther's last work day. tomorrow he turns his uniforms, ID etc. in & says goodbye!
OK gang, later...
Old 06-29-2022, 07:14 AM   #1899
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's sunny with no wind and low humidity today. The high is supposed to be 90 - pretty normal for this time of year. We are getting ready for the appointment at the pulmonary center this morning. I'll be glad when all the consultations and tests are over, and they decide what they are going to do. I'm not good at waiting. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:44 AM   #1900
panther
Extraordinary Member

Good morning all. Molly, coffee and some eggs and bacon please. Thanks.
I decided to take one more vacation day today. I have to go in tomorrow, turn in all my stuff, at 10am they are having cake at the shop for all of the retirees from the different departments.
Our sunflower opened up yesterday. I think I mentioned before, this is the 3rd sunflower we've had, all from dropped seed from a bird feeder. In the past, when I've bought seed and planted them to try to grow them, nothing came up.
Good luck with the Dr today Rman.
Be good.