Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:27 AM   #1
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up XFL said NO to Kaepernick...

According to XFL commissioner Oliver Luck, the two sides met to discuss a deal to get Kaepernick playing in the league, however his salary demands were way too high.
Yet when the XFL was founded, it was done so with a promise that no player will kneel during the national anthem, the thing that Kaepernick was blackballed from the NFL for doing.

Players will stand and respect the flag, Luck said on the Bloomberg Business of Sports podcast, via the Washington Post, adding that "there'll be consequences" for players who don't.

Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since the 2016 season, when he started kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial injustices in the United States. He participated in a workout for NFL teams in November, though it didn't go as planned, and commissioner Roger Goodell said soon after that "we've moved on." At this point, a return to the league anytime soon looks unlikely.

The decision not to have Kaepernick in the XFL could very well be strictly monetary. The XFL folding early due to financial error would be a major embarrassment, to say the least, and it knows that.

But given Luck's comments about players protesting in the league, it's hard to believe that is the case.

Go to the unemployment office to be properly humiliated!

Last edited by Vetter; 02-13-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

It seems the only people in this country that like him are the Nike execs. That's why I would never buy any product by Nike, nor would I buy them for Grandkids, etc. I don't think the XFL really snubbed him for his beliefs(?). That could get them sued, but they sure have the right to refuse to pay the jerk what he thinks he is worth.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
glockensig

XFL players make $55,000 a year. Then the team's players split $100,000 for each win. So if a team goes undefeated, all the players split 1 million dollars. The Kneeler wanted like 22 million per year. I don't think he ever really wants to play... He just wants to be in the limelight.....
If he really wanted to play....he would be playing!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockensig View Post
XFL players make $55,000 a year. Then the team's players split $100,000 for each win. So if a team goes undefeated, all the players split 1 million dollars. The Kneeler wanted like 22 million per year. I don't think he ever really wants to play... He just wants to be in the limelight.....
Old 02-13-2020, 11:31 PM   #5
Vetter
Banned

Question

Quote:
Thank's for the post glockensig, I had not seen the salary structure. I guess you gotta start somewhere but that doesn't sound like enough money to get the crap beat outta you. I agree, he's in it for the Nike money.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
I don't think he ever really wants to play... He just wants to be in the limelight.....
Yup, and he wasn't that good anyway. He fell into a Super Bowl quality team and probably any quarterback would have looked pretty good. Elvis Grbac was terrible when he played for the Chiefs. They let him go and the next year he won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens. I rest my case!
Old 02-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #7
greener
Extraordinary Member

Kaepernic is doing pretty well financially NOT playing football. It's very likely he doesn't really want to play.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #8
glockensig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Thank's for the post glockensig, I had not seen the salary structure. I guess you gotta start somewhere but that doesn't sound like enough money to get the crap beat outta you. I agree, he's in it for the Nike money.
But....they are getting paid to play! And, most importantly to them I think, they are auditioning for the NFL.
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
glockensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #9
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
But....they are getting paid to play! And, most importantly to them I think, they are auditioning for the NFL.
And some of them just love football.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:59 PM   #10
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
And some of them just love football.
No doubt! But it's still a big job for little money! The Arena League lasted pretty long and it wasn't as good as the XFL. I wish them success, Kaepernic not so much.