Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Default Just how does this happen?

Michigan Hunter Orange Requirement. All firearm hunters in Michigan are REQUIRED to wear an outer garment of hunter orange color that is visible from all sides, when they are hunting on ANY land during daylight hours. An example of an acceptable garment is a hat, cap, vest, jacket, rainwear, or other outer garment.

How does this happen?

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Hu...500694401.html

Hunting fatality on opening day

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (WILX) -- A hunter fatality has been reported in Michigan.

The DNR has reported that Justin Beutel, 38 of Sanford, was shot on Opening Day in Antrim County.

They say it occurred at 1 p.m. near the intersection of West Elder Rd. and Northeast Torch Lake Drive, about 20 miles northeast of Traverse City.

When EMS responded they found Beutel unresponsive.

"Preliminary investigation reveals that Mr. Beutel was deer hunting on private property and was apparently shot by another subject hunting nearby," said Lt. James Gorno, a district law supervisor with the DNR.

The suspect is a 45-year-old man from Gaylord. They say they were not hunting together and do not know each other.

Another one in

http://www.fox8live.com/2018/11/10/m...oLhdY34Lyly37o

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - A Pearl River man was arrested in connection with a North Shore hunting accident that left 23-year-old Zachary Swanson dead Saturday morning (Nov. 10), according to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff?s office

Donald Jones, 22, and Zachary Swanson were hunting hogs in the Peach Lake area of the Honey Island Swamp around 8 a.m. Saturday, STPSO said in a news release. Jones told investigators he shot in the direction of a hog, but hit Swanson in the chest instead.

According to STPSO, Jones said Swanson was not wearing an orange hunter?s vest and he did not know where Swanson was when he shot at the hog.

Jones called 911 after realizing his friend was hurt, and rendered aid and performed CPR on Swanson while waiting for emergency responders to arrive, STPSO said. However, the area the two men were hunting is only accessible by boat and it took "longer than normal," for help to reach them.

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries officers were the first to arrive at the scene around 9:30 a.m., according to the news release, but Swanson succumbed to his injuries.

Jones was arrested on one charge of negligent homicide, STPSO said. He was booked into the St. Tammany Parish jail Saturday night (Nov. 10).

According to the sheriff's office, Jones may face additional violations from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries after their investigation is complete. An autopsy will be performed Tuesday, the sheriff's office said.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Not aware of your background and shooting at sounds come to mind. Sad anyway they happened.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Not aware of your background and shooting at sounds come to mind. Sad anyway they happened.
Oh mine? LEO... I'm just amazed at the lack of common sense while hunting, and wearing the required hunter orange for high visibility.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
Oh mine? LEO... I'm just amazed at the lack of common sense while hunting, and wearing the required hunter orange for high visibility.
Me too J_B. The last hunting fatality here was a turkey hunter. Granted he was wearing camoflage, but I think it's hard to mistaken a full-grown man for a turkey.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
greener
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Me too J_B. The last hunting fatality here was a turkey hunter. Granted he was wearing camoflage, but I think it's hard to mistaken a full-grown man for a turkey.
Not if you are shooting at movement or sound.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
Which all goes back to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_B View Post
I'm just amazed at the lack of common sense while hunting.
If you were born after 1967, Kansas requires everyone to have completed an approved hunter safety course before they can be issued a hunting license. Evidently some of these folks weren't very good students.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

I like Supermarket Turkey hunting. It's easy, much less expensive and highly unlikely to be shot.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
J_B
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener View Post
#1 rule of shooting and hunting, is to know your target and beyond.