Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Firearms > Long Guns > Air Guns

Air Guns This is a place to Discuss your Air Rifles and Pistols.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Chortdraw
Extraordinary Member

Thumbs up Yard sale buy

They had a yard sale a block down from us and found a Crosman 1377 pistol ,like they sell at WalMart for 54 dollars, and got it for 22 bucks. Still in the box with everything. Also a box of pellets. He said it was to hard to pump up for him and he only shot it a few times. Well I have been busy working on this thing and made some 3 dot sights so I can reverse them and have either white or a pink shade. Got rid of the peep sight, I couldn't use it at all. After some playing with different pellets and a little tuning, at 7 yds it shoots 1/4 inch holes you can cover with the center of a dime with room to spare. Trigger and spring needed some work but worked very nice compared to the original. Took off some unwanted casting lines and burr's and all is well. Think I am going to enjoy playing and changing this little gun.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
Glenn
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortdraw View Post
They had a yard sale a block down from us and found a Crosman 1377 pistol ,like they sell at WalMart for 54 dollars, and got it for 22 bucks. Still in the box with everything. Also a box of pellets. He said it was to hard to pump up for him and he only shot it a few times. Well I have been busy working on this thing and made some 3 dot sights so I can reverse them and have either white or a pink shade. Got rid of the peep sight, I couldn't use it at all. After some playing with different pellets and a little tuning, at 7 yds it shoots 1/4 inch holes you can cover with the center of a dime with room to spare. Trigger and spring needed some work but worked very nice compared to the original. Took off some unwanted casting lines and burr's and all is well. Think I am going to enjoy playing and changing this little gun.
Careful Chort, anything I've ever heard about those things, you'll shoot yer eye out

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not
Thomas Jefferson

Guns have only two enemies, Rust and LIBERALS
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Chortdraw
Extraordinary Member

Glen, I believe that was only with a Daisy Red Rider All others are safe!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Bozack
Extraordinary Member

Don't you beliave it. My Crossman 760 used to ricochet back at me.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

You know its odd, but my Springer Pellet Rifle is my Favorite among all my Rifles. Sparrows were trying to build in my Martin Boxes at the Ranch, and they didn't have a chance. Martins would be setting on the Box when I'd shoot a Sparrow, and just watch it fall, and wouldn't fly. Think they enjoyed it. I'd love to have a Good .22 cal Springer with a Trigger like my .17.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

I've had one of those for years and it's very accurate too.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
greener
Extraordinary Member

Nice. Looks like you got more than the entertainment value of trying to fix it out of the deal.

My mother thought I'd shoot my eye out, so I never had one. Glad she was OK with the Winchester Model 69.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
Chortdraw
Extraordinary Member

I have been having a ball with this new gun. I took out the trigger and sear and polished the parts that needed it. The only thing I have to do is make or add something to the fore stock so it does not pinch my fingers when I cock the gun. When you do your job this thing is extremely accurate.
Just had the blue light treatment for skin cancer on my face. It was very painful and has been 9 days to get the pealing of all the skin from my face. So far it looks like I have a new face......same old ugliness but with a new skin. I had a lot of cells in my skin that I didn't even see but they showed up from the treatment. Makes my realize how bad a burn victim must go through to heal. Had 17 minutes of excruciating pain. Like having a hot hair dryer held about 3 inches from your face for 17 minutes. It was almost more than I could stand!!!! Pain depends on how much damage you have and how much acid they have to use. Not for the faint of heart.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortdraw View Post
I have been having a ball with this new gun. I took out the trigger and sear and polished the parts that needed it. The only thing I have to do is make or add something to the fore stock so it does not pinch my fingers when I cock the gun. When you do your job this thing is extremely accurate.
Just had the blue light treatment for skin cancer on my face. It was very painful and has been 9 days to get the pealing of all the skin from my face. So far it looks like I have a new face......same old ugliness but with a new skin. I had a lot of cells in my skin that I didn't even see but they showed up from the treatment. Makes my realize how bad a burn victim must go through to heal. Had 17 minutes of excruciating pain. Like having a hot hair dryer held about 3 inches from your face for 17 minutes. It was almost more than I could stand!!!! Pain depends on how much damage you have and how much acid they have to use. Not for the faint of heart.
That doesn't sound like any fun at all! I have some little spots of skin damage on my forehead, but they aren't cancerous. A couple of years ago a plastic surgeon removed a couple of those spots. I'm not sure what he used, but basically he scraped the top layer of skin away. It sure wasn't as bad as what you had to go through.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
Chortdraw
Extraordinary Member

Keep on top of them rman, I was surprised how much of that crap was under the skin that didn't show up. Good day today as my face has peeled and is looking great,as possible, for a 72 year old man!!! You can't fool Mother Nature Time to work on the swamp cooler. Have to put new filters on and clean the pump and get ready for summer.