Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Recipes

Recipes List your favorite Recipes

Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default What is your Favorite Recipe ?

I guess one of mine is to cut up fresh squash, new potatoes, onions, a garlic bulb, green peppers, and about anything else thats fresh out of the garden (like green tomatoes), into a skillet and fry them.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
tonyex

Send a message via Yahoo to tonyex

Any one like deep fried foods? Instead of plain old bread crumbs, I recommend substituting Kellog's Corn Flake crumbs in your favorite recipe. You can buy a box at the store or get out a rolling pin and crush your own. They sure make my food taste better.
Tony
Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Bowhunter
Gunsmith

Your right on Tony! My wife has recently started using corn flakes for our fried chicken and it is the best I have ever had! Wonder why we just figured that out in our 60's?.....................Dick
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
Bowhunter
Gunsmith

I love Mexican food. It is my all-time favorite food. Unfortunately here in Maine, there are few Mexican restaurants and the one's we do have are not very good. I lived in Albuquerque, N.M. for 16 years and that place was 7th Heaven for Mexican food! My personal favorite recipe is for Chili Rellenos: I use egg roll skins rather than tortillas. Cut open a whole green chili (Hatch Green Chili) and put in a slender piece of sharp cheddar cheese. (5/16 x 5/16 inches and long enough to fill the whole chili) Wrap up the egg roll skin and tuck in the ends. Get the oil hot "first". Fry in a deep frying pan in Wesson Vegetable Oil for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until golden brown take out and serve immediately with rest of Mexican meal. If you like Mexican food, you will love these!.............................Dick
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyex View Post
Any one like deep fried foods? Instead of plain old bread crumbs, I recommend substituting Kellog's Corn Flake crumbs in your favorite recipe. You can buy a box at the store or get out a rolling pin and crush your own. They sure make my food taste better.
Tony
We do the same thing with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then bake them in the oven instead of deep-frying. Many that's tasty!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
rman
Extraordinary Member

My wife makes salsa that is to die for. It is made from whole canned tomatoes, rotel, a little bit of diced jalapena, diced onions, garlic salt and cumin. I take a large plastic bowl of it to work on treat days and it vanishes in a couple of hours.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
Mrs. Jefferson Davis

Baked custard is high on my list.

Two cups scalded milk
Add to this: three beaten eggs mixed with four tablespoons organic sugar, 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Pour into custard cups or Pyrex baking bowls. Sprinkle nutmeg over the tops.
Set custard cups/bowls in a pan of HOT water and poach in a 350 degree oven, until a knife comes out clean. (Usually one hour.)

Also, tastes nice with freshly whipped cream and vanilla on top. (Can substitute sour cream to which organic sugar has been added, for the whipped cream.)
Mrs. Jefferson Davis is offline   Reply With Quote