Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #31
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down

That veto was purely a political motive. Didn't care a bit what the constituents of the Senators and Congressmen wanted. He would rather kiss Obama's butt than give his people what they want. I have not been a big fan of open carry but would sure like the choice to be mine. Maybe they can try it again with some pork for the Govenor to suck up.
Vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #32
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
I'm proud of the majority of the Oklahoma House and Senate, but not the
Governor. He vetoed the Open Carry Bill after the House and Senate passed it. Word has it that he is seeking a Presidential Appointment after the next election. He can't run for Governor again because of Term Limits. He probably knows he couldn't get a Government Appointment if he passed the Bill. I would like to see them override his Veto. If other States don't have problems with open carry, I don't see us having one. I have a list of the votes in the House and Senate on this and other Bills that I will review before the next election. My voting is going to be influenced by historical acts, not promises.
People think I'm a nut case, but my solution to crime problems has always been to require every adult male with no felony convictions or mental history to carry openly. You know the old saying - an armed society is a polite society.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #33
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
People think I'm a nut case, but my solution to crime problems has always been to require every adult male with no felony convictions or mental history to carry openly. You know the old saying - an armed society is a polite society.
Absoluty true! Kennesaw Ga. proved it, 25 years murder free.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=41196

I still think your a nut case!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #34
rman
Extraordinary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Absoluty true! Kennesaw Ga. proved it, 25 years murder free.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=41196

I still think your a nut case!
After following your link and reading the article, it should be painfully obvious - I'M NOT A NUT CASE!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #35
kkbmtgg/go army

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post

Was it Barbara Mandrell that sang, If being a nut is wrong, I don't wanna be right? I like the way you're thinking but you know it would never wash with the lesser among us.
On that same note, I would also like to see every able citizen serve their country. Nothing solves patriotic apathy like a little boot camp
kkbmtgg/go army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #36
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbmtgg/go army View Post
I would also like to see every able citizen serve their country. Nothing solves patriotic apathy like a little boot camp
I was 18 and they got my attention real quick and made a man outta me real quick too. If nothing else it would set some gangsta's straight and at least get them off the streets for a while. The draft was a good thing.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #37
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
I was 18 and they got my attention real quick and made a man outta me real quick too. If nothing else it would set some gangsta's straight and at least get them off the streets for a while. The draft was a good thing.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #38
Pete D.

Default places

I divide my time between two homes. One is on a few acres of wooded land on Phillip's Creek in Sweet Valley, PA about one half mile from the Allegheny Front.
It's quiet and very green, a part of what Pennsylvanians call "the endless mountains" - not the Rockies or even the Adirondacks - these are old, old, old mountains worn down by time and weather, the Appalachians.
Plenty of state game lands - a few hundred thousand acres - close by. Good fishing. Open carry legal.
The other place is very different. It is that hotbed of liberal mania and gun control - NYC, specifically Brooklyn. It is very different than Sweet Valley but not worse.....I enjoy it thoroughly. Whereas in PA, I am surrounded by trees, here in Brooklyn, there is a sidewalk five feet from my bedroom window.
In PA, the nearest anything is six miles away. In Brooklyn, inside a six minute walk there are two movie theaters, four supermarkets, two fine butchers, about 40 restaurants (no kidding) presenting cuisine from all over the world. Manhattan is one subway stop away....so I can be in a the Museum of of Natural History or the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the museum of.......etc. in just a few minutes.
I swim every morning at St. Francis College a few blocks from my house. And I shoot....in the city.....at my club, Metropolitan Rod and Gun Club (est. 1934) which has it's own indoor pistol and archery ranges five blocks from my home. I know that there is a lot of criticism of cities in general and the Big Apple in particular but I don't share those feelings. For all that it isn't, NYC is a nice place to live.
Pete
Pete D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #39
rman
Extraordinary Member

I'm surprised to hear your views on NYC. I can't really imagine living in a huge metropolitan area. I was born and raised on a North Central Kansas farm. I'm afraid I have many preconceived notions of life in the Big Apple. I guess a lot of how we feel about our home depends on what we are used to. Because of my rural upbringing, I would probably feel much more comfortable at your Pennsylvania home. Is it difficult and expensive to belong to a gun club in NYC?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #40
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

I have a Camper in the Country, and a City Home. The City home is in a small town, but Fort Smith is only 20 miles away. I prefer to stay in the Country. Guess it was because I grew up in the Country. I have lived in the City, but never got the Country out of me. Sharon was Raised in Chicago, but she likes the Country also. Nothing wrong with the Cities, but I prefer the trees and grass over the concrete.
Calvin Wiles is offline   Reply With Quote