Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #21
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Thanks for the coffee.

Did almost nothing yesterday other than get a few pounds of road salt washed off the truck. Thought about going out to the garage and getting started on some reloading but it seemed like a lot of extra effort. Sounds like something I need to do today.

The drive home was great once I got to the Ohio Turnpike. I spent an hour or so driving through 9F and snow. From the looks of the weather reports, I was about a day ahead of a really nasty storm. Left at 9F and it was 36 when I got home. My son was complaining about shoveling snow this morning at -15, so it looked like a great time to leave the frozen north.

Y'all have a great day. I'm going to get busy and do a lot of stuff. Really I am. Really.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #22
glockensig

Coffee will hit the spot this morning! 5 Degrees and actually....sorta pretty out - blue skies, sunshine, and a white blanket of snow. But when the wind brings it down to -11. now THAT will wake you up quicker than coffee. The dog and I only went halfway around the block this morning!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #23
2Late45

Sounds like all of Penn. is sharing the same weather. Mercury was showing 4* this morning. Sure is pretty outside, pretty cold also...
Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
Vetter
Banned

Wink

Howdy Gamg! Congrats to Calvin and all of Oklahoma for upsetting Alabama. Central Florida Unniversity upset Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl too. Sounds like we all are getting cold weather. We're only going to 53. I guess I'll get no pity whan y'all are freezing your butts off. I hope nobody loses power in this storm. Head to the Coffee Shop and gather around the fireplace for a few adult beverages and some friendly BS Well, keep warm and be happy it's TGIF!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #25
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. Coffee is on.

Much colder in Richmond than in the midwest this morning. Looks like my kids in Michigan are seeing 20's and we are about 15. Since my son was shoveling snow at -15 yesterday, i doubt I'll get much sympathy.

Great football games last night. Since it is so frigid, I guess I'll have to watch football and basketball today.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #26
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good morning gang. Looks like 6-8 inches of snow headed our way. Guess we'll lay in some supplies and just let it snow.

greener, thanks for the coffee.

Life is good.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #27
glockensig

Coffee tastes great this morning... quite a bit warmer outside here too. Currently 9 degrees with a 2 degree wind chill. Get this! - they are calling for 36 degrees and rain tomorrow, but by Tuesday...the high temperature will be 3! Well, we will take what comes...stay safe everyone!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #28
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Good Morning. Think I'll go through the Breakfast Buffet this morning. Got to have enough energy to keep me warm for what is headed this way. Everyone take it easy, and be careful, during this bad weather. Catch Y'all later.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #29
kansas45

Good Morning.
Molly, I'll have pancakes and bacon this morning please.
Its gonna be a cold day. I think this will be a good day to reload some 45ACP .

Will Rogers
Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #30
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Pancakes and bacon sound good Kansas! I'll be rooting for Kansas City today because they have the Eagles ex coach. They unfairly canned him after many winning seasons. Good luck to him. I'll of course be rooting for the Eagles, my hometown team. Dang painter finally returned my calls and I reamed him good. He said he has all the exterior paint and will start Sunday, weather permitting. It's supposed to rain. I told him I don't trust him and to bring me the paint. He said OK and then I'll get some prices on somebody else finishing the job. He said 5-6 days and it's been 33 so far for a crappy job. I'm shutting up. I sound like a broken record and get more PO'ed talking about it! Everybody keep warm and have a great day!
Closed Thread