Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #31
kansas45

Here Vetter. We better spend the afternoon at the bar. Y'all might as well join us.

Will Rogers
Old 01-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #32
Vetter
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
Here Vetter. We better spend the afternoon at the bar. Y'all might as well join us.
Thanks Kansas, now I feel bad for the post I just put on the "What happened on this day" thread. I'll be there, pour me about 4 fingers of cheap whiskey on the rocks to start with and freshin' everybody up. I may have to take a cab home but I'm ready for a load!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #33
kansas45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
Thanks Kansas, now I feel bad for the post I just put on the "What happened on this day" thread. I'll be there, pour me about 4 fingers of cheap whiskey on the rocks to start with and freshin' everybody up. I may have to take a cab home but I'm ready for a load!
You got it buddy!
Just watched the Kansas City Chiefs blow a 28 point lead and loose that wildcard game to the Colts, 44 to 45.

Will Rogers
Old 01-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #34
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas45 View Post
You got it buddy!
Just watched the Kansas City Chiefs blow a 28 point lead and loose that wildcard game to the Colts, 44 to 45.
I watched that and just seen the Eagles get their butt kicked by 2 points in the final play of the game. Maybe next year. I'm tired, see y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #35
glockensig

Morning All! Coffee's hot. You may want to have something besides what I am having - but hey, I was in the mood for Cream of Wheat this morning!
How 'bout The Eagles!? They must be one of the most cursed teams in sports. They lose...their ex coach loses...etc.
Well, I stayed inside yesterday an gave my AR a good thorough cleaning. It's ready to roll now!
It is getting warmer every day - why this morning hit double digits at 10 degrees...good Cream of Wheat weather!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
Old 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #36
kansas45

Cream Of Wheat sounds good to me, glock. Good idea!
We have 2" of snow and 14 degrees and it ain't gonna get much warmer for a couple of days.
I am going over to my Uncle Slick's house to replace a light switch and repair his leaking kitchen faucet. Slick broke his leg awhile back and can't get around to fix these things for about 5 more weeks. I think after that I'll see if the Old Broad wants to go out to lunch and take in a movie this afternoon.
Y'all keep warm!

Will Rogers
Old 01-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
Vetter
Banned

Cool

Good mornin' boys! Big mug of java with a double of Irish Cream please. It's a beautiful day, going to 82 but Come Tuesday AM we're looking at 29 degrees! I have a couple things to do today, I haven't done nothing since Christmas eve and that was just go to Mom and my sister's for dinner. It's safe to say I'm still a Pro-Procrastinator! Have a great day gang!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #38
panther
Extraordinary Member

Morning folks. I'm ready for some coffee. We were in the 40's yesterday, this morning it's 14, wind chill of -4, and we got about 4 inches of snow. This is about as warm as we're going to get too. I'm staying home today.
I watched those games last night. You have to admire the Colt's ability to comeback, but I wish they had done it to someone else! This was one of the best years the Chiefs have had in a long time and they still can't make it past a playoff game.
I hope any of you that are being hit by this storm can stay in and stay safe. We're supposed to have high temps tomorrow in the single digits.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #39
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Good Morning Gang! Hot Coffee hits the spot, this morning. We Cancelled Church, and Sharon and I filled the Crockpot with a Chicken Noodle Soup that has everything but the dish rag in it. Got to have something hot this kind of weather. Looks like this next week is going to be a good time for me to do a lot of Bookwork where its warm. Everyone try to stay warm.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #40
greener
Extraordinary Member

Good afternoon. I've been messing around with computers all morning. Maybe it's time for some target practice.

Internet exploder decided to crash every time I tried to start it up this morning. Don't use it much, but have a few applications that only it seems to work. Turned out to be Avast AV that was crashing it. (Appropriate that something from Microsoft is crashed by an AV?). Avast tech support said "we did nothing, no updates since October." Last update in control panel was 1/2/14. They would fix my windows problem for $$$$.

My tablet is driving me nuts with a software upgrade it wants to do and will not carry out. Downloaded a rom flasher and spent 30 minutes removing all the nice new "helper" programs that came with it. To get the complete upgrade, I get to download a 1gb file requiring 6 hours or pay $20 to get it faster.

Too rainy to go shooting, so I suppose I'll give up on the world of electronics and watch football or go out into the garage for some more reloading.

Y'all have a great day.
Closed Thread