Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #1961
Vetter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Good morning. Went to the hair place early and got my ears lowered this morning. I was getting kind of fond of the 'wino' look, but the boss lady wasn't. The gal that cut my hair had her hair dyed lavender. I thought at first that my vision was going, but it really was lavender. She is usually a cute little blonde.

It's pretty peaceful around here right now. Tristan took Shiloh to town with him. I could get used to this.

I tried to get on my laptop this morning, but it is downloading updates. It's been at it for an hour and a half, so I suppose I'm getting the 'anniversary update', whatever that is.
Good luck with the anniversary edition. I don't see any difference except it took at least 22 hours to load and it took AOL out so another 6-8 hours with that. Still sucks, video's take forever to load and then rarely run without stopping and starting. Good to hear Shiloh behaved at the vet's and it's good T is taking him out with him. Keep your dirty old mind off the cute hairdresser.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #1962
kansas45

Rained out the races today. I guess we will try again next Saturday.
Gotta take he Old Broad out to supper for some reason, so I probably better take a nap before I get ready to go.

Will Rogers
Old 09-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #1963
Vetter
Banned

Question

Good mornin' gang! Coffee smells good today, thanks Molly. Well gang, The computer saga goes on. I gave in and used this outfit that's charges $149. to clean and rid your computer on virus and hackers for a year and $89. a year each year after.They worked on it all day and into the night. Well, mine isn't any better, Franne's is good. I'll call them again today. Franne and I both received an e mail from her Mom and we both opened it and found gibberish. I quickly deleted it, not sure about Franne. I usually call somebody so they can tell their contacts she was hacked but Franne's Mom probably wouldn't ever touch the computer again. She's on the laptop or ipad all day. Keeps her sharp. I used these people a couple years ago they did the job. I researched them again before calling and they seem on the up and up. Oh well, we'll see. I can buy another computer, the additional 3 year warranty I purchased will refund what I paid for the computer. They sent me a shipping label. So replacing this one won't cost me hardly anything.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #1964
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's a dreary, rainy morning around here. It rained off and on all night, but we only got about an inch so far. North and West of us they had 3-5". I ran into Topeka this morning and Soldier Creek is the highest I've seen it this year. I cross it right before it dumps into the Kansas River. It's a good thing they have a good levy system because it's wide and high.

Vetter, my upgrade didn't come out too bad. The only problem I had was my VMWare virtual machine software. I installed it so I could install 32-bit Windows 7 to run some of my old software. It wouldn't run so I ran a repair from the installation program and it's runs fine now. VMWare is pretty cool software. If I had installation DVD's, I could install the latest Apple computer software and run it also. And the best part - it's free for non-comercial use.

Tristan got his deer tag today. Apparently the State is short on money - they went up $12.00 from last year.

ETA: I'm wrong about running the Apple OS via VMWare on Windows. It used to work, but VMWare signed an agreement with Apple not to emulate a Mac on Windows. There is some 3rd party software called Hackintosh that is supposed to allow this, but it's probably not worth fooling with.

Last edited by rman; 09-25-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #1965
kansas45

Good evening. It's about time for a nightcap and a movie.

Will Rogers
Old 09-26-2016, 04:20 AM   #1966
rman
Extraordinary Member

Good morning. It's a nice, crisp morning here - clear and 48 degrees. I can't remember when the low was in the forties last. I'll have some black coffee and a short stack Molly. Oh, and I better have a side of bacon and a V-8 too, please.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #1967
kansas45

Good morning. It's a nice, cool, Fall morning. I like it. Coffee, oatmeal and bacon please, Molly.

Will Rogers
Old 09-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #1968
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Howdy gang! Tall mug of mud with some Irish cream please Molly. Got the cable company coming today to try and get my computer working right. Next step is call in the over the phone guy again them I'll order a computer. When it comes I'll send this one back for a refund. Pee's me off. No nice crisp morning here, 77 now, low 90's forecast high. I heard on the news that the peaceful muslim immigrant that killed 4 shoppers and shot a 5th in the Washington Mall will be in court to see what charges he'll face. How about 4 murders, guilty at sunset. Helping make America great again! I sure hope the Donald has some Hillary dirt up his sleeve for tonight's debate. Maybe she'll stroke out, like Benghazi, "what's it matter"! Everybody have a great day!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #1969
rman
Extraordinary Member

It's beer:30. I'll have a Bud Light please.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 AM   #1970
kansas45

Good morning.
Not much to report so far today. Last nights debate was interesting, disappointing and comical all at the same time. Hopefully Killary lost some of her votes.
The dog is wanting fed, so I guess I had better get that done right away.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread