Early Risers Coffee Shop ® (  

Go Back   Early Risers Coffee Shop ® ("Where Friends enjoy Friends") > Coffee Shop

Coffee Shop This Board was established along the lines of a Virtual Coffee Shop, with the idea of having a place to relax, visit and discuss the days happenings, and exchange information about different topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
Calvin Wiles
The Old Fart Janitor

Default Coffee Shop 2018, Calvin Wiles drop in, and join in discussing the Daily Activities!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope 2018 brings Blessings to each one of our members.

Each active member of this Board is greatly appreciated, and you are what keeps it going.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
rman
Extraordinary Member

Howdy Calvin! Thanks for keeping this running and available to us.

Coffee and some firewood please. 2018 is not off to a good start. I got to sleep around 2:00 and woke up freezing at 5:00. The furnace isn't working and I can't get it to work. I called the guy who usually does our HVAC work, but he isn't returning my call. I asked him to call me, even if he can't come out today. I'm going to give him another half hour and then try someone else. The temp outside is -5 and the wind chill is -19. I have the oven going in the kitchen and an electric heater running in the living room. They are keeping the edge off, but tonight is supposed to be extremely cold and we can't get through another night without the furnace.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
rman
Extraordinary Member

I called another HVAC company and they got here about 11:30. It took him about 10 minutes to fix the problem and VOILA, heat! It sure feels good not to have to wrap up in a blanket.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
kansas45

Good deal, rman. Wouldn't want that Bud Light to freeze.

Will Rogers
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
rman
Extraordinary Member

The Bud Light stash is safe and secure Kansas. Oh, and the furnace seems to be working just fine. (Hope it continues through the night.)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #6
Vetter
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Wiles View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope 2018 brings Blessings to each one of our members.

Each active member of this Board is greatly appreciated, and you are what keeps it going.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Calvin.

Each active member of this Board is greatly appreciated, and we are part of what keeps it going. Truth be told Calvin you started it and Jake does a great job maintaining it. We all thank you guys for the effort keeping us up and running. We all thank each other for the friendship and being active to keeping us going. Thanks to you all for being great friends and a shoulder to lean on when needed! ERCS is the absolute best hangout on the entire internet!
Old 01-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #7
Vetter
Banned

Smile

Rman, I'm sure you got someone out to get the heater up and running. Those temps are downright dangerous if he heat is out long. Besides being cold pipes can freeze and break and us old geezers can too. At least you know Kansas would rescue the Bud Lights if necessary. We'll be going down to 42 here. Doesn't sound bad to you guys but the homeless have no shelter space available so meals and a warm place to sleep would be nice. I have a friend who lives alone and picked up a homeless guy, bought him home, let him shower and gave him clean clothes along with warm clothes and made him a meal while he cleaned up. Let him get a good nights sleep in his guest bedroom. He was going to give him a few buck in the morning before he left for work. Not all good deeds go as planned, The guy got up early and left but not until he pissed all around the room. I guess most have mental problems but to wrong someone who helped you sucks. I hope nobody else has furnace trouble, I remember Panther's was giving him a fit last year. Well my last chance to say Happy, Healthy, New Years to all!
Old 01-02-2018, 12:09 AM   #8
dowop

Good Morning.
Coffee is ready,just flip the switch.
Hope your furnace is working well rman.
Lot of shanties on the lake. Nope I aint starting ice fishing,just looking.
Brought in a case of 16oz Bud Lights.
Headed on down to Walmart, then on down to the hood.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
Teddybear
Extraordinary Member

Good morning everyone. Dowop, thanks for getting the coffee ready. I kinda need it on this cold morning.
I survived another family function yesterday. It's getting so all there is is a bunch of people setting around with their face buried in some type of electronic device. Not too much interaction anymore. It got down to -15 yesterday morning which broke the record of -13 set in 1968. It got up to a balmy 0. I just looked and it's -13. I don't know if that is another record or not, guess I'll have to see what the weather dummies have to say.

Rman, glad you got that furnace up n running. Seems like if something is going to happen, it will happen when it's cold or really hot. One of our neighbors has already put batteries in 2 of their 6 cars.

Y'all have a great day and stay warn.

Life is good.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #10
kansas45

Good morning. Thanks dowop and Teddy for getting the coffee going,
It's still a little cool around here, going to the shop, light the fire and work on a project that Jeff has going.
Y'all stay warm today.

Will Rogers
Closed Thread